• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

Gaga's singles are all iconic except for Meh Meh which I will forever pay dust. I'm not in the right place right now to give them preferential treatment :(

Anyway, for Botty, some updates on everyone's favourite famous-for-being-famous girl

i4mhKhR.jpg

• The new video is directed by Hanna Lux Davis, who did the video for Miss Movin' On and Ciara's recent one I'm Out.
  • A party scene involving 500 glowsticks
  • There will be choreography from those behind the Pussycat Dolls
  • People on set were "raging" which leads me to believe it's a dance track
I'm perched but not expecting much tbh

iKcAJ50dGg8dM.gif

botty

Banned
Yeah^

The song is called "Good Time." It's the same Afrojack dance track that was teased in 2011, I think.

Robin Antin (Pussycat Dolls lady) choreographed it, as confirmed by Paris' tweets from yesterday.

edit:

Paris Hilton ‏@ParisHilton 15m
Good morning everyone! On way to set to shoot my album cover & other photo art work for the release of my new album. #PhotoshootTime #YMCMB

I wish Kyon was here to celebrate with me, but I guess we can't always get what we want in this unfair world.

Majmun

Fuck Kelly
Kill Bey
Marry Michelle. She seems best suited for being a housewife since she's worked as a maid/cook for the Carter's

The Carters have many peasant working for them. Some cook for them, other clean for them and there are even jesters that make money for them.

DMeisterJ

Banned
The Carters have many peasant working for them. Some cook for them, other clean for them and there are even jesters that make money for them.

Yeah and one jester in particular has the queen pressed since it seems like more people care for said jester than the actual queen.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Man, I suddenly shifted from Garbage to Chemical Bros. and Fatboy Slim. :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7yHlmFbuCg

Any bands similar to them? Basically crazy industrial techno like hybrid sampling music.

Yeah and one jester in particular has the queen pressed since it seems like more people care for said jester than the actual queen.

Aside from yourself and some randoms in here, not really. Give people the option to buy new material from both and come back to me with results. lol

which is why I kinda wished Bey and Rih released albums at the same time this fall :(

DMeisterJ

Banned
Aside from yourself and some randoms in here, not really. Give people the option to buy new material from both and come back to me with results. lol

which is why I kinda wished Bey and Rih released albums at the same time this fall :(

Bey released 4 four months before TTT and it was outsold by TTT.

The proof is in the tea.

Beyst stans ignoring the 4 era and it's floppage, again. What's new.

Bey released 4 four months before TTT and it was outsold by TTT.

The proof is in the tea.

True, but I want them to release in the same window with the same kind of material and promo push. Like a real showdown *.*

Though I think more comparisons will be made between Rihanna and Gaga than Rihanna and Beyonce. I don't think the general public puts those two together in the same lane. Just like people don't compare Bruno Mars to Justin Timberlake.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Threatened that despite a labral tear of the hip and dramatic reshuffling - Gaga is still able to get her shit together and out out new music.

Ignore the pressed and let them stay mad.

They'll all bow down and get what they deserve soon enough

Nqj08p9.gif

Nemesis_

tbh I am dreading the day when there will be arguments between DMJ and Gaga stans if Rih and Gaga release stuff at the same time ;_;

royalan

Yeah^

The song is called "Good Time." It's the same Afrojack dance track that was teased in 2011, I think.

Robin Antin (Pussycat Dolls lady) choreographed it, as confirmed by Paris' tweets from yesterday.

edit:

I wish Kyon was here to celebrate with me, but I guess we can't always get what we want in this unfair world.
ROBIN ANTIN is choreographing Paris' video?

Video of the Year confirmed.

Say what you want about Robin, but her choreo is ALWAYS fierce, fun and fishy.

Boomkat tried.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Most of the Gaga stans here (save for one) aren't as delusional as the Beyst stans, so there is no need to dread.

Pray tell

ivwVanGbCUSOF.gif

Boomkat tried.

Can Paris dance?

Trigger

Boomkat tried.

Mmmhmm. Paris is taking this new album very seriously. Some actual slayage might ensue.

royalan

But didnt 4 and TTT sell very close to each other WW, and 4 still outsold TTT in the US despite having no smash singles.

But that's not saying much against Rih though.

For better or worse, Rih typically only promotes her albums as much as the singles smash. Once the singles are done, she's on to the next album (remember, it was only a month or so after she released Where Have You Been's video that she started talking about Unapologetic). Rih moves on fast.

Bey, on the other hand, had to promote 4 for two solid years (and counting) to get it to sell what little it has. She's even re-released it.

Rih's album sales are good for how much effort she puts into actually promoting her albums. The same cant be said for Bey, as far as 4 is concerned. Relative to the effort, 4 is a flop.

Bladenic

Oh I'm not saying 4 wasn't a flop. But it's telling that a flop by Beyst's standards is about the usual level of album sales for The Queen of Barbados

botty

Banned
Drew's tea is going to be about Gaga being announced as a performer at the VMAs, isn't it? Not Single news or artwork? =(

Most likely, but this is BIGGER news in my opinion, considering it will mean major promo for the single right after it's released. And with a killer performance a la Paparazzi it could definitely help. Or... it could be another You and I performance.
VjvlV.gif

edit: Also, Justin was confirmed today:

jibbtr.png

royalan

Oh I'm not saying 4 wasn't a flop. But it's telling that a flop by Beyst's standards is about the usual level of album sales for The Queen of Barbados
But this balances out when you consider that Rih releases more singles/albums. She's completed two eras in the amount of time it has taken Bey to fuck up one.

At this point, I think it's safe to say that if Rihanna actually focused on promoting individual albums the way Bey does, her album sales would be a lot higher. But she doesn't. That's not what she does.

Matt_

When did they change the trophy?
What happened to the plain astronaut?

Bladenic

But this balances out when you consider that Rih releases more singles/albums. She's completed two eras in the amount of time it has taken Bey to fuck up one.

At this point, I think it's safe to say that if Rihanna actually focused on promoting individual albums the way Bey does, her album sales would be a lot higher. But she doesn't. That's not what she does.

Maybe. GGGB is still her highest seller and that era lasted a good 2 years.

What happened to the great Hive-#NAVY alliance of 2012? What tore the two empires apart in the first place?

Honestly all the money those two make are going to the same place so we might as well just call a truce and accept that both those ladies are part of the same higher cause. lol

Should I draft up the papers?

Trigger

You can't redeem what hasn't been released yet. The VMAs should be happy to have the Queen.

What happened to the great Hive-#NAVY alliance of 2012? What tore the two empires apart in the first place?

Honestly all the money those two make are going to the same place so we might as well just call a truce and accept that both those ladies are part of the same higher cause. lol

Should I draft up the papers?

It's only you and DMJ tbh. Beysus has no issue with Rih. I don't have an issue with Bey. You two need to sing some drunk karaoke together.

Matt_

The ratings should be high this year.
ny12.gif

New katy, new gaga, JT
Getting actual stars to perform rather than hews should do them wonders

Now add Bey, a bit of selena to promote her new album, Miley for whatever she wants to do and Kanye/Jay Z to do whatever and they have themselves a hit.

edit; Oh and 1d? will this new song still be current enough?

Majmun

Beyoncé announced that she's going to do a stadium gig in Colombia.

jLLbQWzmMgKnY.jpg

Two scheduled football matches have been moved to allow time for the production and infrastructure to be put in place

Her global power
iUdveQSHRTalF.gif

Most likely, but this is BIGGER news in my opinion, considering it will mean major promo for the single right after it's released. And with a killer performance a la Paparazzi it could definitely help. Or... it could be another You and I performance.
VjvlV.gif

edit: Also, Justin was confirmed today:

jibbtr.png

But why did they change the moonman to Dr. Shrunk?

9BdDjiQ.jpg

Matt_

I expect the song to still be around by the time the VMAs are here, but I don't think they'll be performing at the VMAs.

Oh
I remain unbothered either way
They just need something for the tweens. Probably Taylor + Ed sheeran

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Went back and watched the Paparazzi VMA performance. One of her best ever...truly iconic performance.

Not sure she can top that.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Went back and watched the Paparazzi VMA performance. One of her best ever...truly iconic performance.

Not sure she can top that.

I have to agree. I'm still envious of those who were able to see true ARTPOP in person at that moment. She won't ever top that performance, but she's probably one of the only pop girls who has had such an amazing performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom