• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear Ain't Nobodeh Bidne blaring from my neighbor's house...

Should I be worried about the couple next door?
ipJT86RNel3zy.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
something something trying too hard something something drag queen styling something something bad for the black community

;)

How could I forget the drag queen and bad for black community comment. Thanks for adding :p

Bladenic

Nah we are just listing the things Royalan says about Beyonce anytime you ask about Bey. I like Bey but not a stan there and its amusing to watch Royalan with the things sis writes.

ibg0tRZKAeKWKV.gif

No I know what you're doing, and I'm pretty sure Roy said The Carters are bad for the entire human population.

royalan

Beyonce appears in the new DEMAND A PLAN campaign to curb gun prevalence in America.

because dead people can't buy her album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64G5FfG2Xpg

Well, never let it be said that the talentless Creole hack with drag queen styling isn't ALSO an opportunist. Anything for the public to forget that she recently resold her soul to The Carbonated Lucifer in a deadly pack that only spells doom for children the world over. God, she's so bad for the black community.

Also, HEW does she think she's fooling with that top knot?

touching ad tho...."Oh'KREAK"

Vazra

Well, never let it be said that the talentless Creole hack with drag queen styling isn't ALSO an opportunist. Anything for the public to forget that she recently resold her soul to The Carbonated Lucifer in a deadly pack that only spells doom for children the world over. God, she's so bad for the black community.

Also, HEW does she think she's fooling with that top knot?

touching ad tho...."Oh'KREAK"

Have a Pepcé

iEwCdhvqOLILI.png

Mumei

Same could be said about your "children" comment.

Let's try this again:

Wafflecakes, what were you going for when you said, "As opposed to your fav's?"? This comment makes no sense, because that is something different about them. Why would you make a retort that makes absolutely no sense?

I'd be nervous as hell performing in front of the president and his family.

For the QUEEN though, just another Tuesday.

That's probably her worst Hero performance that year, though.

3phemeral

Let's try this again:

Wafflecakes, what were you going for when you said, "As opposed to your fav's?"? This comment makes no sense, because that is something different about them. Why would you make a retort that makes absolutely no sense?

Your comment of "children" implies that there is something wrong with them being young. Which is ridiculousness of course. So I responded with the equally ridiculous implication that there was something wrong with you for liking older artists.

Maybe you were simply making an observation.....however its very rare in this thread for such an observation to be made without a great deal of shade also implied.

Vazra

I DO love that version, but I prefer the 2011 rendition, as Christina was able to do it in one connected breath. And I kinda prefer the deeper tone she has in head voice now.

Still, Demi could never. But I won't drag too hard since she IS an Xtina stan.
She likes Beyonce tho.
iEwCdhvqOLILI.png

EDIT: Lana has more Gifs than Gaga on Marius Tumblr. I feel accomplished.

royalan

She was just coming off the legendary Daydream Tour. I'll forgive her the imperfections.

Was this supposed to be good, by the way? Not even a minute in and already the strain is overpowering. Love the band's arrangement, though.

I don't hear strain in the part you're referencing. Sometimes I feel people confuse strain with the natural throaty quality her voice has (the merits of which is another debate, but still). A little bit of strain happens towards the end, that I can't deny. But overall think this song was in her comfort zone. She's been singing it for years.

Also, I thought it was very good. But I dunno...do you have a superior Leona version you'd like to regale us with?

I don't hear strain in the part you're referencing. Sometimes I feel people confuse strain with the natural throaty quality her voice has (the merits of which is another debate, but still). A little bit of strain happens towards the end, that I can't deny. But overall think this song was in her comfort zone. She's been singing it for years.

Also, I thought it was very good. But I dunno...do you have a superior Leona version you'd like to regale us with?
Leona never sang that particular song in public, but I much prefer her Christmas spirit.

That creamy, warm tone at 1:36 just melts me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom