• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Louis Tomlinson stans for Britney*. Simon hasn't talked to her about coming back for another season yet.

iV41hOveCe1S5.gif

cory64

Pon de Replay was just certified 2x platinum, which is crazy because it was right at the beginning of the digital era. Gold Digger is the only bigger selling single from 2005. Even We Belong Together is only 1x Platinum and that was the #1 single of the decade.

Birthday Cake is at 1x platinum. Not the remix, the 78 second long track from the album. Lawd.

That longevity.

yeah, ATRL

Koodo

Banned
Leaving after the one-season contract has been fulfilled is not getting fired. I'm sure the Xtincta stans will get to know the word well in 2013.

ibqVftM1t9NMRm.gif

Trigger

Simon's mistake was assuming that simply having a big name on the panel was enough. It doesn't matter how much Brit has sold or done before if she's a drag on the actual panel segments.

What can I say?
Louis is still my favorite....questionable vocal skills or not

I've got my eye on you.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Pon de Replay was just certified 2x platinum, which is crazy because it was right at the beginning of the digital era. Gold Digger is the only bigger selling single from 2005. Even We Belong Together is only 1x Platinum and that was the #1 single of the decade.

Birthday Cake is at 1x platinum. Not the remix, the 78 second long track from the album. Lawd.

That longevity.

Rih is such a powerhouse. A 90 second interlude sold a million single copies. There is a reason she is the highest selling digital artist ever. She slays. Let me go buy Pon De Replay on iTunes to push her to 2,000,001.

That #impact

Bladenic

Leaving after the one-season contract has been fulfilled is not getting fired. I'm sure the Xtincta stans will get to know the word well in 2013.

ibqVftM1t9NMRm.gif

But Britney has said she'd like to return. Simon doesn't want her. Perhaps not fired, just gently let go. Oh well.

I listened to Agape, and I was floored from White Girl In Paris thru Can't Handle The Truth. I may have to stan.

i6ktR0JODnh00.gif

She sounds eerily like Monica though. But I <3 Monica too, so it's whatever.

Mumei

I just finished my student teaching, and have to submit:

- An ethnographic school portrait (15-20 pages)
- Student case study (5 pages)
- Philosophy of education research paper (5 pages)

I've been gathering evidence all throughout the semester, but haven't really had the time to sit and write since lesson planning and Persona 4 consume so much of my time.

Those actually sound very interesting. You should send me copies to read when you are done, especially the ethnographic school portrait (please thanks xoxo).

I have been replaying Persona 4; I'm in November on my New Game+.

how do you know he doesnt stan cocaine

I dunno...has Mumu explicitly stated that he does not stan for cocaine?

I do not use crack, although a regimen of crack and meth would be a fine explanation towards explaining my ability to stay under 130 pounds while eating like Christina.

botty

Banned
Rih is such a powerhouse. A 90 second interlude sold a million single copies. There is a reason she is the highest selling digital artist ever. She slays. Let me go buy Pon De Replay on iTunes to push her to 2,000,001. t

Shame we will never know the reason.
iTvlw7AgAyc8o.gif

Cynosure

There is no way Simon would want Broken Spearit back, she's a $15 million mistake.

he even admitted to hiring her and Demi for their antics

tumblr_maa2d9B0T51r8fe7uo1_250.gif

tumblr_maa2d9B0T51r8fe7uo2_r1_250.gif

Mumei

Simon's mistake was assuming that simply having a big name on the panel was enough. It doesn't matter how much Brit has sold or done before if she's a drag on the actual panel segments.

Yep. But he seems to believe that all he needed to do to make X-Factor a success was to turn up the glitz and production to max, transparently manipulate the audiences even more transparently than he usually does on these shows, and stick a superstar on the panel.

Voilà, instant success.

Too bad he forgot about having compelling talent and allowing story arcs to be something that occur organically and not the result of force-fed, producer-driven narratives. :(

Bladenic

Yep. But he seems to believe that all he needed to do to make X-Factor a success was to turn up the glitz and production to max, transparently manipulate the audiences even more transparently than he usually does on these shows, and stick a superstar on the panel.

Voilà, instant success.

Too bad he forgot about having compelling talent and allowing story arcs to be something that occur organically and not the result of force-fed, producer-driven narratives. :(

Um it's a reality singing competition, the "story arcs" are not going to be organic no matter what.

You didn't like We Get By? ;___;

I'm on my second play through now. Everything's definitely sounding better. I went in with stupid low expectations, and only the last 3 songs caught my attention. Now that I'm actively listening to it, it sounds much better.

We Get By just started...

ibgAK1aSNKI08o.gif

royalan

Um it's a reality singing competition, the "story arcs" are not going to be organic no matter what.

That's not true at all.

All you have to do is look at early seasons of American Idol and The Voice (the Tony Lucca-Xtina-Adam Levine drama from last season?) to see organic story arcs play out.

X Factor just had wayyyy too many obviously orchestrated "character" moments that were a waste of time because they weren't at all interesting and it took no effort to see right through them.

I'm on my second play through now. Everything's definitely sounding better. I went in with stupid low expectations, and only the last 3 songs caught my attention. Now that I'm actively listening to it, it sounds much better.

We Get By just started...

ibgAK1aSNKI08o.gif

But it's my favorite track. ;___;

Oh well....

Mumei

What do you think I mean when I say "organic"?

Edit: I should be clear; I agree with royalan just said but maybe you mean something different by the word than I do.

There is no way Simon would want Broken Spearit back, she's a $15 million mistake.

he even admitted to hiring her and Demi for their antics

tumblr_maa2d9B0T51r8fe7uo1_250.gif

tumblr_maa2d9B0T51r8fe7uo2_r1_250.gif

I fully expect Demi back though. I think she is at least capable of improving...plus she is fun....and she and Simon like one another.

(and she is a cheap hire)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom