• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynosure

..because we have NEVER been told that before.

ipwkA1vzhaqGP.gif

Plus being entertaining is a VERY important part of being a good judge.

iXq5pr5qunRUn.gif

I think she'll will be boring too, especially for the American audience.

I think she'll will be boring too, especially for the American audience.

Lol....I am not sure it has a lot to do with the American audience. More to do with whether or not she has the ability to be critical of contestants. I watched a few interviews and she seems smart and likable, but thats not enough. I am not saying she WON'T be a good judge.....just that its too soon to tell.

Who knew that 3 years later I would book looking back fondly on Kara DioGuardi's tenure as a judge of all things.....the current crop of judges is just that bad.

Bladenic

Lol....I am not sure it has a lot to do with the American audience. More to do with whether or not she has the ability to be critical of contestants. I watched a few interviews and she seems smart and likable, but thats not enough. I am not saying she WON'T be a good judge.....just that its too soon to tell.

Who knew that 3 years later I would book looking back fondly on Kara DioGuardi's tenure as a judge of all things.....the current crop of judges is just that bad.

Lets not get hasty... Kara was and still is the absolute worst judge I've ever seen on a reality singing competition.

Pretty much. Family always the first to want to cash in.

I remember Oprah talking about how her mother would steal her checkbook and write herself massive checks. Felt she was entitled to them. Its usually the worst parents who feel the most entitled to begin with....

Disgraceful.

Trigger

Lets not get hasty... Kara was and still is the absolute worst judge I've ever seen on a reality singing competition.

Hardly. Britney is far worse. I thought Kara did a decent job of trying to focus on the singing and being technical. I think she just had a bad habit of getting catty with Paula.

EDIT- Great minds think alike apparently.

royalan

The Voice‘s Season 3 finale played to 14 million total viewers while scoring a 4.9 demo rating, hitting season highs and up 18 and 11 percent from the NBC competition’s second coronation ceremony.
Sauce

X Floptor could never. Thanks!
SqXLq.gif

Galang

Banned
eA6nq.png

JGZMW.png

This is so sad. So very, very sad.

Pathetic

Where does this lowlife get one million from? The child support he paid is probably only equal to a tenth of that if he got a modest judgement. Some people are ordered to pay crazy amounts, but it really depends on what they do. Regardless what reason would you have to even get child support back? I know here we are given child support for up to 25 years of age at maximum assuming the child is still in college/university. Otherwise it stops at 18/19.

I love when parents come back to reap success after they've abandoned their child. I bet he doesn't even respect Frank's coming out or his career regardless.

buh buh but she's irrelevant!

Once Billboard.com readers weighed in on their favorite artists, songs and albums of the year, Madonna emerged as the 2012 MVP and came out on top in four other categories.

One year after pop divas like Britney Spears, Adele and Lady Gaga ruled the 2011 Billboard.com Readers' Poll, Madonna dominated the competition in the 2012 edition of our year-end fan forum. Once Billboard.com readers weighed in on their favorite artists, songs and albums over the past 12 months, Madonna emerged as the 2012 MVP, and came out on top in four other categories.

2012 MVP- Madonnna
Madonna's achievements included earning the most votes for favorite Billboard 200 No. 1 album with her chart-topping "MDNA"; winning the Best Tour crown for her MDNA trek, which grossed more money than any other run this year, according to Billboard Boxscore; nabbing favorite TV performance for her Super Bowl halftime show extravaganza last February; and even winning most memorable feud for her war of words with that Thing. For that incredible year, Madonna was handed the MVP crown from last year's winner, Britney Spears; in doing so, she topped Frank Ocean, Taylor Swift and Nicki Minaj, who came in second, third and fourth in voting, respectively

Bow.

iQ7OIGVrqqoRp.gif

lmfao

Bladenic

I would take her over Brit, J Lo, Tyler, Paula, or Randy any day. She was smart but had no perspective imo.

I said that I seen. I disagree with 3 of those you mentioned, but I agree with Randy. No opinion on Britney, or rather I don't believe she even deserves to be mentioned or counted.

Damn Madonna swept. And damn The Voice slays the ratings. I wonder if Simon wakes up everyday in a constant state of being pressed.

I said that I seen. I disagree with 3 of those you mentioned, but I agree with Randy. No opinion on Britney, or rather I don't believe she even deserves to be mentioned or counted.

Damn Madonna swept. And damn The Voice slays the ratings. I wonder if Simon wakes up everyday in a constant state of being pressed.

Yeah it will be interesting to see what he tries next year. They won't go for a big name celebrity....not to mention that the shows ratings are sinking in the UK as well. My prediction is that next season will be the last for X Factor USA and Simon will go back to judging in the UK to try to save that version.

botty

Banned
Pathetic

Where does this lowlife get one million from? The child support he paid is probably only equal to a tenth of that if he got a modest judgement. Some people are ordered to pay crazy amounts, but it really depends on what they do. Regardless what reason would you have to even get child support back? I know here we are given child support for up to 25 years of age at maximum assuming the child is still in college/university. Otherwise it stops at 18/19.

I love when parents come back to reap success after they've abandoned their child. I bet he doesn't even respect Frank's coming out or his career regardless.

Most parents feel like they are owed something when their children find success, but considering the guy abandoned Francis at a young age, along with giving him the name Francis, I really doubt he is the one who is owed anything.

I hope Madonna's next album is a return to form. MDNA wasn't that impressive.

I don't even know what a Madonna return to form would be. She has so many eras, sounds, and styles that it would be really hard to pin point on particular form she should return to. Though, I am not a stan so maybe one of the Madonna stans have a preference that they can interject here.

SqXLq.gif

Trigger

I don't even know what a Madonna return to form would be. She has so many eras, sounds, and styles that it would be really hard to pin point on particular form she should return to. Though, I am not a stan so maybe one of the Madonna stans have a preference that they can interject here.

True, she is very versatile.

botty

Banned
Legendtina will be honored at the People's Choice Awards

Multi-award winning recording artist Christina Aguilera will perform live at PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARDS 2013, from the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles, Wednesday, January 9, 2013, airing on the CBS Television Network (9:00-11:00 PM, ET/delayed PT). She will be joining previously announced performer, country star Jason Aldean. The People’s Choice Awards is the only major awards show where fans determine the nominees and winners across categories of movies, music and television.
In addition to performing, Christina Aguilera will be presented with the 2013 "PEOPLE'S VOICE" award. Waterford Crystal will design the custom trophy, which recognizes Aguilera’s outstanding achievements in the music industry, and celebrates her ability to reach millions of fans both at home and abroad, across pop, soul and R&B genres.
"I am thrilled to announce that Christina Aguilera is joining Jason Aldean as a performer at the People's Choice Awards," said Executive Producer Mark Burnett. "Christina is one of my dearest friends and lights up literally every stage she steps onto. And I am so glad that I get to work with the amazing Jason Aldean again. I cannot wait to see these performances live on show night!"
Aguilera has sold more than 43 million albums worldwide, achieved four #1 singles on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, won five Grammy® Awards and was the only artist under 30 to make Rolling Stone magazine’s list of 100 greatest singers of all time. In 2012, while mentoring new talent in her role as coach on "The Voice," Christina released her new album, LOTUS, which features collaborations with Max Martin, Sia, and Alex Da Kid and duets with Cee Lo Green and Blake Shelton.
In addition to Christina Aguilera, country star Jason Aldean will take the stage at PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARDS 2013. With more than seven million records sold and 10 #1 hits under his belt, Aldean just released one of the year's most buzzed about new albums, the platinum-certified NIGHT TRAIN. The album’s first single, “Take A Little Ride,” was the longest-running #1 country song of 2012, and its second single, "The Only Way I Know" featuring Luke Bryan and Eric Church, is currently storming up the charts. Aldean recently solidified his stadium headliner status and is set to play at least four stadium shows on his 2013 NIGHT TRAIN Tour which, begins February 21 and rolls on to 23 cities through May.

#Legend
#Iconic
#Queen

She has been getting so many honors and tributes lately. Even when so many pressed souls are against her, she continues to gather acclaim and thrives.

i0KIEP90YgpdJ.gif

Bladenic

Miley looks soooooooo ugly with that hair.

Congrats to Xtina. I was gonna say 43 million worldwide isn't all that great for a "legend" but then like 95% of that figure are the first 3 albums. Of course that could look positive or negative.. But oh well, good for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom