• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

3phemeral

If only you would use your powers for good.

iblzMsYeaEs0fu.gif
I made one for you too.

iqM7qDDgyaQIR.jpg

I can't believe ya'll still think that someone is a bigger pop star just based on album/single sales. Madonna could have stopped releasing music in 2001 and she would still be considered the biggest female star on the planet because it's fucking Madonna. She's pop culture. Everyone fucking knows her.

Lady Gaga and Rihanna are both successful, and splitting hairs on single/album sales doesn't change the very TRUE fact that Lady Gaga has crossed a certain pop cultural threshold that Rihanna hasn't quite gotten to yet. Lady Gaga will more likely than not be remembered and appreciated by more people at the end of the day because she has had more impact in pop music and has become a mainstream icon in her own right, even if she didn't have as many number one hits. The general public doesn't look for that, nor do they keep a history book of how many Rih or Gaga singles they've bought over time. lol

Mau ®

Man, I have so many "Stars Dance" songs stuck in my head...

2013 has been full of strange surprises. I wonder what else will slay through the PRISM of pop.

royalan

I can't believe ya'll still think that someone is a bigger pop star just based on album/single sales. Madonna could have stopped releasing music in 2001 and she would still be considered the biggest female star on the planet because it's fucking Madonna. She's pop culture. Everyone fucking knows her.

Lady Gaga and Rihanna are both successful, and splitting hairs on single/album sales doesn't change the very TRUE fact that Lady Gaga has crossed a certain pop cultural threshold that Rihanna hasn't quite gotten to yet. Lady Gaga will more likely than not be remembered and appreciated by more people at the end of the day because she has had more impact in pop music and has become a mainstream icon in her own right, even if she didn't have as many number one hits. The general public doesn't look for that, nor do they keep a history book of how many Rih or Gaga singles they've bought over time. lol

See, this is really hard to say in Philly. Rih is QUEEN here. You can go into ANY club in this city and hear more Rihanna than any other Pop diva at this point. It's not even close.

I think it's time people wake up and accept her reign. You don't put out 7 platinum albums, 18(?) #1 singles, COUNTLESS top 10s, and redefine an entire GENERATION of style for girls and NOT have impact.

I'm willing to bet that, culturally, Rihanna's name is just as big as Gaga's. At least in the US. Especially because she's had more hits across more formats.

Rihanna IS this generation's vision of the modern, glamorous, devil-may-care pop bombshell.

See, this is really hard to say in Philly. Rih is QUEEN here. You can go into ANY club in this city and hear more Rihanna than any other Pop diva at this point. It's not even close.

I think it's time people wake up and accept her reign. You don't put out 7 platinum albums, 18(?) #1 singles, COUNTLESS top 10s, and redefine an entire GENERATION of style for girls and NOT have impact.

I'm willing to bet that, culturally, Rihanna's name is just as big as Gaga's. At least in the US. Especially because she's had more hits across more formats.

Rihanna IS this generation's vision of the modern, glamorous, devil-may-care pop bombshell.

I'm so glad you're using your powers for good now. Soul knows what you're saying. He's always telling me about the clubs playing Rihanna non stop. He'll accept Black Madonna as his queen sooner or later.

I think DMJ's constant Rih stanning is finally wearing me down. I heard "Stay" earlier, and instead of listening to something else like I always do I just let the song play.

Nemesis_

I'm bored of stay now, but I feel like I'm the only member of PopGAF that didn't think Right Now was trash.

But it was charting here for several months before Stay stopped being played here, so maybe that's why.

cory64

It's hard for me to judge Stay now because of saturation but the public was here for it for months.

new certs:
Katy
Peacock - Gold
Part of Me - 2x Platinum

Lana
Young and Beautiful - Gold

Artemisia

Banned
WHEN YOU SMILE LIKE A TEASE BABY YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW
WHEN MY HEART SKIPS A BEAT DARLING EVERY TIME YOU GO
WHEN YOU WALK INTO THE ROOM
I CAN'T SPEAK AND
I CAN'T MOVE
YOU DON'T SEE ME
BUT YOU SHOULD
WHY YOU GOTTA MAKE IT HURT SO GOOD?

IIIIIII DONT EVER WANNA LET YOU GO
WE COULD TAKE IT FAST AND MAKE IT SLOW
I'M THE FRIEND THAT YOU MISUNDERSTOOD
EVERY DAY IS JUST A WISH I COULD
WHY YOU GOTTA MAKE IT HURT SO GOOD?

r9fN6.gif
r9fN6.gif

r9fN6.gif
r9fN6.gif

Trigger

I'm bored of stay now, but I feel like I'm the only member of PopGAF that didn't think Right Now was trash.

But it was charting here for several months before Stay stopped being played here, so maybe that's why.

You are not alone. I liked it too. I don't think most of the Navy agrihs unfortunately.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Que yo quiero a quinientos y perdio
Mentiras son dividi contigo
Porque esa vuelta no es pa mi
Que yo quiero amarrao aqui

Oye mami, vuelvete loca
Aruñame la espalda y muerdeme la boca

Oye papi, vuelveme loca

Rabiosa, rabiosa
Rabiosa, rabiosa
Yo soy rabiosa, rabiosa
Rabiosa, rabiosa

r9fN6.gif
r9fN6.gif

r9fN6.gif
r9fN6.gif

B-Dex

My local radio is stanning Lana so hard right now. I hear summertime sadness almost twice an hour.

ibwkUiTTuI5GPp.gif

They don't even play Rih.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I only heard Stay for the first time a couple weeks ago, and even though my general stance is that Rih is the worst, it was a decent little song for a few listens. tbh I only checked it out because of a cover I listened to beforehand.

He'll accept Black Madonna as his queen sooner or later.

I agRIH agree: the Black Madonna is quite excellent.

(•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

Mau ®

Oye mami, vuelvete loca

Oye papi, vuelveme loca

Rabiosa, rabiosa
Rabiosa, rabiosa
Yo soy rabiosa, rabiosa
Rabiosa, rabiosa

r9fN6.gif
r9fN6.gif

r9fN6.gif
r9fN6.gif

Yes, accept Shakira as THE LATIN QUEEN OF POP!!!!!

Koodo

Banned

Oye mami, vuelvete loca

Oye papi, vuelveme loca

Rabiosa, rabiosa
Rabiosa, rabiosa
Yo soy rabiosa, rabiosa
Rabiosa, rabiosa

r9fN6.gif
r9fN6.gif

r9fN6.gif
r9fN6.gif
Yes, let her in.

i5EStH5ZmwlIN.gif

Mumei

Oh, the indignation is there.

I am not easily offended, but I do think "BeyHIV" is pretty disgusting. To the point where I messaged Mumei about it when that troll Ties used the term a couple weeks ago. You can't say "tranny" on these boards without people getting up in arms, but it's totally okay to use an unfortunately common disease as a derogatory term? Meh.

I'm sorry. I read your message at work and I forgot to respond when I came home. I agree that it is inappropriate; I'm just not sure where I ought to draw the line for disease-shade. I am fine with having a moratorium on it generally since I don't use it and think it's pretty tacky, though.

DMeisterJ

Banned
"Stay" is still charting over seven months after its single release. Lets not try coming for the future grammy ballad hit of 2013

They don't even play Rih.

A radio station that doesn't play Rih? What kind of lies? Lmao

All tea. Except she only has 12 #1 singles.

Koodo

Banned
I hope Godkira scrapped all those vulgar collaborations she did last year and starts again from scratch. Give us the Where Are The Thievés? of the 21st century.

r9fN6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom