• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

I don't typically care for or promote metacritic, but I thought this was hilarious:

blgxre8.png

I actually haven't listened to the album, but let me have a listen and see if these reviewers are full of shit.

After the criticism Robin caught for his Blurred Lines video, I wouldn't put it past reviewers to have a chip on their shoulder. And we already know those same reviewers are lining up to floss their teeth with Justin's still-attached pubes and shower him with praise for "bringing back R&B" regardless of what his next album actually sounds like.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I heard Robin Thicke album and while its not great its usable. I would think I 6.5 out of 10 or a 3 out 5.

EDIT: Cant believe Vengaboys are still alive.

Hot Hot Hot

Bladenic

Well that's only based on 4 critics, so I guess it could go up. Usually though when any form of media receives terrible scores at the beginning they don't go up later lol

Maybe him trying to do something with wider appeal backfired. Or maybe critics are dumb? Idk. I can't with Justin having a 75 though. I don't HATE 20/20 like most of you here. However, neither do I worship it like critics and OT Gaf seem to.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Oh hush. I expect his score to be higher when all is said and done.

Besides, Robinson OVERALL score is equal to It's, or higher, last I checked.

Not that it matters to me, but it does to you.

AsE9qwh.png

vlX4dZT.png

I have no statement to make at the present time.
8f70c6ea.gif

[edit]Although of course Blurred Lines' current score lowers his average.

I actually haven't listened to the album, but let me have a listen and see if these reviewers are full of shit.

After the criticism Robin caught for his Blurred Lines video, I wouldn't put it past reviewers to have a chip on their shoulder.

Blurred Lines, the song, is all kinds of shitty though.

And we already know those same reviewers are lining up to floss their teeth with Justin's still-attached pubes and shower him with praise for "bringing back R&B" regardless of what his next album actually sounds like.
Can you articulate your issue with Justin without bringing up how everyone else feels about him. I get the feeling that you wouldn't have much issue if Christina got the same amount of praise. I don't find what Christina and Justin do to be all that dissimilar. Elucidate, please.

Blurred Linea has two out of ten tracks that I use ("Ooo La La" and "Give It 2 U"). 20/20 has four out of ten tracks that I use ("Don't Hold The Wall", "Strawberry Bubblegum", "Tunnel Vision" and "Let The Groove Get In").

By numbers alone, Metacritic is sort of on the mark...

robin-thicke-bitch-slap.gif

tbh

Blurred Linea has two out of ten tracks that I use ("Ooo La La" and "Give It 2 U"). 20/20 has four out of ten tracks that I use ("Don't Hold The Wall", "Strawberry Bubblegum", "Tunnel Vision" and "Let The Groove Get In").

By numbers alone, Metacritic is sort of on the mark...

robin-thicke-bitch-slap.gif

tbh

Spaceship Coupe never gets any love. :(

Nemesis_

I listened to half of Blurred Lines in the car today and I wish Robin Thicke would stop talking about his dick, it's beyond tiresome and it's becoming ALMOST what I chastise JT for - pretending you're some sexy cunt when you're just some tired old married man.

People say there's an element of sexism when you criticise Madonna for doing the things she does at her age but people still do it for JT and RT.

I guess it's just age-ism then ;_;

Nemesis_

The OT thread is filled with delusions of grandeur calling him the KING OF POP and denouncing almost anyone and everyone else as trashy, overproduced pop singers who "don't sing".

The stan base overstating what 20/20 was is half the problem tbh

botty

Banned
Stefan™;72350011 said:
23. Taylor Swift - Everything Has Changed (Remix) [feat. Ed Sheeran]

Not a remix about to enter top 20.
lmao.gif

Is The Lord attending the VMAs?

I want more iconic gifs from ha.

Leona rejects so many sure-things that the songs are just gonna start rejecting her. lol

EDIT: Wait, is that Snooki in the new banner? Not computing

Bladenic

Leona rejects so many sure-things that the songs are just gonna start rejecting her. lol

EDIT: Wait, is that Snooki in the new banner? Not computing

It's King Tulisa, peasant. Repent and bow down before her, else you shall be smitten by the True Lord (TM), her power.

Yado

you are already doing this before the big guns release anything?

My expectations are really low. I'm hoping that Gaga's album isn't as preachy and pretentious as BTW, Beyonce hasn't even started and even then the music I've heard from her hasn't been that impressive. I'm not interested in the other girls.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I see OD peaking in another couple of albums but until then they're the top boy band in town so that wave they're riding still has a long way to go before fizzing out.

mhmm I remember some certain people saying they werent going to be relevant this time last year even though it was their fave who met that fate

ibm355ywxKmMEl.gif

I sang Fashion Of His Love at karaoke yesterday and fucking NAILED it.

I was channeling pure 90s Whitney realness all over it. The song never clicked with me before but after yesterday I've been blasting it in my car a lot today.

I'M GONNA BE HIS FIRST AND LAST KIIIIIISSSSS
COZ HONEY I WAS BORN TO BE HIIIISSSSS!!

I sang Fashion Of His Love at karaoke yesterday and fucking NAILED it.

I was channeling pure 90s Whitney realness all over it. The song never clicked with me before but after yesterday I've been blasting it in my car a lot today.

I'M GONNA BE HIS FIRST AND LAST KIIIIIISSSSS
COZ HONEY I WAS BORN TO BE HIIIISSSSS!!

rihanna-whos-that.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom