• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

Avril cleans up nicely. She has several high fashion photoshoots where she looks stunning.

I just think the whole "punk-raccoon" look she's been sporting for A DECADE is tired and people are over it. I wish she cleaned up. Goodbye Lullaby would've been the perfect moment to do it. Oh well...

SaintZ

Yeah when people behave like vile cunt trolls you are always expecting the worst.

I agree about the racoon look though. Her make up artist is the worst.

In other news... what's wrong with Sky Ferreira?
waq685xu9z.gif
Does she always perform like that?
waq685xu9z.gif

Trigger

Mau ®;73186331 said:
Avril cleans up nicely. She has several high fashion photoshoots where she looks stunning.

I just think the whole "punk-raccoon" look she's been sporting for A DECADE is tired and people are over it. I wish she cleaned up. Goodbye Lullaby would've been the perfect moment to do it. Oh well...

Mmhmm. Avril looks great with less make-up. I wouldn't mind an era where she ditched the heavy eye shadow.

nnnnnnnn

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
If all of your post weren't full of tired shade people might nawt be on the defense. And that's only when people can understand what you're even saying.

inxxPl3sjRnz.gif

When you remove the cactus from your anus I'll give you scalding hot tea but you dont deserve it. Keep trying.

i8EhQF387m9Vi.gif

Bladenic

I think saying that Avril needs to drop the punk/goth/rock-ish teenager look isn't even shade. It's time to grow up and change your style. Although I guess since she's singing the same type of songs she did a decade ago, there's no reason to change style if you're not gonna change the sound.

SaintZ

Wait for it, she's gonna be the new dance queen when glitchy electronic Hello Kitty is released. Also, people like to think that the Under My Skin era didn't happen and her last album was different enough but nobody bought it so I can see why it goes unmentioned.

inxxPl3sjRnz.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
So i've just done my first ever 12hr shift and I'm fucking tired, and I'm up again at six tomorrow to do another 10 hour one but like a LOTUS I shall PERSEVERE and go out tonight and get off my fucking face. That aside...

GAGA IlosarugnlowvEANTGLAWEU;FCA

What a flawless fucking queen. Saw the pic before I went to work this morn and I love it. Just everything utterly slays me, this new era will be miles ahead of btw
I can feel it in my bones
iyrbq.gif

A picture should not make me this happy

Mau ®;73177276 said:
Wait...

When the fuck did SELENA fucking GOMEZ release an album full of BOPS?!

Damn!

Stan
The album is great. I ent even ashamed

So I got a pair of these today
on the advice of a musician friend. And wow! Anyway, after shuffling thru my playlist giving these babies a workout, I happened upon Scheiße. Let me just say that if ARTFLOP can deliver and album full of Scheiße's I will move her from the heavily judged singer/songwriter/instrumentalist category to less harshly judged pretty girl who makes bops category, and possibly stan.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

on the advice of a musician friend. And wow! Anyway, after shuffling thru my playlist giving these babies a workout, I happened upon Scheiße. Let me just say that if ARTFLOP can deliver and album full of Scheiße's I will move her from the heavily judged singer/songwriter/instrumentalist category to less harshly judged pretty girl who makes bops category, and possibly stan.

Oh I was going to bring speakers/headphones up with ya'll a while back and forgot
What does everyone else listen through?

I use these

Not a big fan of the big headphones and these have amazing bass. Don't know how people cope with the original apple earphones
Still need a decent set of speakers/docking station though

edit; oh, and release the inner stan rob. You know you want to

Majmun

01 Outlines OK
02 You Know You Like It GREAT
03 Attracting Flies OK
04 Your Drums, Your Love OK
05 Kaleidoscope Love OK
06 Bad Idea FILLER
07 Diver OK
08 Lost & Found FILLER
09 Best Be Believing FILLER
10 Superstar FILLER
11 Just a Touch OK
12 Body Music OK
13 Friends to Lovers FILLER
14 This Is How We Do It FILLER

royalan

That's the new headphones talking.

I really don't get the love for Scheiße. To me, it's one of the WORST tracks on that album. Her Paparazzi/Bad Romance/Judas structure was well worn out by the time I got to that. I think it was tired even to her, by that point.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
01 Outlines OK
03 Attracting Flies OK
05 Kaleidoscope Love OK
06 Bad Idea FILLER
07 Diver OK
08 Lost & Found FILLER
10 Superstar FILLER
11 Just a Touch OK
12 Body Music OK

What is this flop ranking

Attracting Flies, 'OK'?
Superstar and This Is How We Do It, 'Filler'?

ihTaSFVXJWFpl.gif

Majmun

What is this flop ranking

Attracting Flies, 'OK'?
Superstar and This Is How We Do It, 'Filler'?

I wanted to stan, but the album as a whole is very lackluster and forgettable.

It's not all bad though, because I've discovered Disclosure thanks to AlunaGeorge. And Disclosure's Settle is the real deal.

botty

Banned
01 Outlines OK
03 Attracting Flies OK
05 Kaleidoscope Love OK
06 Bad Idea FILLER
07 Diver OK
08 Lost & Found FILLER
10 Superstar FILLER
11 Just a Touch OK
12 Body Music OK

How do you define filler?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Agreed sheisse is a flop. Edge of glory is the true great on born the wrong way.
I think it's hilarious that basically everyone except the überstans agree that there's only three good tracks on BTW but everyone disagrees about which three they are.

(Americano is the best track on BTW.)

I wanted to stan, but the album as a whole is very lackluster and forgettable.

It's not all bad though, because I've discovered Disclosure thanks to AlunaGeorge. And Disclosure's Settle is the real deal.

Settle does indeed shit and slay lives.
party.gif
party.gif
party.gif
Latch
party.gif
party.gif
party.gif

That's a very slight possibly.
That's the new headphones talking.

I really don't get the love for Scheiße. To me, it's one of the WORST tracks on that album.
IDK, I'd heard Scheiße before I got the headphones tho. There's something about they layout of the song that speaks to me. /shrug.
This Is How We Do It, 'Filler'?
Change it from filler to shit and i'll agree.

Agreed sheisse is a flop. Edge of glory is the true great on born the wrong way.
EOG reminds me of the Robot Unicorn Attack song, thus I can't take it seriously.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
When a song is dramatically worse than the rest of the tracks. I call that filler.

@ godels

Latch is also my fave *.*
The chorus in Latch>>>>>>>>>*

I really want to dance to Latch with someone I love :'(, doubly so after reading this:

On Friday night at Glastonbury after 2 weeks of being apart, me and Tim made sure we were reunited to watch Disclosure play at 9pm. After battling through the 10,000 people who had gridlocked the place we finally found each other.
We watched the set repeatedly looking at each other as the sun set behind us, the sky turned red and the giant LCD screens and coloured cubes by our sides illuminated our faces. We stood hand in hand and without saying much, it became apparent to the both of us how much we had missed one another and just how much we were in love.
The set was incredible. The highlight of my Glasto and little did I know it would soon become one of the most important moments of my life.
Disclosure announced their last song, ‘Latch’ and me and Tim went ape shit as did the thousands of others around us. We danced together and I sang the lyrics to the song at Tim as the lights flashed and the crowd danced around us. As I sang the lyrics at Tim it became very apparent every word Almost seemed as though it had been written for us at that exact moment in time.
As if in some comedy ‘Dirty Dancing’ routine. I pulled Tim close as the lyrics suggested ready to fling him back out and spin him around like a knob when the beat dropped. Only at that point it suddenly dawned on me that I didn’t really want to let go of him.
The moment changed and went from me and him just dancing like twats, to a moment when everythingh seemed to stop and stand still. I did in fact want to latch on to him, and we were defiantly close enough. It was at that point, as we latched onto each other, I couldn’t take my eyes off him. It felt like the perfect time to ask him to stay with me forever. And so I gave him a kiss, made him hold my warm beer and asked him to marry me.
And so I asked him to marry me and he said yes.
I no longer have a boyfriend. I have a fiancé.
He said yes, I cried, everyone around us started to cheer and clap and we suddenly realised what had happened, had actually happened!
It was the perfect.
This is the very performance and the very moment in time that it happened. As the song begins we are just two people in love. By the end of the song we are fiancés and due to be married. I found this video on youtube today and it well and truly pulled on my heart strings.

So faggy. So cute. I'm so jealous.
cry.gif

Change it from filler to shit and i'll agree.
Your opinions are bad and you should feel bad, tbh.

This level of sarcasm is too subtle tbh.

fu2GhUa.gif
No sarcasm at all. Americano, Highway Unicorn, Heavy Metal Lover are the three best tracks from BTW.

I'm really gonna try and make you love ARTPOP. lol

That said, you probably like Scheiße coz everything about it is just kind of lifted off of Madonna, C&C Music Factory and RuPaul. It's like a perfect hybrid of the three. Aside from that FIERCE faux-German hook it's kind of too predictable to me.

How come you don't like Government Hooker or Bloody Mary? I feel like they would speak to your sensibilities, though maybe they're too "theater" for your taste.

And the fact that people say there are only 2 or 3 good songs on that album but nobody can agree on what they are (as Godels said) humors me. Obviously it's a great fucking album whose songs are too diverse to appeal to people in their entirety.

My top 3 though:

1) Edge of Glory
2) Hair
3) Bloody Mary

Damn it though I love Marry The Night. And Americano. And Judas. And You and I. And Fashion Of His Love. And Governement Hooker. OMG and Born This Way...

Okay I'm off to have a listening party. lol

Majmun

The chorus in Latch>>>>>>>>>*

I really want to dance to Latch with someone I love :'(, doubly so after reading this:

So faggy. So cute. I'm so jealous.
cry.gif

Awww, that's so cute ;_;

I screamed a little inside when I heard Second Chance for the first time. It samples Kelis' Get Along With You. That's one of my all time faves.

3phemeral

Bloody Mary with that thumping base is godly on good headphones. I still use Scheiße, Government Hooker, Electric Chapel, Heavy Metal Lover, and the BTW Jost and Naaf Remix. Tracks I need to be in the mood for are Edge of Glory, Hair, BTW, Marry the Night, and Bad Kids. But I absolutely can't stand Fashion of His Love, The Queen, Judas. I used to love Highway Unicorn when I heard the leak from someone recording the track playing in a record store, but don't care for the album version. Can't really decide on Americano.

Matt_

Bloody Mary with that thumping base is godly on good headphones. I still use Scheiße, Government Hooker, Electric Chapel, Heavy Metal Lover, and the BTW Jost and Naaf Remix. Tracks I need to be in the mood for are Edge of Glory, Hair, BTW, Marry the Night, and Bad Kids. But I absolutely can't stand Fashion of His Love, The Queen, Judas. I used to love Highway Unicorn when I heard the leak from someone recording the track playing in a record store, but don't care for the album version. Can't really decide on Americano.

Yas
YAS
YASSSSSS
tumblr_lnn47oEtiw1qdlkgg.gif

Such a good remix.Bad Kids and Electric chapel can go elsewhere though
As Godel said, Americano is amazing. That, Scheisse and Government Hooker are probably my top 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom