• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help but notice that when eBey and the SterileEjaculationHive are dragged to the absolute and utter depths of the Earth you RETREAD back to Prince being your one an only. As a nostalgic local legend act I don't blame you

tumblr_m79i44atZ61r3ty02o1_250.gif

I can't help but notice keep talking up Britney Spears as if a residency in Las Vegas isn't the epitome of nostalgia. Hopefully she doesn't end up a coked up shell of a person like Fat Elvis.

Kyon

Banned
Yes, Touring does make you a ton of money, but it doesn't really show off your "relevance." After all, Bruce Springteen has earned twice as much money from doing less shows than Beyonce on his tour.

Bieber of all people out grossing eBey

Sph!ncter of all LOCAL ACTS out grossing her with her Australia receipts alone

i9MuHgeVOKW3r.gif

I can't help but notice keep talking up Britney Spears as if a residency in Las Vegas isn't the epitome of nostalgia. Hopefully she doesn't end up a coked up shell of a person like Fat Elvis.

I actually haven't used her LV residency as any kind of receipt. Except for reporting it. Neither does the Army for that matter. (Yet*)

All the while Britney will also RELEASE AN ALBUM AND will be doing a WW tour after.

What's funny is Brit has CURRENT AND RECENT HITS to use for her TOUR ACTS unlike eBey and Prince.

a6rCG.gif

royalan

So WAIT

Bieber, P!nk, AND Taylor Swift are out-grossing The Mrs. Rehash Show AND getting radio hits!?!?!?

WHY THE HELL DO THE BEYHIVE KEEP ACTING LIKE HER TOUR RECEIPTS MEAN SHIT THEN?

I legitimately thought she was slaying with her tour, but she's not. She's getting clocked from every which way -- on radio AND on the road.

I actually haven't used her LV residency as any kind of receipt. Except for reporting it. Neither does the Army for that matter. (Yet*)

All the while Britney will also RELEASE AN ALBUM AND will be doing a WW tour after.

What's funny is Brit has CURRENT AND RECENT HITS to use for her TOUR ACTS unlike eBey and Prince.

And what an exciting show that will, no doubt, be.
iNVlVGoG0Dox8.gif

Kyon

Banned
Not Smellie and Lana having more hits than her too.

priceless.gif

So WAIT

Bieber, P!nk, AND Taylor Swift are out-grossing The Mrs. Rehash Show AND getting radio hits!?!?!?

I legitimately thought she was slaying with her tour, but she's not. She's getting clocked from every which way -- on radio AND on the road.

ddd

Biebs is the most hated celeb on the planet right now and out grossed her.

Don't even get me started on St!nk

I am FINISHED.

botty

Banned
So WAIT

Why do you think they beyhiv has been quiet lately about ha tour?

Is it because Rihanna has sold out every show, but Beyonce hasn't?

Who knows.
izWQ9C1Cz9wuq.gif

Trigger

So WAIT

Well she is slaying; just not by our standards. Only in POP-GAF would Bey's recent tour be dragged as a mess.

Majmun

Can you people even read? That list has only listed 36 dates of the Mrs Carter Show, and only 23 shows have been counted up until end of june.

So Bey made 55 mil from 23 shows, while Bieber made 69mln from 54 shows.

Take into account that the Mrs Carter Show has 96 dates now. Ans she just finished her ~50th show a few days ago.
The updated list should look very different.

Isn't it going to debut high, though? Sales + Streaming (+ youtube)?

Yes, but I refuse to get hyped right now.

I got hyped over OWOA and was disappointed. Though BSE will definitely beat out OWOA's peak since the latter was released on Sunday (forfeiting 100k in sales), and the video was released on Wed.

SaintZ

#32 Lana Del Rey - Summertime Sadness for your flop faves
16.910 (+ 0.441)

iCh6XHvL8gJBi.gif
How is this happening tho, that's just all I want to know. The remix is not that good, the video came out a year ago, there's literally 0 promo and radio has never been here for her. I bet Lana doesn't even know about this RIP

botty

Banned
Yes, but I refuse to get hyped right now.

I got hyped over OWOA and was disappointed. Though BSE will definitely beat out OWOA's peak since the latter was released on Sunday (forfeiting 100k in sales), and the video was released on Wed.

OWOA was filth, though. BSE has more hype and the stans are behind it. Plus the video should really keep pushing it along with the sales.

Personally, I think BSE is their best song.

Bladenic

How is this happening tho, that's just all I want to know. The remix is not that good, the video came out a year ago, there's literally 0 promo and radio has never been here for her. I bet Lana doesn't even know about this RIP

Sis... The Cedric remix SLAYS LIVES. It certainly punched my balls out of the game.

OWOA was filth, though. BSE has more hype and the stans are behind it. Plus the video should really keep pushing it along with the sales.

Personally, I think BSE is their best song.

I will probably grow to like it, but I would like their next album to go along different lines.

BSE could go top 5. Sales are unclear at this point, but it should at least match OWOA. It is also ahead in streams. This is on top of the fact that the releases this time around are synced to Billboards calender.

botty

Banned
I will probably grow to like it, but I would like their next album to go along different lines.

BSE could go top 5. Sales are unclear at this point, but it should at least match OWOA, while it is beating it in streams on top of the fact that the releases this time around are synced to Billboards calender.

What does "different lines" even mean? Seems like they have the "young boys swooning teen girls" market held down. Would be risky to switch up from that...unless you're talking about something else.

What does "different lines" even mean? Seems like they have the "young boys swooning teen girls" market held down. Would be risky to switch up from that...unless you're talking about something else.

Just talking about aging up their sound a bit.

Something more radio friendly.

the final numbers were 12.3 M

so unless we have the GP on our side this wont happen
iIbjI3cVP8gfZ.gif

I kind of expect the record to get broken a lot over the next couple of years. So Gaga pulling it off wouldn't surprise me. Video launches are beginning to be major events (or at least more "major" than they used to be).

Majmun

Up until 30th june, 2013:

The Mrs Carter Show Tour - 23 dates, grossed 55 mln

Diamonds World Tour - 47 dates, grossed 50mln

Damn, MCWT is going to gross a gazillion dollars after her 96 dates are over. Coming for that 150mln gross

Cynosure

Can you people even read? That list has only listed 36 dates of the Mrs Carter Show, and only 23 shows have been counted up until end of june.

So Bey made 55 mil from 23 shows, while Bieber made 69mln from 54 shows.

Take into account that the Mrs Carter Show has 96 dates now. Ans she just finished her ~50th show a few days ago.
The updated list should look very different.

iXcsGqq2GzBMJ.gif

botty

Banned

Damn, MCWT is going to gross a gazillion dollars after her 96 dates are over. Coming for that 150mln gross

I didn't want to mention it, but wow.

Can't find any faults with this. Her per event grosses are very impressive.

It's only a matter of time.

One can only hope. Maybe a radio deal for the first week to lock it up?

Also. I know #1 is out of the question for BSE, but I REALLY hope it does not go #2. If it does the irony will be painful since I spent so much time enjoying the fact that Blurred Lines blocked Daft Punk and Miley from #1's.

Bladenic

Oh @ BeyoWolf decapitating Grihendel.

Speaking of Rih, when was Diamonds/Unapologetic announced? I'm starting to wonder if album 8 might actually skip a year.

Majmun

How is Beyonce grossing so much if she's not selling out her North American shows?

That list only counts until june 30th, and her NA leg started on june 28th.

The new updated list should give us more info about the NA performance of the show. She slayed Europe, that's for sure.

Artemisia

Banned
inflated ticket prices. On average her prices are 10+ more than Rihanna's.

I highly doubt this is true, but even if it was, I don't see why it matters, and wish people would stop talking about it. Because Beyoncé is able to charge more and still fill stadiums with these 'inflated' prices, she's really fucking good at making money. And the point of a tour is to make money... isn't it?

Do you run into apple earnings threads and say that the reasons for their high profits are 'inflated product prices'?

ik3talg2of7rcamfy4.gif

I highly doubt this is true, but even if it was, I don't see why it matters, and wish people would stop talking about it. Because Beyoncé is able to charge more and still fill stadiums with these 'inflated' prices, she's really fucking good at making money. And the point of a tour is to make money... isn't it?

Do you run into apple earnings threads and say that the reasons for their high profits are 'inflated product prices'?

ik3talg2of7rcamfy4.gif

Occasionally.

To take the comparison further.

Beyonce = Apple
Rihanna = Samsung
Xtina = Nokia

botty

Banned

ik3talg2of7rcamfy4.gif

The evidence is in the tour receipt I provided earlier. And your comparison isn't apt because when you buy an Apple product, you're getting quality and state of the art pieces built with sweat and blood.

Beyonce is giving his stans recycled material from the two eras ago, along with non-released singles that no one is here for anymore. Definitely inflated when you consider Rihanna dances, sings to a back track, and offers up more new material than Beyonce for a lower price. I would have given Beyonce the "quality" nod if what he was offering didn't past its expiration date a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom