• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majmun

Almost willing to bet that Beyonce won't release her album until March or something. Very bizzare to have not heard anything about it at this point.

It'll be a Gaga-Katy showdown, with Britney right behind.

And Rihanna mingled in between.

Bey is touring until 20th dec this year. Album release around march 2014 seems plausible. Followed by a new WW tour maybe.

Almost willing to bet that Beyonce won't release her album until March or something. Very bizzare to have not heard anything about it at this point.

It'll be a Gaga-Katy showdown, with Britney right behind.

Do folks even consider Bey to be pop? I guess trash like Love on Flop, or Crapdown are poppy... no?

Kyon

Banned
Seriously? You're being as vacant as your fave:

Saying it's "ignored" implies that nobody bought it, since it certainly wasn't ignored by critics. That's an implication if I'd ever seen one sis.

It really doesn't. You are trying to make things out to be more than they are. The post was shade period. It wasnt about sales or critical reception. It was about Beyonce being local. Dis-fucking-missed

Not you asking the Beyhive to read and comprehend.

iTGGibbkWXEl4.gif

My mistake forgot they can't READ.

Not a Xtina stan trying to drag someone during an album sales discussion.

Even then Xtina still has a Global hit and a Latin American smash rn

iYPweVt3Heo3y.gif

Poor BeyoWolf can't even win against the Legend

SaintZ

Here's To Never Growing Up reached platinum status in the US.
67d90ee8r9utw.gif

My fave can still be called a million seller on her own. Ready for Rock N Roll to slay.

celebrationvrk18.gif

Majmun

Even then Xtina still has a Global hit and a Latin American smash rn

Poor BeyoWolf can't even win against the Legend

Bey has a sold out World Wide tour that's spanning 100 dates and reaching every continent (except for Africa)

Come back to me after Xtina or Brit have pulled the same off nowadays

Kyon

Banned
Bey has a sold out World Wide tour that's spanning 100 dates and reaching every continent (except for Africa)

Come back to me after Xtina or Brit have pulled the same off nowadays

An EMBARRASSMENT is what eBey is. Tour receipts are the only thing you have LEFT.

Also while we're at it even then eBey will NEVER sell as many records as BriTina.

iTGGibbkWXEl4.gif

Wikipedia says Beyonce sold over 75 million solo, while Christina sold over 50. *shrug*

How do they get these numbers anyway?

Records are singles and albums sold together.

The fact that we need to EXPLAIN is just... mess

Oh and eBey still hasn't sold more albums

iTGGibbkWXEl4.gif

SaintZ

Congrats to ha! Not everyone can sell a million while barely cracking the top 20.
Yes
8zdxcqdurg.gif
She has always been a slow seller but it's nice to see the GP is here for her. Radio is her biggest enemy tho, she has never been big there (even with Girlfriend). Rock N Roll sounds more radio friendly and I hope it smashes
8zdxcqdurg.gif

Yado

An EMBARRASSMENT is what eBey is. Tour receipts are the only thing you have LEFT.

Also while we're at it even then eBey will NEVER sell as many records as BriTina.

iTGGibbkWXEl4.gif

What's wrong with tour receipts? aren't they a testament to an artist's relevance?

Kyon

Banned
What's wrong with tour receipts? aren't they a testament to an artist's relevance?

Nothing is wrong with Tour Receipts. But when you're an ACTIVE artist and that's all you got left then that's EMBARRASSING. Madonna is a Legend but she isn't relevant anymore. She has her tour receipts. She has nothing else to PROVE. Prince has........... I think Tour receipts if he still does that even...

You get the POINT now?

tumblr_inline_mmtczeKHfr1qz4rgp.gif

iTGGibbkWXEl4.gif

An embarrassment... lol.

I love that you're downplaying the value of a touring artist. Paying 99 cents for a song on iTunes to listen to forever versus paying 100+ bucks to listen to someone for 2 hours is a very telling contrast. You putting less value on someone who's selling out concert tours is so silly because there's hardly anything more relevant to someone's SUCCESS than how well they hold up on the road. Furthermore, there's hardly anything that proves someone's RELEVANCE more than how well they hold up on the road. WHY? Because people are paying 100x the money (at least) to access their fave versus doing so on an iTunes chart.

Furthermore, if your metric for someone's success is how much money they're making, then guess what, you're making eternally more money on tour than you are releasing singles. I'm so over this idea that we're suddenly dismissing tour receipts as if they're not on the same level as iTunes receipts. As far as I'm seeing, they're higher.

As long as an artist wants to be seen in the flesh by people willing to pay a crapload of money for, he/she is fucking relevant. So let's stop.

Records are singles and albums sold together.

The fact that we need to EXPLAIN is just... mess

Oh and eBey still hasn't sold more albums
Why are you lashing out at everyone? So nasty.

An embarrassment... lol.

I love that you're downplaying the value of a touring artist. Paying 99 cents for a song on iTunes to listen to forever versus paying 100+ bucks to listen to someone for 2 hours is a very telling contrast. You putting less value on someone who's selling out concert tours is so silly because there's hardly anything more relevant to someone's SUCCESS than how well they hold up on the road. Furthermore, there's hardly anything that proves someone's RELEVANCE more than how well they hold up on the road. WHY? Because people are paying 100x the money (at least) to access their fave versus doing so on an iTunes chart.

Furthermore, if your metric for someone's success is how much money they're making, then guess what, you're making eternally more money on tour than you are releasing singles. I'm so over this idea that we're suddenly dismissing tour receipts as if they're not on the same level as iTunes receipts. As far as I'm seeing, they're higher.

As long as an artist wants to be seen in the flesh by people willing to pay a crapload of money for, he/she is fucking relevant. So let's stop.
Gather them.

Majmun

Not you inflating her album count, like the beyhive inflates Beyonce's album sales.

According to Wikipedia:

Christina Aguilera
Mi Reflejo
My Kind of Christmas
Stripped
Back to Basics
Keeps Gettin' Better: A Decade of Hits
Bionic
Burlesque
Lotus

Kyon

Banned
Bey also snatched BriTina's sales wig during their peak

Bey has the sales receipts, the tour receipts, the wealth receipts, the critical acclaim receipts.

BriTina are local bar artists in comparison, tbh.

Goodbye @ this stupid ass receipt.

Those are for CERTIFICATIONS not actual RECORD SALES TOTAL.

Those count ringtone certifications which was a big percentage of her certifications tally.

http://www.riaa.com/newsitem.php?id=C91C40E1-A65A-0F81-EBB3-8FE3B7C0ECEA

Guess eBey should put Irreplaceable up for a discount on ringtones since that's her most successful song. BDay yet again shows its relevance and Power.

ibaWzAYn12ICUD.gif

royalan

Reposted from the "Beyonce got her wig straight-up SNATCHED by a fan" thread because it's relevant to the current discussion.

I have to drive past this monstrosity every morning
ibaqrqMkFrIrjP.jpg

Breakin my heart. Why Beyonce, why?

This explains it.

I was really bored the other day, so on a whim I decided to pull up PepsiCo's Q1 results for 2013. The results were interesting. This part in particular:

In the other, 35% of the LRB category that’s CSDs, about 17 points are made up of colas and about 18 points are made up of flavored CSDs. Within flavored CSDs, Mountain Dew continues to perform well significantly outperforming the overall CSD category and gaining four-tenth of a share point in the quarter bolstered by the launch of Kickstart, and the momentum of Kickstart continued into April. However, the cola category continues to be a challenge. We took pricing in this declining category and continued to invest in R&D to break some of the compromises that caused consumers to leave the cola category. While this work progresses, we are managing the business responsibly and profitably. We are supporting Pepsi with package and product innovation to drive price realization and investing appropriately in A&M.

TL;DR: Carbonated beverages is the only category in which PepsiCo has been under-performing. In fact, performance in that category in on steady decline, with consumers actively fleeing pepsi cola beverages. What could explain this, especially when the company is doing so well in other categories?

ibaqrqMkFrIrjP.jpg

Pepsi, you know what needs to be done.

Reposted from the "Beyonce got her wig straight-up SNATCHED by a fan" thread because it's relevant to the current discussion.

This explains it.

I was really bored the other day, so on a whim I decided to pull up PepsiCo's Q1 results for 2013. The results were interesting. This part in particular:

TL;DR: Carbonated beverages is the only category in which PepsiCo has been under-performing. In fact, performance in that category in on steady decline, with consumers actively fleeing pepsi cola beverages. What could explain this, especially when the company is doing so well in other categories?

ibaqrqMkFrIrjP.jpg

Pepsi, you know what needs to be done.
Just as ridiculous here as it was there.

Majmun

An embarrassment... lol.

This reading. Drag it.

Being successful on the road shows off your relevance and makes you filthy rich.

"Bu bu bu bu I don't care that the world cares for the shows she's doing and that she's making tens of millions of dollars off of of them. Het itunes position is more important!!!!"

Sounds pathetic tbh

botty

Banned
Can a beyonce stan show me some recents of Bey selling out shows recently?

iof521YBfrN3M.gif

According to Wikipedia:

Christina Aguilera
Mi Reflejo
My Kind of Christmas
Stripped
Back to Basics

Keeps Gettin' Better: A Decade of Hits
Bionic
Burlesque
Lotus

Oh I was only counting the highlighted, but ok.

Kyon

Banned
This reading. Drag it.

Being successful on the road shows your relevance and makes you filthy rich.

"Bu bu bu bu I don't care that the world cares for the shows she's doing and that she's making tens of millions of dollars out of them. Het itunes position is more important!!!!"

Sounds pathetic tbh

iTunes receipts? Hmmm thought we were talking about actual tallied sales charts... Like idk BILLBOARD or seen on MediaTraffic WW Chart?....

Which eBey hasn't graced in how many years now? O

I guess you can LOWER YOUR STANDARDS and bring upiTunes position.... since that's the only other place she might be charting on?

Nope. Even then she can't smash.

It's also cute that I had the RIAA receipt READY to INCINERATE your dumb ass Best Selling Female of the Decade receipt and you downright IGNORED because you know damn well it's a damn lie.

I guess being a millionaire makes EVERYONE devoid of being called FLOPS since that's the only way eBey would shine

tumblr_m79i44atZ61r3ty02o1_250.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Honestly, the level of RATCHET MESS in this thread has increased ten fold recently
I can only assume it's Gaga's imminent return that has been driving you all crazy

Stay classy popgaf

iWbeBOtJJtev9.gif

Majmun

It's also cute that I had the RIAA receipt READY to INCINERATE your dumb ass Best Selling Female of the Decade receipt and you downright IGNORED because you know damn well it's a damn lie.

That receipt is real and you know it. But you can keep your head in the sand and try to ignore it.

A big part of last decade was dominated by ringtone sales because itunes wasn't huge back then as it is right now. And let me tell you that a ringtone did cost more than $0,99 back then.

So no, you can't dismiss the ringtone numbers because those are sales also. Bey dominated last decade in sales. You can't spin that.

iTunes receipts? Hmmm thought we were talking about actual tallied sales charts... Like idk BILLBOARD or seen on MediaTraffic WW Chart?....

Which eBey hasn't graced in how many years now? O

I guess you can LOWER YOUR STANDARDS and bring upiTunes position.... since that's the only other place she might be charting on?

Nope. Even then she can't smash.

I guess being a millionaire makes EVERYONE devoid of being called FLOPS since that's the only way eBey would shine

Why are you so mad, though?

Trigger

Honestly, the level of RATCHET MESS in this thread has increased ten fold recently
I can only assume it's Gaga's imminent return that has been driving you all crazy

Stay classy popgaf

ARTPOP will unite us. I said it before. She's going to give us TFM realness and slay.

Kyon

Banned
I keep asking you to look at my avatar and my name. Why won't you?

I can't help but notice that when eBey and the SterileEjaculationHive are dragged to the absolute and utter depths of the Earth you RETREAD back to Prince being your one an only. As a nostalgic local legend act I don't blame you

That receipt is real and you know it. But you can keep your head in the sand and try to ignore it.

A big part of last decade was dominated by ringtone sales because itunes wasn't huge back then as it is right now. And let me tell you that a ringtone did cost more than $0,99 back then.

So no, you can't dismiss the ringtone numbers because those are sales also. Bey dominated last decade in sales. You can't spin that.

ddd @ your lies

iTunes blew up right when BDay released.

Did everyone forget 1Billion Sales reached on iTunes in 06?

It's convenient that you WOULD. It certainly doesn't help your lying points.

botty

Banned
This reading. Drag it.

Being successful on the road shows off your relevance and makes you filthy rich.

"Bu bu bu bu I don't care that the world cares for the shows she's doing and that she's making tens of millions of dollars off of of them. Het itunes position is more important!!!!"

Sounds pathetic tbh

Yes, Touring does make you a ton of money, but it doesn't really show off your "relevance." After all, Bruce Springteen has earned twice as much money from doing less shows than Beyonce on his tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom