• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
idk sis, could you ever deliver this iconography?

i8EhQF387m9Vi.gif

My power!!!
ibkKVv9SvL2yQD.gif

Mumei

I don't know what you guys are seeing in that Gaga picture, but here's hoping the music is a return to form for her.

In more important news, I bought Purple Rain. I haven't listened to it yet.

Mumei

Paging Mumei:

Is it normal for a singer's voice to get weightier with time? Because my gurl ain't hitting dem notes like she used to and I didn't even realize it until the receipts were presented side by side :-(

It is normal, yes. You won't normally see wholesale changes from tenor to baritone or anything, but there's a reason why most, say, heldentenors are men in their forties or fifties, or why Flagstad said that one should not start one's career with Wagnerian roles; one must end with Wagnerian roles. Over time peoples' voices do gain additional weight, yes.

... But this isn't a bad thing. There's a reason why people often consider an opera singer's "prime" to be in their forties, after all. Or listen to how rich Whitney was sounding when her voice was fully developed in 1993, compared to how light she sounded in 1986. There are certainly some notes where she doesn't go for them - that ringing F#5, for instance - but her voice is so much richer than it was before. Or for a less dramatic example, this part of this video showing how Beyoncé's voice has changed - and gotten richer as she's entered her thirties - is also good example. Even Mariah, whose voice is commonly thought to have lost weight actually sounded naturally weightier to me in the mid voice in her 30s - than it did before.

And I also don't see those Leona clips as demonstrating a decline of sorts. It doesn't have quite the same lightness and ping to it, but I prefer the richer quality of the 2013 notes.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Kate Bush's voice has taken on a laaaahvly sonorous resonance as she's aged. Compare Wuthering Heights to Snowflake. And unlike most basic bitches in music she's still got incredible songs in her 40 years later. Your faves never stood a chance.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Kate Bush's voice has taken on a laaaahvly sonorous resonance as she's aged. Compare Wuthering Heights to Snowflake. And unlike most basic bitches in music she's still got incredible songs in her 40 years later. Your faves never stood a chance.

Let's make out and listen to The Dreaming.

Can you imagine what Kesha would sound like in 40 years? guninmouth.gif

SaintZ

Can people imagine Avril Lavigne at her 40s still dressing like a Teenager?

I get Joan teas
Avril dresses like a young woman wtf. If anything this era has been amazinG in the looks department.
avrilredcarpe20tkd3.gif

Besides she looks younger than she really is so I don't see why people give her crap about how she dresses tbh. Also she loves Joan Jett and I don't care if she still dresses the same way in her 40s (she's probably going to look 30 lol)

Now... when it comes to her videos I can't defend her too much
dysupw5buhh.gif

This is probably the more out there thing she's worn ever. The director is the same as Criminal, I Wanna Go... and People Like Us RIP

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Am I even shading Avril tho? I didnt made a black or white statement after it and Joan Jett doesnt look bad for the age she is right now (54) People getting salty when there is not a single drop of shade.
TadkV.gif

botty

Banned
Am I even shading Avril tho? I didnt made a black or white statement after it and Joan Jett doesnt look bad for the age she is right now (54) People getting salty when there is not a single drop of shade.
TadkV.gif

If all of your post weren't full of tired shade people might nawt be on the defense. And that's only when people can understand what you're even saying.

inxxPl3sjRnz.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom