• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
Because if you don't she'll cut off your dick with her hair.

patti-labelle-04-450pk101510.jpg

oh my

VjvlV.gif

Ever since she discovered the big voice/little voice terms, she's been feeling extra froggy.
kii

Might I mention, by the way, how absolutely FABULOUS my avatar looks with the official NeoGAF dark theme? Try it today gurls - your retinas will thank you later <3

/promo

Cynosure

Mumei, you're just as stan-crazy as the rest of us. You claim to be the most sane and level headed, but consider that persona broken as of now.

I began to really notice when you said the last belt in Mimi's GMA performance of We Belong Together wasn't lipped.

Mumei, you're just as stan-crazy as the rest of us.
Was there ever any question? Those walls of YouTube links tbh - not like he hid his allegiances.

He articulates his thoughts very well, though. Which is why he comes across as more rational and level-headed than, say, your ratchet, probably gonna be banned tomorrow behind.

royalan

Tried the dark theme for an hour and gave up.

Websites are so unimaginative with their dark themes. Always the same black, dark gray, and orange.

The dark theme has ushered in a new epoch for NeoGAF. :'(

I feel like it's a sign that Beyonce will scalp in her upcoming era.

edit: oh, my avatar looks radioactive

Mumei

Mumei, you're just as stan-crazy as the rest of us. You claim to be the most sane and level headed, but consider that persona broken as of now.

I began to really notice when you said the last belt in Mimi's GMA performance of We Belong Together wasn't lipped.

*shrugs*

I was taken in by the fact that she sang part of the climax differently than she had before; the timing of the phrasing was different from any other performance she had done before, and the final belt didn't have that perfectly rounded, smooth, and frankly out of place quality that her lipped WBT belts had in 2005 - 06. I hadn't considered that she might have prerecorded a new belt instead of just lipping to the studio version like she almost always does.

Was there ever any question? Those walls of YouTube links tbh - not like he hid his allegiances.

He articulates his thoughts very well, though. Which is why he comes across as more rational and level-headed than, say, your ratchet, probably gonna be banned tomorrow behind.

I think that I am more willing to abandon what I thought before about something than some people. There are lots of dumb things I used to think. I used to think that Beyonce was only pretty good. I used to think that Christina could sing. I used to think that Mariah and Whitney had similar size voices. I used to think that Mariah had a big voice. I used to think that Christina had a big voice, too! I used to think that Adele could belt well. I used to think that Patti screamed.

And so forth. I suppose you guys wouldn't notice just because you aren't in my head, but I do feel like I'm level-headed in my willingness to abandon what I thought before as I learn new things.

Mumei

Indeed gworl

My only hope is that I can change your opinion re: Leona's lower register. She's at least a 7/10 now :p

Tell me when you think she's more than just air and she has some body or volume to the note? I say the first F#3 (but not the second) is where she sounds good; E3 is where you first start to hear improvement.

And do please note Whitney's acapella and unamplified lows still clocking her.

royalan

Tell me when you think she's more than just air and she has some body or volume to the note? I say the first F#3 (but not the second) is where she sounds good; E3 is where you first start to hear improvement.

And do please note Whitney's acapella and unamplified lows still clocking her.

Since you're around.

I was going to respond directly to your response to my Christina post the other day, but I found that I agreed with pretty much everything you said. There wasn't really any contention in the things that make vocals deteriorate over time. I just disagreed with your conclusion that vocal damage resulting from poor technique being the main factor in Christina's most recent performances.

I mean, for example, listen to these clips of Christina rehearsing with her The Voice team. Most of them are from within the past year.

Sure, probably not going to change your opinion of The Queen, but in most of those clips she is clear, on pitch, spontaneous, and not struggling to the degree that she does when singing live in a performance. I know you're not impressed by the E5 clip, but that doesn't change the fact that she was able to belt it, and even sustain it.

So, when I hear Christina in these clips, and then hear Christina struggling to sing something as basic as the chorus to Feel This Moment, it seems more obvious to me that I'm listening to a singer who hasn't really gone through the process of making herself "performance ready" (mic checks, rehearsals, proper and regular vocal exercises), as opposed to a singer who's suffering from such extensive vocal damage that the majority of her range has been obliterated. She's just not there yet.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Why does the dark theme make your quoted posts a manky ass green tho

Also when is the who quoted me feature coming back?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I can't that editing posts is still broken though.

Also Black Skinhead remains slaying, shitting on your faves.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Just listened to a two hour megamix of Britney, with plans to move onto ITZ, Blackout then Femme Fatale later

Such a flawless back catalogue. I hope you have paid respects to your faves vocal chords, because they are no longer needed

Kyon

Banned
Kyon!

BRITNEY SPEARS – Ooh La La: 27.447 (+ 3.821)

SHE'S SLAYING with a movie soundtrack! #herpower

Oh my *.*

It flopped the first 2 days on itunes because they made ppl buy an album (the one that and includes Ooh La La and that includes the GRL song) now they put the official single version solo on iTunes for people to buy. It's smashing

Also BTW this single has a big radio deal apparently. Am I the only one seeing ADS of this song everywhere? *.*

Just listened to a two hour megamix of Britney, with plans to move onto ITZ, Blackout then Femme Fatale later

Such a flawless back catalogue. I hope you have paid respects to your faves vocal chords, because they are no longer needed

Bless ;__;

omg slay. I keep streaming it, I think I might actually like it.

VIDEO IS COMING SOON she looks stunning

Cynosure

Mumei said:
Mariah > Kelly, Adele, Christina

Christina, Kelly, and Adele are all more flawed singers.

I think that I am more willing to abandon what I thought before about something than some people. There are lots of dumb things I used to think. I used to think that Christina could sing. I used to think that Mariah had a big voice. I used to think that Christina had a big voice, too!

I do feel like I'm level-headed in my willingness to abandon what I thought before as I learn new things.

imikPXLGDvH3W.gif

isBssTUBarvlI.gif

83 on iTunes

Looks like some payola at work

Christian-Bale-Laughing-at-Awards-Show.gif

I was coming here to just to talk about "Ooh La La", so it's cool that it's the topic of conversation rn. So, yeah, I heard it on the radio today, and it just clicked with me. I was jamming while I was driving. Such a fun and cute song.

Slay Britney, slay!!!

WaiT, I didn't notice that Mumei called Kelly a flawed singer. Fuming rn. My Queen is anything but flawed. Christina and Adele I agree with, though. Christina is only good for her looks lately, and Adele post throat surgery is the very definition of basic. And, for a receipt as to why my fave Kelly is flawless...

Kelly Clarkson - Ave Maria

She slayed. No one else could try. Beyonce probably could, but she would just lip synch it like she did at the inauguration.

Oh, and yeah I <3 the mod EatChildren. That Lady GaGa bubble costume he wore a while back was the very definition of flawless. Mumei still rocks, though, even though we disagree about Kelly. I <3 all of POPGAF, tbh.

Kyon

Banned
83 on iTunes

Looks like some payola at work

#78 actually

It was top 20 with the album/B-Side version alone. Now that they added just the single version it will to reach the top 20 and stay there I hope. Didn't actually expect this to slay.

Only a movie soundtrack song.

Bladenic

Ooh La La is the very definition of basic I'm afraid. She can do better. Not really holding it against her though since it's for an extremely basic and shitty movie.

Kyon

Banned
Ooh La La is the very definition of basic I'm afraid. She can do better.

It's a kids movie soundtrack this will be forgotten. It's not like its something she would do on a normal so I don't see your argument. But that doesn't mean I don't see lies. This has nothing to so with album 8 and does not reflect the sound of it. She said herself this was for her kids and her album won't be like this at all

Koodo

Banned
It flopped the first 2 days on itunes because they made ppl buy an album (the one that and includes Ooh La La and that includes the GRL song) now they put the official single version solo on iTunes for people to buy. It's smashing
Thank fuck. Not even the power of Godknee could compel me to give charity to that flop quintet.

Transaction complete.

ijNgdlAU1fJRk.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom