• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

For those of you who are deep into Animal Crossing: New Leaf, a gift from me to PopGAF.

WKIUh3a.jpg

SToR4e3.jpg

HMttAMZ.jpg

G2Fngta.jpg

Be sure to show your pride for your favourite Pop Artiste and Country!

I

Can't Deeeenyyyyyy

Your Deeesiiiiiiire

Feeeel Liiike I'm ONNN FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
STANDING ON THE SUN

ON YOUTUBE

GO GET IT

THANKS ROB

It's magicallllllllllllllllllllllllll

Where is the link though
or are yotube links to leaks treated the same as links to donwloads?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
WaiT can we get clarification on this point; if its a leak of a song that we have no notion of a release date for or ability to buy, does it still break the rules to link to it?

Trigger

You can post YouTube links. I think this is it? Maybe I'm being a flop, and there's some other full version Soul is referring to? I don't hear the little rap Bey did in concert though. I don't think this is the final version.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
You can post YouTube links. I think this is it? Maybe I'm being a flop, and there's some other full version Soul is referring to? I don't hear the little rap Bey did in concert though. I don't think this is the final version.

Yeh i prefer the live version but it's still a summer smash imo
Need this for my bbqs and sunbathing
lol jk, english weather

Kyon

Banned
Beat is everything vocals are not. Rihanna should take it and put her vocals on it.

Bey aint even putting any emotion in these songs.

cory64

Beat is everything vocals are not. Rihanna should take it and put her vocals on it.

Spill it. Bey's tone is her biggest problem, it's theoretically ideal but comes up empty with certain styles (Sia's).

Yeah, it's the demo that got nabbed by a couple of bloggers alongside Grown Woman, except while the latter leaked early this one was still being hidden. It's missing the rap verses and the vocals I think are being redone, but I'm just happy I have a full version of SOMETHING. Now I can make a fake little album for myself with this and GW. Yayyyyyy.

SATISFIED

Kyon

Banned
Yeah, it's the demo that got nabbed by a couple of bloggers alongside Grown Woman, except while the latter leaked early this one was still being hidden. It's missing the rap verses and the vocals I think are being redone, but I'm just happy I have a full version of SOMETHING. Now I can make a fake little album for myself with this and GW. Yayyyyyy.

SATISFIED

>_>

Trigger

SATISFIED

nnnnn

Bey forcing her stans to make imaginary albums.
Kf5GXK1.gif

She's giving it the emotion the song needs. Standing On The Sun isn't a ballad, it's a chill track.

Sit
on my lap so we can cuddle

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
DeadKnee joke?

Don't worry every time i post i always think of ways ya'll would manipulaTe it into shade.

Still DeadKnee still puts UMPH in her songs nonetheless. The GW demo did the same thing

Sure. Britney gives all her robotic soul into her music #None.
untitled-folder_4.gif

JCX

Sounds catchy. Agree that the music is better than the vocals. Kind of reminds me of Solange's "Losing you"

Trigger

But when is she planning to officially release this song? In the middle of fall
in North America
or wat?

I genuinely think that's what going to happen. She should've released STOS as the first single while she was touring. It's a good summer song.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I actually think the production is off tho tbh. I think the Sia version sounds better at least partially because the vocal melody has a stronger position in the song.

royalan

Words cannot describe....

...How fucking DISAPPOINTING "Standing on the Sun" is.

Was genuinely (GENUINELY) looking forward to this track. I figured if anyone could make Beyonce tolerable to my picky palette, it would The GODDESS, Sia. And, to be fair, the song starts off great. The first verse gives me Bahama realness, and the lead-in to the chorus is everything. I also love how Sia pays attention to the little details when she's working with a producers. I love how there are just random bits of ocean sounds scattered throughout the production (waves crashing, throwing sand). Really drives home the production's Caribbean theme but remains subtle enough to not be obnoxious. I can tell this is part of Sia's contribution to the track, because she does it often in her own music (Gurl, WHERE IS THAT ALBUM!?!?). I also love how the laid-back production in the verses gives way to the relentless POUNDING percussion of the chorus.

But the song just COMPLETELY falls apart after that.

The second first is garbage. It feels lazy and last-minute, and ends so abruptly. It doesn't carry on the spirit of the first verse at all, it just imitates it. In fact, I'm willing to bet any kind of money that the first verse is ALL SIA, and that poor excuse for a second verse is probably Bey's one attempt at a legitimate writing credit. Awful. The song just completely fizzles out at that point.

I agree with what other's have said: Rihanna would have sounded much better on this song. And not just because she's Rihanna, but because I feel like this song really calls for a voice with a naturally exotic affectation. Rihanna may have limited vocals, but she knows how to evoke the waves of the Carribbean Sea with her voice. ANYBODY with that exotic quality would have sounded better (Sia, Rihanna, Nelly Furtado, fucking Shakira). Beyonce doesn't have that natural affectation, and this song proves that she does a piss-poor job even imitating it.

Ugh, after listening to this crap I'm more certain now than ever that the reason we haven't gotten any music from Bey yet is because the label heard it and told her to go back to the drawing board. Seriously, EVERYTHING we've heard has been total shit.

I love it just coz it's Beyonce and I've been needing more of her than ever, but this leak is nowhere near the final version. The live version has like three other instrumental layers and transitions, plus this version (the leak) is way too monotone and boring. The final version will be way more dynamic, which is something this sorely lacks. It needs OOMPH.

royalan said:
The second first is garbage. It feels lazy and last-minute, and ends so abruptly. It doesn't carry on the spirit of the first verse at all, it just imitates it. In fact, I'm willing to bet any kind of money that the first verse is ALL SIA, and that poor excuse for a second verse is probably Bey's one attempt at a legitimate writing credit. Awful. The song just completely fizzles out at that point.

Yeah that second verse is dumb. Why would you have an extended instrumental break right before the verse if you're gonna cut it by half. Silly. The final song will hopefully make more sense of that.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I have to agree with the chorus here. The first verse is fine, the second is vile, the song would have worked SO MUCH BETTER with Rihanna, all stan BS aside. #thatisall #sorrynotsorry #phuckyofave

Bladenic

Yes I want it all so I get it all
I wanna eat the whole cake
I'm not sharing, I'm not sharing
You should have learned bitches love cake

Only the King of Pop Miley CySUS.

I have to agree with the chorus here. The first verse is fine, the second is vile, the song would have worked SO MUCH BETTER with Rihanna, all stan BS aside. #thatisall #sorrynotsorry #phuckyofave

I agree, except Beyonce would probably sell the song better coz she'll pair it with her trademark choreo. The video for this is gonna be DAN-CYYY.

Yado

I blame Sia tbh. Nothing good has ever come from her and I don't know why I expected Beysus' blessing to make a difference.

ibdZDL6tO0C7S1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom