• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

When you increase the quality of your music, you take a hit from the commercial standpoint.

220px-21Adele.jpg

Nope. BTW's commercial problems didn't stem from an "increase in quality". I don't like this notion that being artistic is always at odds with being a big seller.

Partition

Banned
220px-21Adele.jpg

Nope. BTW's commercial problems didn't stem from an "increase in quality". I don't like this notion that being artistic is always at odds with being a big seller.

I didn't say that. BTW's commercial problems lies in the fact that it had weak singles.

I'm saying overall quality. Gaga will never be able to clock #1s like Katy does.... because Gaga does not make basic by the numbers music like that.

(19 is better than 21 anyway)

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
The new HAIM song shits. Annie's EP absolutely shits as per.

I feel genuine pity for anyone not checking for the so-called locals and hews this year, b/c they aren't just snatching wigs off the Billboard queens, they're shitting in those wigs, slapping 'em back on, and ceremoniously lighting them on fire.

royalan

I didn't say that. BTW's commercial problems lies in the fact that it had weak singles.

I'm saying overall quality. Gaga will never be able to clock #1s like Katy does.... because Gaga does not make basic by the numbers music like that.

(19 is better than 21 anyway)

Why are some of her best and biggest hits "basic, by the numbers" RedONE tracks then?

Gaga's stans weren't about Gaga being above "basic" Pop hits until she lost her ability to make them.

And, considering that Gaga has gone on record and labeled BTW a disappointment, you better believe that she wants a few of those "basic" songs right about now.

Bladenic

I feel genuine pity for anyone not checking for the so-called locals and hews this year, b/c they aren't just snatching wigs off the Billboard queens, they're shitting in those wigs, slapping 'em back on, and ceremoniously lighting them on fire.

NEW HAIM SONG? LINK OMG IM FROTHING AT THE MOUTH RIGHT NOW

Also Matt Little Munsters are freaks. I'm not talking the Munsters in this thread but the really weird ones that call Gaga "Mom" and shit. Same way Chris Brown's stans are fucking weird for saying that they want him to beat the shit out of them and Rihanna had it coming or something.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Doesn't matter what album she's at.

Gaga doesn't have Rih's sales.

She doesn't have Rih's digital or radio dominance.

She doesn't have Rih's fashion impact.

Rih's clocks Gaga more often than not.

Rih doesn't have Gaga's tour sales

She doesn't even have a solo song that has passed BTW digital sales

She doesn't have a fragrance line that comes close to the popularity and acclaim of FAME nor the Fashion Magazine cover sales

She doesn't even have as many awards as Gaga does

Should we go into TV ratings as well? performances? Forbes? etc

Gaga clocks Rih more often than not

but its cute tho that you need to proxy stan for someone else in order to try and drag Gaga, B for effort but no one is buying it. Stay dragging Beyonce at least that provides some kiis or stay seated like your fave is and will remain all season long
iL0FPPqOQ3T3Y.gif

botty

Banned
NEW HAIM SONG? LINK OMG IM FROTHING AT THE MOUTH RIGHT NOW

Also Matt Little Munsters are freaks. I'm not talking the Munsters in this thread but the really weird ones that call Gaga "Mom" and shit. Same way Chris Brown's stans are fucking weird for saying that they want him to beat the shit out of them and Rihanna had it coming or something.

crumpet linked earlier.

royalan

Rih doesn't have Gaga's tour sales

She doesn't even have a solo song that has passed BTW digital sales

She doesn't have a fragrance line that comes close to the popularity and acclaim of FAME nor the Fashion Magazine cover sales

She doesn't even have as many awards as Gaga does

Should we go into TV ratings as well? performances? Forbes? etc

Gaga clocks Rih more often than not

but its cute tho that you need to proxy stan for someone else in order to try and drag Gaga, B for effort but no one is buying it. Stay dragging Beyonce at least that provides some kiis or stay seated like your fave is and will remain all season long
iL0FPPqOQ3T3Y.gif

That's cute sweetie but did I lie? Rihanna shits all over Gaga in overall music sales and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. Stay pressed.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Where's this indignation when everyone infers that the Beyhive had AIDS tho?
I'd also like to know who said this.
Oh, the indignation is there.

I am not easily offended, but I do think "BeyHIV" is pretty disgusting. To the point where I messaged Mumei about it when that troll Ties used the term a couple weeks ago. You can't say "tranny" on these boards without people getting up in arms, but it's totally okay to use an unfortunately common disease as a derogatory term? Meh.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
That's cute sweetie but did I lie? Rihanna shits all over Gaga in overall music sales and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. Stay pressed.

You lied multiple times as several people have pointed out but continue to ignore reality, I'm sure its standard for fighters to not clearly see the music industry nowadays
but I guess I'll stay pressed due to pointing out facts
iL0FPPqOQ3T3Y.gif

botty

Banned
Are we pretending to not understand BeyHIV? My point is being called a freak is not worse than calling the Navy illiterate, and inferring that the Beyhive has aids. I'm sure we'll find some way to dismiss this inference though.

BeyHIV was a pretty common shade name earlier. I believe that's what Rob is referring to.

....lol.

Oh, the indignation is there.

I am not easily offended, but I do think "BeyHIV" is pretty disgusting. To the point where I messaged Mumei about it when that troll Ties used the term a couple weeks ago.

There is so much to learn from this post.

cory64

PREACH.

HAIM Annie and AlunaGeorge are shitting on everyone this year.

royalan

You lied multiple times as several people have pointed out but continue to ignore reality, I'm sure its standard for fighters to not clearly see the music industry nowadays
but I guess I'll stay pressed over pointing out facts
iL0FPPqOQ3T3Y.gif

Care to point them out?

Does Gaga's music sell more than Rih's?

Does Gaga have the same fashion impact that Rihanna has and has held for the majority of her career?

Educate me, sis.

royalan

Gaga does sell better than Rih, what kind of question is that?

An honest one? Because from what I'm looking at Rihanna has way more singles that chart higher. Just because she doesn't have one single that sold more than BTW doesn't mean that she doesn't put out an army of singles that all do well.

Um. WHAT? It most certainly does. Per album, Gaga is selling more than Rihanna.

It's only a matter of time before Gaga matches Rihanna in album sales, and then surpasses her.

Not if they continue their current trajectories and Rihanna continues to release albums like she does.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Just a bit surprised she [mumei] didn't say anything about this when you reported.
Maybe private messages were exchanged. I didn't get a response from Mumei, nor did I really expect one, so I don't know.

I just think there's casual catty stan warring that provides a fun back-and-forth on the Internet, and then there's total indecency that shouldn't be tolerated anywhere. "BeyHIV," IMO, falls in the latter category.

Gaga does sell better than Rih, what kind of question is that?

Not overall. So far this decade Rih has sold 13.2 million albums, while Gaga has only sold 6-7 million.

Sure it was split across 3 albums, but still.

Gaga's ONE successful single last era may have outsold all of Rih's, but she outsold Gaga left and right outside of that.

Um. WHAT? It most certainly does. Per album, Gaga is selling more than Rihanna.

It's only a matter of time before Gaga matches Rihanna in album sales, and then surpasses her.

Nope. Rih's lead is growing, not shrinking.

Artemisia

Banned
Nope. Rih's lead is growing, not shrinking.

Unapologetic isn't selling very well anymore, and it's widely speculated that Rihanna isn't releasing a new album this year, but rereleasing her latest. That's not going to sell as much as a new studio album.

Doesn't that give Gaga a temporary advantage?

Unapologetic isn't selling very well anymore, and it's widely speculated that Rihanna isn't releasing a new album this year, but rereleasing her latest. That's not going to sell as much as a new studio album.

Maybe, we will see. I doubt it will make any real difference.

botty

Banned
Maybe private messages were exchanged. I didn't get a response from Mumei, nor did I really expect one, so I don't know.

I just think there's casual catty stan warring that provides a fun back-and-forth on the Internet, and then there's total indecency that shouldn't be tolerated anywhere. "BeyHIV," IMO, falls in the latter category.

Sorry if you were offended by it. I don't know if I have ever used it here, but there's never any genuine malicious intent behind it with me. Just like with "Riherpes."

Trigger

Temporary being the key word.

Still, both girls are doing very well for themselves in the greater scheme of things.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Care to point them out?

Does Gaga's music sell more than Rih's?

Born This Way sold more than any Rihanna album, only one that is close to coming for it is Loud. Lets not even get into the Fame sales

Gaga's singles on average sell more than Rihanna, we all know Rihanna has more digital sales because she has 45~ singles yet none of them can outsell Born This Way (the song) even with all the weeks they spend at #1 (except for her collab)

So yes Gaga's music does sell more than Rihanna, if you want a more accurate reading see how many records Rihanna sold with the Unapologetic and the TTT era and compare it with BTW.

Does Gaga have the same fashion impact that Rihanna has and has held for the majority of her career?

Educate me, sis.

FAME sold 30 M bottles last year, only place Rihanna's fragrances are a hit are in the UK. Do we also have to remember who was on the cover of Vogue's September issue, last I recall that's a pretty big deal in the fashion world. Then there is Gaga's partnership with Versace but I guess that kind of endorsement doesn't compare to Rihanna's K-Mart line, right?

Are you educated yet?
iFiOzjN1UN8hE.gif

royalan

Yes, Waffles. Hand out those seats.

And here's another bone I have to pick with Rih's haters. I really DON'T understand why people come for the fact that Rih puts out a ton of albums.

I see so many people in this thread praise Bey for her "work ethic", even when it produces utter tripe like 4 and The Mrs. You-Done-Already-Seen-This-Shit-Twice Show.

But apparently, work ethic is a bad thing when it comes to Rihanna?

So what Rih puts out a shit ton of albums. Do you guys really think that shit is easy? Here's the evergreen truth: the fact that Rihanna has a say over the type of music she records and who she works with, and can go into the studio at any given moment and record an album that will net her at LEAST one #1 global smash hit and SEVERAL top 10s is a testament to just how KEYED IN she is to not just the industry, but global pop culture at large. She so easily and so EFFORTLESSLY nets hits with these back-to-back albums, and the fact that she does it YEARLY?!? Ch...get out of here. ALL OUR FAVES literally WISH they could.

I mean, just to put it in perspective, Bey just scrapped 50 tracks because she didn't have a single hit in the pile.

Gaga's singles on average sell more than Rihanna, we all know Rihanna has more digital sales because she has 45~ singles yet none of them can outsell Born This Way (the song) even with all the weeks they spend at #1

But didn't Gaga put out more singles with BTW than Rihanna did with Unapologetic?

Trigger

New Tropico promo

That model tho. O and Lana's "garment" looks made out of Christmas decorations RIP.

This all looks kinda of floppy to me. I don't like the model, I don't get why she's promoting this and not SS, and a feature length film? Gurl..

SaintZ

Yeah all of this looks cheaps but that font has to be the worst offender.
Bladenic said:
I'm not surprised, has Lana ever used a semi normal looking man in her vids beside A$ap Rocky?
Errr... Her boyfriend in "Summer Wine"? lol.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Lawd, her sister knows how to take better promo pics than this. Just look at the iconic Ride cover :/

I just hope the production values are high for the video. I want a visual orgasm when Lana ascends back into heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom