• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
It feels to have been right about Standing on the Sun and Grown Woman all along.

I do think both of them need to be punchier though.

Kyon

Banned
@Kyon

Trollary Duff is teasing again x_x

I can't deal with ha trolling.

ny12.gif

ny12.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Hide your faves, Franz Ferdinand are coming. They've released two new tracks,

Love Illumination:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gWjN1GctWog#at=81

and Right Action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qZa-FHRmoGg

jamming.gif
jamming.gif
jamming.gif

[edit] Oh and there's a thoughtful article about Rihanna in the latest New Statesman:

Rihanna's victim-diva complex

I never thought I’d say this but she makes it look so easy. I came to Twickenham, home of rugby, expecting to see a shell of a woman mouthing to a backing track and operated, like a marionette, by her sponsors. I get a slinky, laconic diva strolling casually through a set that any of the little girls in the audience could pull off, if they practised enough in front of the mirror.

There is dancing but there are no hydraulics or high wires. There are costume changes (Wonder Woman, ballgown, tinfoil “disco” coat) but each outfit is simply the decoration on a set list carefully managed to crank up physical exertion at a reasonable rate, leaving the challenges to the latter half of her show and allowing her to remain – who’d have thought it! – connected to her audience at all times. “My dad, my brothers, my mum and my aunts are right here,” she says. “It’s the first time they have seen me play a stadium. You want to make my mother cry? Say my name after three. One, two, three . . .” 55,000 people scream Rihanna.

She is at her most powerful when she’s singing complete nonsense: “What’s on ma chain” (from “Phresh Out The Runway”) or “Come and put your name on it/it’s not even my birthday” (“Birthday Cake”). At these moments she projects the bizarre, rubbery, cosmic confidence of a megastar and is liberated from any connection with her own life. Famous people cannot be expected to reflect back the ideals we project on to them. Because of the messed up world they inhabit, it’s often the most frivolous things they offer that have the most value. I’m pretty sure that if you asked the girls here tonight, most of them would be able to make the distinction. Fact is, six months ago Rihanna looked like she was losing it, and tonight she is in control.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I'm going to assume that artpop thing turned out to be nothing?

Nemesis_

I'm going to assume that artpop thing turned out to be nothing?

This was probably the worst thing to think would be "something".

It was done in Australia, a WHOLE YEAR AGO.

This was before Gaga injured herself. She doesn't have that kind of foresight.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Of course it did. You expected something?

No not really, thought I'd ask on the off chance though

Still, new Azealia tomorrow, her set best be streamed somewhere

Kyon

Banned
No not really, thought I'd ask on the off chance though

Still, new Azealia tomorrow, her set best be streamed somewhere

One thing you should know before anything with her is : Dont believe her lies.

she's been doing it since before BTW. Thought ppl would've gotten the hint by now

And where is the damn lie? Nowhere tbh

Rihanna is a mediocre vocalist, but she's a vocal chameleon. When I heard her cover of Diamonds, I truly believed that she understood the intent behind the song and delivered it completely. Her rendition of Stay was honest and more than sufficiently emotional. And the rest of that horrid album proves she can effortlessly serve some Bad Bitch tea and Ice Queen realness.

Beyondrepair, on the other hand, clumsily wraps every single piece of shit song she's served around her as of late unlistenable primal growls of the jungle.

What should be a steamy, sensual introductory verse in SOTS becomes, under her astute direction, this weird half self-assured, half frightened declaration of nothingness. When she proclaims "I can do whatever I want" in GW, she sounds like a stubborn toddler begging Tina to let her play with her toys for one more hour.

She's a mess, and deserves all the ~140,000 album sales she's gonna get.

gerls It's time to pack it up and just WALK. AWAY.

iwfBWE7XwPhFg.gif

Hold uppp.

Is this really coming from POP-GAF's premiere Leona Lewis fan? A fave (of one) who has literally and consistently attempted to lift her entire aeshetic, sound, look and technique from the woman you're shading? Let me NOT go in on ha like I easily could because my car door is stuffed with so many RECEIPTS that the IRS itself knows not to come for me.

I'm sure conjuring up that 140,000 number was easy since your muscle memory only permits you to come up with obscenely low sales figures, but I'm going to try and not hold that against you.

If we want to talk about someone whose handle on emotive technique and vocal style is the figurative equivelant to a waitress with Parkinsons Disease, then we can easily bring up Leona Lewis. However it seems easier for people here to discuss Beyonce, a woman who consistently makes all your respective faves seem like Kristen Wiig's character in the SNL skit "The Lawrence Welk Show."

I wish you ALL luck once King Bey finally hits the scene coz she's Land Rovering all you hoes into a flat expired pulp, and it. Will. Be. DELICIOUS.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Hold uppp.

Is this really coming from POP-GAF's premiere Leona Lewis fan? A fave (of one) who has literally and consistently attempted to lift her entire aeshetic, sound, look and technique from the woman you're shading? Let me NOT go in on ha like I easily could because my car door is stuffed with so many RECEIPTS that the IRS itself knows not to come for me.

I'm sure conjuring up that 140,000 number was easy since your muscle memory only permits you to come up with obscenely low sales figures, but I'm going to try and not hold that against you.

If we want to talk about someone whose handle on emotive technique and vocal style is the figurative equivelant to a waitress with Parkinsons Disease, then we can easily bring up Leona Lewis. However it seems easier for people here to discuss Beyonce, a woman who consistently makes all your respective faves seem like Kristen Wiig's character in the SNL skit "The Lawrence Welk Show."

I wish you ALL luck once King Bey finally hits the scene coz she's Land Rovering all you hoes into a flat expired pulp, and it. Will. Be. DELICIOUS.

Hollering
tumblr_m22y1hHU7A1r8d2mio1_400.gif

EDIT: Beyonce a king? She grew a penis overnight?

Hold uppp.

Let these hoes know. BEY STAYS WINNING. And these hoes can STAY MAD.
ibbSjxwGg9i7oB.gif

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/28/westboro-baptist-church-taylor-swift_n_3516005.html

Westboro Baptist Church calls Taylor Swift the "poster child for the young whores of doomed-America".

Swift is known for what sometimes seems like a revolving door of highly publicized romances, and the WBC apparently doesn't look too kindly on all her "fornicating."

"@TaylorSwift13 works her 'girl next door' country-singer shtick, while hopping from one young man to the next and strutting across the world stage like a proud whore," the group wrote in a press release, and went on to criticize the singer's own father, claiming:

"He has no compunction about her immodest vulgar appearance or serial fornication. With a hating hypocrite for a dad – who will jealously guard her income, while not giving a thought for her never-dying soul – no wonder she grew up to be the poster child for the young whores of doomed-america [sic]."

A broken clock is right twice a day, I suppose.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
If you want a hit thread you need to make it about a relevant pop star, or someone people hate. That's why my threads are about Chris Brown. They always make it to page two.
I figured as much, I'm sure the collective was like "who?" when they read the title.

botty

Banned
With Gaga getting a penthouse in NYC and the VMAs being in NYC this year, I guess her entrance will be extra special.

iblYBQlNnLhG3Q.gif

botty

Banned
I guess i'll watch the EBT awards on sunday. Mariah will be messy. Nicki will be messy. Miguel might kill someone. And Justine will be there.

iblYBQlNnLhG3Q.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom