• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Factually incorrect:

Teenage Dream Era Videos

Average: 198,836,921

Born This Way Era Videos

Average: 94,174,429

So if anything the addition of youtube will boost Katy over Gaga even more thoroughly.

"What about The Fame/Monster era's though Waffles? Surely those will put Gaga over the top!"

Nope. Also did the calculations including all of TFM videos + BTW and Katy still comes out on top.

ibaHZM9IekNVEj.gif

Bladenic

Holy shit:

- had no idea Cali Girls and Teenage Dream were the lowest viewed, nor did I know Firework had so many. I loved the Cali Gurlz video tbh

- WTF at Judas having the highest? It would have been a bigger hit if video streams counted I bet

Do more of these Waffle plz

Also what about a digital sales comparison

SaintZ

Clock ha Waffles.

Also, I can't at Edge of Glory having all those views. It was so boring.

Judas was the best video during the BTW era, lbr.

Katy's weakest video is Part of Me IMO.

Holy shit:

- had no idea Cali Girls and Teenage Dream were the lowest viewed, nor did I know Firework had so many. I loved the Cali Gurlz video tbh

- WTF at Judas having the highest? It would have been a bigger hit if video streams counted I bet

Do more of these Waffle plz

Also what about a digital sales comparison

May do some later, a bit busy today.

As to Teenage Dream and Cali Gurls. They were released before the creation of Katy's Vevo channel, and are hosted on a channel called "emimusic". This undoubtedly hurt their view counts over time.

Bladenic

Part of Me was just a shitty and super basic (even by Katy standards) song. I hated the video but it may have been an effect of hating the song.

Partition

Banned
Whatever, I am confident in Gaga's abilities to clock this era. It's obvious that her GOOD videos slay with views (Judas/BTW), I'm not going to defend the visual mess that was the BTW era.
clapback.gif

The APPLAUSE video will annihilate it's competition. Given it's release.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I dont even remember the video.

Same. Can barely remember the song

I would have though Gaga's videos would be more front loaded in views due to the hype around them though. That would help with chart performance more than having a video with legs

Whatever, I am confident in Gaga's abilities to clock this era. It's obvious that her GOOD videos slay with views (Judas/BTW), I'm not going to defend the visual mess that was the BTW era.
clapback.gif

The APPLAUSE video will annihilate it's competition. Given it's release.

Really Gaga has only had one breakout music video, and that was Bad Romance with over 524 million views.

100-200 million view videos are not impressive anymore. 1D and Bieber get those every time they sneeze.

botty

Banned
I think 100-200 million views is impressive cause only a handful of artists can do it instantly, while some artist struggle to get 1 million views. And with Vevo now doing "certifications" for 100 millions... it has clearly become some kind of achievement.

They don't really count though tbh

Its not just them though. Rih, Katy, Adele, Taylor, etc all get in the 100-200 range with every video they release.

I think 100-200 million views is impressive cause only a handful of artists can do it instantly, while some artist struggle to get 1 million views. And with Vevo now doing "certifications" for 100 millions... it has clearly become some kind of achievement.

I agree, but when comparing top artists to one another I don't think that it is a big number.

100 million is kind of a divider between the hit artists and the flops.

Partition

Banned
Really Gaga has only had one breakout music video, and that was Bad Romance with over 524 million views.

100-200 million view videos are not impressive anymore. 1D and Bieber get those every time they sneeze.

You just proved one of my points -

Back in Gaga's TF/TFM (even the BTW era to a lesser extent) eras, Youtube was not nearly as prominent as it is now. HD options on Youtube didn't even exist for Bad Romance's release. Stupid videos, like you said, are clocking 100m views all the time now. Despite being huge hits, Just Dance and Poker Face have a low amount of views for this reason.

It will be really interesting to see how well Gaga does on the Youtube front this coming year.

You just proved one of my points -

Back in Gaga's TF/TFM (even the BTW era to a lesser extent) eras, Youtube was not nearly as prominent as it is now. HD options on Youtube didn't even exist for Bad Romance's release. Stupid videos, like you said, are clocking 100m views all the time now. Despite being huge hits, Just Dance and Poker Face have a low amount of views for this reason.

It will be really interesting to see how well Gaga does on the Youtube front this coming year.

Valid point. Gaga/Bieber were really the pioneers of massive viewcount videos on youtube.

Whether Gaga can return to the top of the pack in this regard is yet to be seen though.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Your Body was the only video from Lotus, right? Kinda sad. She should have put more effort behind it.

The entire Lotus era was just a bad joke
I don't get why she keeps making music when she puts no passion into it

Mau ®;73638933 said:
The Little Monsters should be scared. Katy may be basic but people, at this moment, prefer her over Gaga.

Why are all the articles saying that Gaga is headlining the VMAs and not Katy tho

Matt_

Maybe because Gaga needs the promo more?

iy3aRnJw8sVNK.gif

If it were gaga's people that kept saying it perhaps this sloppy shade would have more punch.

Katy will release her single. It will do well. She'll release another. That will do well. People will say she's cute. People will oggle her tits. The world will move on.

Gaga on the other hand is akin to an event movie. She has released a handful of promo pics and a few dates and the media is ABUZZ with anticipation. Gaga is not the one that needs the promo by being labeled a headliner. The VMAs need her more

Mau ®

This kind of thinking that "NO ONE CAN MATCH AGAINST GAGA" that Little Monsters (and I think her Gaga's Team) have is what let her competitors (Katy and Rih) take a lead over her.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Mau ®;73640658 said:
This kind of thinking that "NO ONE CAN MATCH AGAINST GAGA" that Little Monsters (and I think her Gaga's Team) have is what let her competitors (Katy and Rih) take a lead over her.
I disagree, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Yado

Mau ®;73640658 said:

They may be tugging on her wig in some categories but the world at large considers Gaga to be a bigger star. I suppose her tactic is working.

royalan

Mau ®;73640658 said:

Bingo.

Matt_

Mau ®;73640658 said:

But they can't in the performance department
They haven't in the album department
They haven't in the fashion department
They never will in the tour department

Singles aren't everything
ibvSxAJwcM0Tdi.gif

Partition

Banned
Mau ®;73640658 said:

When you increase the quality of your music, you take a hit from the commercial standpoint. Beyonce's 4 is another example. Katy and Rih, as you brought up, are pretty much the lowest common denominator of pop music.

So yes, no one can match against Gaga's quality. ARTPOP will be about finding a balance between artistic and commercial.

royalan

Singles aren't everything
ibvSxAJwcM0Tdi.gif

Rihanna has higher sales.

And nobody gives a shit about Gaga's fashion outside of her LM freaks. Gaga stopped being taken seriously as a fashionista in TFM era. She's just a fucking freakshow.

Rihanna has eclipsed her as a fashion icon. In fact, Gaga NEVER surpassed Rih in this regard. Rih has been a fashion icon since GGGB era, and has the successful fragrance, clothing line, TV series and fashion covers to prove it.

Mau ®

This is IF ARTPOP gains big traction. Let's no pretend BTW largely sold on the goodwill of The Fame/Monster.

Rihanna is a more marketable FASHION star. Her look sells on the high streets and fashion houses are lined up behind her. Nobody wants to dress or look like Gaga. She may have her own particular style but it doesn't have impact in the streets (unless you only cruise gay districts).

Katy and Rih probably will won't for a while (maybe never, actually) but P!nk (and maybe Bey) will obliterate the Born This Way Ball's gross when it's all said and done, sis.

Bladenic

And nobody gives a shit about Gaga's fashion outside of her LM freaks. Gaga stopped being taken seriously as a fashionista in TFM era. She's just a fucking freakshow.

Rihanna has eclipsed her as a fashion icon. In fact, Gaga NEVER surpassed Rih in this regard. Rih has been a fashion icon since GGGB era, and has the successful fragrance, clothing line, TV series and fashion covers to prove it.

Rihanna has higher sales? Maybe overall but Gaga isn't at album 8, nor will she be for another decade at least.

When you increase the quality of your music, you take a hit from the commercial standpoint. Beyonce's 4 is another example. Katy and Rih, as you brought up, are pretty much the lowest common denominator of pop music.

So yes, no one can match against Gaga's quality. ARTPOP will be about finding a balance between artistic and commercial.
So... it's about quality now? Ok.
iQ19HHTNtmBzi.gif

Bladenic

Mau ®;73643158 said:
This is IF ARTPOP gains big traction. Let's no pretend BTW largely sold on the goodwill of The Fame/Monster.

Rihanna is a more marketable FASHION star. Her look sells on the high streets and fashion houses are lined up behind her. Nobody wants to dress or look like Gaga. She may have her own particular style but it doesn't have impact in the streets (unless you only cruise gay districts).

Katy and Rih probably will won't for a while (maybe never, actually) but P!nk (and maybe Bey) will obliterate the Born This Way Ball's gross when it's all said and done, sis.

Um really? Receipts for the tours? Let's not forget BTW was cut short.

Matt_

Oh? I must have imagined Gaga's custom wardrobes, her successful perfume and her multiple magazine covers that rank in the highest sellers of the year. And calling rihanna's tv show successful is just hilarious.

iyS4saI3hYqDe.gif

Rihanna has higher sales in singles. Cumulative probably albums too, but I guess that is what happens when you churn one out each year.

Calling Little Monsters freaks too. Is something making you seethe?

royalan

Rihanna has higher sales? Maybe overall but Gaga isn't at album 8, nor will she be for another decade at least.

Doesn't matter what album she's at.

Gaga doesn't have Rih's sales.

She doesn't have Rih's digital or radio dominance.

She doesn't have Rih's fashion impact.

Rih's clocks Gaga more often than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom