• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styles

I think people would go deaf if the loudness was mastered any higher than a 4. Given Xtincta's constant screeching,I would imagine that was for the best.

Bladenic

Stefan™;45699400 said:
I think people would go deaf if the loudness was mastered any higher than a 4. Given Xtincta's constant screeching,I would imagine that was for the best.

A lot of tracks on Lotus are 5...

Styles

A lot of tracks on Lotus are 5...

Bless those who have suffered through them.
c3ed7b23.gif

Christina will always be better than an artist like... let's say Madonna.

Lotus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Madonna's discography

I don't post lies.

Yeah the PC I have now is my first to ever really qualify as a "gaming" PC....now that I have it I can never go back. I spend so much time on the computer, and having a high end one has improved the overall experience so dramatically, that performance is now a quality of life issue for me. Every time I am forced to use a generic PC for anything I cringe. PC master race 4 lyfe.

As to Wii, my story starts and ends with Twilight Princess. I purchased a Wii a few months after launch and the game (my first Zelda game...I only owned an Xbox from the previous gen) and the experience BLEW MY MIND. Easily the greatest single experience I have ever had in gaming, and I still consider it to be the greatest game I have ever played. After that......I was sold. Mario Galaxy was also amazing and Wii Fit was sweet (lost 90 lbs) so yeah.....I am a bit of a fanboy.
I would game on the PC if I had a gaming PC like yours. There's quite a bit of games that look really cool, but alas I'm stuck with this crap, lol. You being a fanboy of the Wii and PC is adorable. Too bad Delio got to you first. :(

It has to mean witch craft. Only someone who practices such things can make someone hate them but like some of their music. Too bad Ellie got crowned the wicked witch first.

cory64

There's even a 6... Only the Fighters know how they manage to re-listen to those songs constantly.

It goes the other direction. So the 3's are the ear-melting ones. Modern popular music is usually between 6 and 8, 5's probably my limit for headphone listening. Older stuff is even higher. Like a Prayer is 14, and it sounds magnificent.

Mumei

It's a track's loudness rating. Loudness is something set in the studio, different from volume and can't be controlled by the consumer. Which is why some songs might seem quite a bit louder than others at a same volume rating.

Oh, I understood that much; I just wasn't sure what it meant in terms of like... in order to get a 4, what level of loudness do you need?

cory64

Oh, I understood that much; I just wasn't sure what it meant in terms of like... in order to get a 4, what level of loudness do you need?

It's a measure of the dynamic range in decibels.

In fact, Lotus’ dynamic range as a whole sits at a repulsive and repellent 4dB of range. Only “Your Body” and and “Blank Page” allow for the broader confines, but even they’re only averaged out at 6dB between the loudest and softest segments of their durations. To put this into perspective, the Red Hot Chili Peppers infamous brick walled Californication sits at an average dynamic range of 5dB. Christina’s record is crushed more and to make it worse, its limiting and compression techniques are extremely noticeable.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Christina will always be better than an artist like... let's say Madonna.

Lotus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Madonna's discography

I don't post lies.
I don't think you lied

The hag's discography is only praised due to jealousy and nostalgia when in reality it is a complete piece of boring shit.

Mumei

It's a measure of the dynamic range in decibels.

Well, yes, I assumed it was decibels but... like human speech is typically 40dB, right? Or a concert hall is up to 80dB. So if 4dB is the range of loudness inherit, what does that tell you about how loud it actually is? Does that mean 44 - 48dB? 80 - 84dB? That's the part that I don't really get it. All it really seems to tell me (and the Wiki entry for music for dynamic range seems to say the same thing) is that album is pretty consistently the same volume throughout, but not how loud it actually is.

Is there somewhere where they list how they test the dB levels independent of volume, and what those dB levels are?

I would game on the PC if I had a gaming PC like yours. There's quite a bit of games that look really cool, but alas I'm stuck with this crap, lol. You being a fanboy of the Wii and PC is adorable. Too bad Delio got to you first. :(
lol yeah. PC gaming is amazing....not sure I will ever buy another console (outside Nintendo for 1st party) again.

<3

PC gaming is for rich folk only IMO. Not hurr for that.

Between how much cheaper games are on PC (I rarely pay more than 29.99 for a game), and the fact that my gaming PC is still cheaper than most mac's are that hipsters tote around.......

I don't feel its more expensive at all.....meh.

lol, my computer can't handle most games. I played Civ 5 tho, and that shit can become addicting.

Lol yeah I can blow whole days on one Civ 5 match (I am fairly passive in that game) without even noticing.

Bladenic

Between how much cheaper games are on PC (I rarely pay more than 29.99 for a game), and the fact that my gaming PC is still cheaper than most mac's are that hipsters tote around.......

I don't feel its more expensive at all.....meh.

Lol yeah I can blow whole days on one Civ 5 match (I am fairly passive in that game) without even noticing.

Well not talking about everything, but to get stuff like max settings and the best experience, you need to spend quite a bit if money. Plus you always have to upgrade to keep up with newer games, generally speaking anyway.

Lmao at saying Macs are for hipsters though.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
She doesn't have much range, but damn does she know how to write hooks.
Agree with the hooks.

She doesn't have much range but she knows how to work with what she has. She will surely not try belting out crazy high notes. I like when people work knowing their limits which is part of my respect and love to Lana. Its something so far I can listen to relax. I like it but there is surely room for improvement since there are times her voice gets lost with the instrumental music and some words tend to get lost at times. Overall pretty enjoyable and want to listen more from her.

Well not talking about everything, but to get stuff like max settings and the best experience, you need to spend quite a bit if money. Plus you always have to upgrade to keep up with newer games, generally speaking anyway.

I keep relatively cutting edge but not like......OMG THERE IS A NEW VIDEO CARD COMING OUT! MUST BUY DAY 1!

Its probably more expensive than console gaming for those people.

However. My current rig cost me slightly less than 1k almost exactly a year ago. I have yet to do any major upgrades (will probably do some later this year) and I have yet to run into a game that I cannot run on max settings. So for me its a non issue.

(twas kidding about the Mac Hipsters thing.....
Don't kill me
My point was that many MANY people spend just as much, or more, on computers than PC gamers do.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom