• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
The tin can challenge >>>> all other challenges

Trying to rope in some mates to do it
Is there a way to rig it tho

botty

Banned
The tin can challenge >>>> all other challenges

Trying to rope in some mates to do it
Is there a way to rig it tho

Um..

iSP8WlSjKaNmC.gif

Bladenic

It's a kids movie soundtrack this will be forgotten. It's not like its something she would do on a normal so I don't see your argument. But that doesn't mean I don't see lies. This has nothing to so with album 8 and does not reflect the sound of it. She said herself this was for her kids and her album won't be like this at all

I know. I edited my post after you quoted too, I'm sure her album will be much better. Hopefully some great bops like FF.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I know. I edited my post after you quoted too, I'm sure her album will be much better. Hopefully some great bops like FF.

Now the most important part is why is your avatar with that white cumstain background on my black theme?

Kyon

Banned
There is a rumor (most likely possibly true)
That a duet/collab is being proposed to Rihanna and Britney. Last time this was a rumor everyone debunked it and said fake and S&M #Majah RiHmix came out. So all I gotta say on that is I'm perched. If it doesn't happen then we'll forget about it anyway.

Also if it does happen this would be a proper song made for both and not just Britney doing the same verses as Rih lol. And original duet would mean a single and video so.... Let me not get too excited in case it doesn't happen cause girl..

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I think a Brit and Katy collab would work better but I'm here from more brit no matter who with tbh

Matt_

It went number 1 though, and that performance was life giving

DMeisterJ

Banned
There is a rumor (most likely possibly true)
That a duet/collab is being proposed to Rihanna and Britney. Last time this was a rumor everyone debunked it and said fake and S&M #Majah RiHmix came out. So all I gotta say on that is I'm perched. If it doesn't happen then we'll forget about it anyway.

Also if it does happen this would be a proper song made for both and not just Britney doing the same verses as Rih lol. And original duet would mean a single and video so.... Let me not get too excited in case it doesn't happen cause girl..

Let me not get excited.

All that power on one single, the combined stanbase power. It really needs to properly happen.

Majmun

Brit and Rih should slay. But I'd personally be more hyped for a new Beysus and Godga collab.

Talent and performance power. When will other collabs?

In before Mumei's "Mariah and Whitney"

Mumei

WaiT, I didn't notice that Mumei called Kelly a flawed singer. Fuming rn. My Queen is anything but flawed. Christina and Adele I agree with, though. Christina is only good for her looks lately, and Adele post throat surgery is the very definition of basic. And, for a receipt as to why my fave Kelly is flawless...

But Kelly is a flawed singer. She does not have a lower register, which was glaringly obvious when she decided to raise the key on Without You - and then ended up struggling on the upper belts and the lows. She has a good belting register, but she tends to scream above G#5. Even there she does not have production as good as Mariah or Whitney. She has one of the most mediocre whistles this side of Shanice Wilson. Oh, and she also has occasional pitch problems.

And you linked to a performance where her voice was shaky and uneven.

I think Kelly is solid enough when she's singing around C4 - G5 and she isn't pushing too loud for her voice, but she's not flawless.

Matt_

AZEALIA BANKS ‏@AZEALIABANKS 12m
Dope collabs, new producers, new songs, new artwork NEW NEW NEW

AZEALIA BANKS ‏@AZEALIABANKS 7m
But for real it took a little longer for the songs to gestate...

AZEALIA BANKS ‏@AZEALIABANKS 6m
I started writing right after 'Fantasea' , then had a huge heartbreak that really held me back.

AZEALIA BANKS ‏@AZEALIABANKS 6m
The heartbreak held me back but Also had a HUGE impact on my creativity

AZEALIA BANKS ‏@AZEALIABANKS 5m
Seriously cannot wait for you guys to hear these new songs.

AZEALIA BANKS ‏@AZEALIABANKS 5m
80% RT @brunobocutti: @AZEALIABANKS From 0 to 100%, how done is the album?

Kinda explains why she is taking so long but at least she is nearly finished
She seems happy with ha work so I expect something damn brilliant

But Kelly is a flawed singer. She does not have a lower register, which was glaringly obvious when she decided to raise the key on Without You - and then ended up struggling on the upper belts and the lows. She has a good belting register, but she tends to scream above G#5. Even there she does not have production as good as Mariah or Whitney. She has one of the most mediocre whistles this side of Shanice Wilson. Oh, and she also has occasional pitch problems.

And you linked to a performance where her voice was shaky and uneven.

I think Kelly is solid enough when she's singing around C4 - G5 and she isn't pushing too loud for her voice, but she's not flawless.
I agree about her tending to scream from time to time. I never got all technical with voices so I can't debate you on that stuff. In pains me to say it, but I know she isn't flawless. I was just trying my best to stick up for my fave, and I failed. All that matters to me really is that she makes songs I like to listen to, and she has a nice personality. I've loved her since Idol, and I'll love her forever.

I'm curious, is there are a current artist who can live up to Mariah or Whitney?

Bladenic

I agree about her tending to scream from time to time. I never got all technical with voices so I can't debate you on that stuff. In pains me to say it, but I know she isn't flawless. I was just trying my best to stick up for my fave, and I failed. All that matters to me really is that she makes songs I like to listen to, and she has a nice personality. I've loved her since Idol, and I'll love her forever.

I'm curious, is there are a current artist who can live up to Mariah or Whitney?

Don't sweat it. She's still one of the best pop female voices in modern music, so her not being perfect is a small sleight against her.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Björk has always struck me as a very good singer but I don't know about her 'technical' skill or whatever.

... Beyonce? She's as close as it comes vocally.

Oh, and Christina isn't close in studio or out of it. She sounds cool because she was in better voice and with a bit of studio reverb, processing, and multiple takes she can get acceptable upper belts. But this is strained as all hell, however cool it sounds.
Oh, he meant just vocally? Not that I feel guilty about overlooking the context of this little exchange (it's basically my specialty), but of course Beyonce then.

Vocals aside, though, she'll have to make an album I actually start-to-finish USE before I rank her up there with Slayona/Anorexilera, let alone Nippy/Mimi.

She's going to have to learn how to try less.

Mumei

Oh, he meant just vocally? Not that I feel guilty about overlooking the context of this little exchange (it's basically my specialty), but of course Beyonce then.

Vocals aside, though, she'll have to make an album I actually start-to-finish USE before I rank her up there with Slayona/Anorexilera, let alone Nippy/Mimi.

She's going to have to learn how to try less.

That was how I interpreted it given what we were talking about, yes. If you were talking about your own usability rankings I'm not going to quibble. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom