• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

I wanna Shit and Shout
And let it all out
And Shit
And Shout
And let it out

iWUlApOOyJZlD.gif

I almost choked on my lunch.

Bladenic

Lol save for a few tweets that went too far I'd hardly call it cyber bullying, considering most of them were just kidding and playful. She's NOT a victim.

Mumei

Your comment of "children" implies that there is something wrong with them being young. Which is ridiculousness of course. So I responded with the equally ridiculous implication that there was something wrong with you for liking older artists.

Maybe you were simply making an observation.....however its very rare in this thread for such an observation to be made without a great deal of shade also implied.

Oh.

Well, I was being shady but you misunderstood my shade. Let me just leave it at that, 'kay? :3

I don't hear strain in the part you're referencing. Sometimes I feel people confuse strain with the natural throaty quality her voice has (the merits of which is another debate, but still). A little bit of strain happens towards the end, that I can't deny. But overall think this song was in her comfort zone. She's been singing it for years.

Also, I thought it was very good. But I dunno...do you have a superior Leona version you'd like to regale us with?

Her voice doesn't have a natural throat-y quality, though. This is her natural vocal quality. Incidentally, I don't like all of the choices in that last one, but the vast majority of it is some of her best tonal production.

Haley was a good example of someone with pretty healthy belts who still had a throaty or raspy quality; Christina's is coming from strain. And when Christina does hit those belts properly, that strain is not apparent.

In fairness, you might be right that her voice has taken on some now unavoidable signs of damage but I wouldn't agree with the idea that this was just "her voice."

Bladenic

Mhmmm. Gotta love when someone posts a thread with an agenda that is so thin that everyone quickly see's through it. It gets even better when the OP doubles down on it.

This thread is what immediately jumps into my mind.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=486714

That's nothing. I truly can't remember what this thread I'm thinking of was titled or even the main point, but just about everyone went in the exact opposite direction from the OP and the OP argued with the others for pages upon pages. A true catastrophe.

That's nothing. I truly can't remember what this thread I'm thinking of was titled or even the main point, but just about everyone went in the exact opposite direction from the OP and the OP argued with the others for pages upon pages. A true catastrophe.

Yeah I am sure there are worse ones. I just can't remember enough details of most of them to do a proper Google search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom