• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Beyonce article is pure PR bullshit.

First off, that Bey tossed 50 tracks means nothing. She always does that. It's part of her process. Fans of Bey know that she always records/accepts a shit ton of demos for her albums. She recorded over 70 tracks for B'day alone. So Beyonce would have been tossing 50 tracks good or bad. So I'm sticking to my earlier tea: the material got tossed because the material was certified wack. End of.

As for Soul-sis' tea. I agree with everything except the role Matthew played in her success. I don't think he was the creative mind at all, and in fact I don't think he and his team are worth shit--as evidenced by the fact that Beyonce remains his ONE successful act out of the dozens he's signed since DC. Besides, it's not like any of her albums have ever been super conceptual or anything (I mean, she's no Christina who, for all her bon bons, exhibits more creative artistry in-studio than Beyonce on her best day and actually CAN put out a concept album, so stay hatin). No, the thing Matthew provided was pressure. If he were her manager still he would have told her ass 6 months ago to put the Popeyes down, pick 15 tracks, and get the goddamn era started already. Matthew applied the pressure that kept her focused.

I agree with this, except I meant creative more in the business sense than in the literal "conceptual aristry" way. Matthew was a great creative director because he saw business opportunities that would lead to number one singles and major headline performances. He was a great conduit in ensuring that her name stayed on the top of the lists, and of course the charts.

Beyonce grew much LESS thirsty for radio hits once she saw that touring was both more ENJOYABLE for her, as well as more PROFITABLE. It's a win-win situation for her, which is why she was so adamant about starting the Mrs. Carter World Tour even though the new material started to lose its priority in her head. She prefers the stage to the studio, and that to me is a mark of artistic maturity.

I see her making albums just so that she gets to perform them live later, rather than making albums to sell singles or to top charts. As long as people pay top dollar to see her shows, she doesn't care how the albums or singles perform. It's petty cash to her.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Gaga getting her nose pierce

not sure where the instrumental is from
ARTPOP?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyMQ6AAzksI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

iSzegn175shF8.gif

Fey

Banned
That beat, I'm in love. This new album better give me a new HML.

Dirty Pony I can't wait to hose you down
You've got to earn your leather in this part of town
Dirty pearls and a patch for all the Rivington Rebels
Let's raise hell in the streets drink beer and get into trouble

It's not from ARTPOP.

royalan

I agree with this, except I meant creative more in the business sense than in the literal "conceptual aristry" way. Matthew was a great creative director because he saw business opportunities that would lead to number one singles and major headline performances. He was a great conduit in ensuring that her name stayed on the top of the lists, and of course the charts.

Beyonce grew much LESS thirsty for radio hits once she saw that touring was both more ENJOYABLE for her, as well as more PROFITABLE. It's a win-win situation for her, which is why she was so adamant about starting the Mrs. Carter World Tour even though the new material started to lose its priority in her head. She prefers the stage to the studio, and that to me is a mark of artistic maturity.

I see her making albums just so that she gets to perform them live later, rather than making albums to sell singles or to top charts. As long as people pay top dollar to see her shows, she doesn't care how the albums or singles perform. It's petty cash to her.

I can agree with this, but then I wish that she would put more work in her actual tours. I know I know but she's Beyoncé she's a diva she doesn't need all that extra shit bla bla bla. Still, there's no denying that the only real excited in a Beyoncé show is the energy SHE brings to it. Which is great I suppose...I just wish everything around it weren't literally the same shit she's been peddling since The Beyoncé Experience.

If she's going to be a touring artist, then she should hook up with Pink's people, or Brit's people, or Madge's people or, the holy grail, Kylie's people, and build a truly EPIC show. She owes her fans that much.

Styles

RED Tour update:

Toronto, Ontario - Rogers Centre - 87,627 / 87,627 - $7,863,310
Winnipeg, Manitoba - Investors Group Field - 33,061 / 33,061 - $3,175,430
Edmonton, Alberta - Rexall Place - 25,663 / 25,663 - $2,379,870
Vancouver, British Columbia - BC Place Stadium - 41,142 / 41,142 - $3,974,410
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Heinz Field - 56,047 / 56,047 - $4,718,518
East Rutherford, New Jersey - Metlife Stadium - 52,399 / 52,399 - $4,670,011
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Lincoln Financial Field - 101,277 / 101,277 - $8,822,335

Shows: 41/72
Attendance: 893,668
Gross: $76,740,478

She sold out several stadium dates in Canada.
67d90ee8.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Stefan™;72699026 said:
RED Tour update:

Toronto, Ontario - Rogers Centre - 87,627 / 87,627 - $7,863,310
Winnipeg, Manitoba - Investors Group Field - 33,061 / 33,061 - $3,175,430
Edmonton, Alberta - Rexall Place - 25,663 / 25,663 - $2,379,870
Vancouver, British Columbia - BC Place Stadium - 41,142 / 41,142 - $3,974,410
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Heinz Field - 56,047 / 56,047 - $4,718,518
East Rutherford, New Jersey - Metlife Stadium - 52,399 / 52,399 - $4,670,011
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Lincoln Financial Field - 101,277 / 101,277 - $8,822,335

Shows: 41/72
Attendance: 893,668
Gross: $76,740,478

She sold out several stadium dates in Canada.
67d90ee8.gif

Oh I missed this. Slay a bit Tay.

Show these legends that you can slay a tour AND put an album out at the same time and have it slay as well. Show their stanbase that you can do two things at once and slay them both and not make excuses for it

royalan

Oh I missed this. Slay a bit Tay.

Show these legends that you can slay a tour AND put an album out at the same time and have it slay as well. Show their stanbase that you can do two things at once and slay them both and not make excuses for it

#OOP not too much DMJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom