• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majmun

ibfzeY8ncmIELN.gif

ERgCdqY.gif

edit-

Bey's Superbowl halftime show is nominated for 3 Emmy's

Get dat Emmy, Bey
ij3MHmJejocUj.gif

royalan

Y'all are trying really hard to like this basic shit Azealia peddled. Venus is easily one of the stalest tracks she's ever made.

I sense another Warrior reaction coming. Collecting receipts noW.

Bladenic

Y'all are trying really hard to like this basic shit Azealia peddled. Venus is easily one of the stalest tracks she's ever made.

I sense another Warrior reaction coming. Collecting receipts noW.

Idk about Warrior, but I really like Venus, remix and original. And I haven't really liked anything of hers in a long time (Yung Rapunxel was good but I didn't like as much as this).

Touchdown

Banned
Was just flipping through the channels and went past the weather channel when i was like WaiT.. I go back and playing behind the local forecast is Someday

And now I'm just like.... Today is gonna be a good day.

tumblr_m59gi1fis41qmbvtno2_500.gif

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
favs

#katebush
#toriamos
#ladygaga

im sorry you were speaking?

Banks' french accent in Venus is so bad, but I love how ridiculous it sounds. song is pretty good, only the chorus where she doesn't sing and its just a Swedish house maffia esque instrumental is a little disappointing. but everything leading up to that is fantastic.

I also tried that alunaGeorge album people are raving about. not bad at all, but I think it's not my music taste. it feels like a modern take on the r&b from the nineties, and ive never liked that. Superstar I'd cute though.

I can't get over how hard Robin Thicke is slaying radio. He is currently in the top 5 radio hits of all time when it comes to peak audiences, and he is still getting 3-4 million updates.

Considering that all the other song in the top 10 came from the era in the mid 00's when Urban radio was vastly oversampled it is even more impressive. In all likelihood this is the largest radio hit of all time, beating out Mariah's We Belong Together. It should be close peak wise..... and Mariah benefited greatly from inflation back in the day.

Who woulda thought?

Trigger

Oh, happy b-day Chris. I hope you get lots of dick pussy.
EK9qXBy.gif

I can't get over how hard Robin Thicke is slaying radio. He is currently in the top 5 radio hits of all time when it comes to peak audiences, and he is still getting 3-4 million updates.

Considering that all the other song in the top 10 came from the era in the mid 00's when Urban radio was vastly oversampled it is even more impressive. In all likelihood this is the largest radio hit of all time, beating out Mariah's We Belong Together. It should be close peak wise..... and Mariah benefited greatly from inflation back in the day.

Who woulda thought?

I'm surprised to hear this. lol, I knew he was doing well, but not that well. I imagine this will be his only hit from that album so he might as well slay while he has the chance.

botty

Banned

Who woulda thought?

Welcome back

And what exactly is the break down of the song's success? Is Youtube/streaming influencing this...or are we talking strictly radio?

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Bank's Venus highlights the main issue I have with some of these dance songs and that is they let the drop take center stage in their song without them having any word through it. I know sometimes its unavoidable since the song belongs to a DJ like with Avicii's Wake Me Up or most of Calvin Harris' songs where they want to show that they are able to rehash the same drop we have been hearing for the past 2 years while adding their signature sound. Its probably why I like Clarity so much and that is because Foxes puts her chorus through the breakdown while it also incorporates chanting, its not just electronic bells and whistles for 30 seconds

Welcome back

And what exactly is the break down of the song's success? Is Youtube/streaming influencing this...or are we talking strictly radio?

Thanks!

Strictly radio. Though it is dominating the sales charts as well, and I wouldn't be surprised if it is among the best selling songs of all time as well when all is said and done. It has already blown past 3 million and is still pulling 300-400k a week.

Here is the top 10 of all time as of the 17th. Robin has added about 10 million since then.

Peak Audience, Title, Artist, Peak Date
212.1 million, "We Belong Together," Mariah Carey, July 9, 2005
196.3 million, "Irreplaceable," Beyonce, Jan. 20, 2007
192.5 million, "No One," Alicia Keys, Dec. 22, 2007
189.6 million, "Let Me Love You," Mario, Feb. 5, 2005
179 million, "Blurred Lines," Robin Thicke featuring Pharrell & T.I.
175.6 million, "Gold Digger," Kanye West featuring Jamie Foxx, Oct. 22, 2005
172.8 million, "Yeah!," Usher featuring Lil Jon & Ludacris, April 17, 2004
172.3 million, "My Boo," Usher and Alicia Keys, Nov. 20, 2004
171.4 million, "Be Without You," Mary J. Blige, April 1, 2006
170.2 million, "In Da Club," 50 Cent, March 29, 2003

botty

Banned
Thanks!

Strictly radio. Though it is dominating the sales charts as well, and I wouldn't be surprised if it is among the best selling songs of all time as well when all is said and done.

Here is the top 10 of all time as of the 17th. Robin has added about 10 million since then.

Peak Audience, Title, Artist, Peak Date
212.1 million, "We Belong Together," Mariah Carey, July 9, 2005
196.3 million, "Irreplaceable," Beyonce, Jan. 20, 2007
192.5 million, "No One," Alicia Keys, Dec. 22, 2007
189.6 million, "Let Me Love You," Mario, Feb. 5, 2005
179 million, "Blurred Lines," Robin Thicke featuring Pharrell & T.I.
175.6 million, "Gold Digger," Kanye West featuring Jamie Foxx, Oct. 22, 2005
172.8 million, "Yeah!," Usher featuring Lil Jon & Ludacris, April 17, 2004
172.3 million, "My Boo," Usher and Alicia Keys, Nov. 20, 2004
171.4 million, "Be Without You," Mary J. Blige, April 1, 2006
170.2 million, "In Da Club," 50 Cent, March 29, 2003

Oh wow! The strangest thing about this is that the song had been out for so long before it actually picked up traction, and now it's like unstoppable!

Poor Mariah :-/

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
While bopping to it, I kind of felt like a Madonna stan listening to a Gaga track.

one song out of 40ish is accused of having a similar sound to the hag's and now apparently all of them do?
Your weak attempts to carry on this 2011 shade is coming off as desperate as Mariah's attempts to have a hit lead single before releasing a new album

i8URqa69H8sFq.gif

botty

Banned
one song out of 40ish is accused of having a similar sound to the hag's and now apparently all of them do?
Your weak attempts to carry on this 2011 shade is coming off as desperate as Mariah's attempts to have a hit lead single before releasing a new album

i8URqa69H8sFq.gif

I wasn't even coming for Gaga. I was just talking about the insecurity a stan of an older act might feel when they hear the music of someone who people claim is "replacing" their fave in the industry. I know that the imminent ARTPOP single has you froggy, but at least wait till August before you start jumping.

iqcSPUfUQSmhf.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom