• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catching up on what I missed, and of course everyone's talking about 4. Again.

Ya'll can't FATHOM the notion of a fanbase liking an album despite it not selling well. An album that's one of the LOWEST PERFORMING RELEASES by any major pop act, and yet it still outsold Britney Spears' last effort, someone that NOBODY in here would DARE say is actually a washed up, untalented shell of her former self.

Beyonce's fine. She ain't checking for radio, or for you. She's on tour doing what she loves. She spent the first half of her career owning radio and the charts, but she's not checking for that right now. If she wanted to make LESS money doing what her contemporaries are doing, then she would. The DELUSION that her not getting back in the radio game is somehow a DEFICIT to her success... get a clue. Success is money, and despite your sad attempts at making her out to somehow be unsuccessful or a failure, that doesn't change the fact that she is currently one of the two most successful pop stars right now. The other is Gaga. Yes, the metric for success is money at the end of the day, and regardless of how well or poorly 4 sold, or how long Bey's out of the radio spotlight, she's still at the top of the game. She doesn't have to release another hit for the rest of her life, and she'll still be considered an icon. She can retire today and she'll still be considered one of the most influential names in music history. And I know that really, really, reaaaaally sucks for all of you, because you really enjoy using the top female in the pop scene as a punching bag to soothe your own insecurities about your respective faves, but this shit stops.

Go after people who really actually suck, not people who have their shit together. Like that one female who evidently "can't hold a conversation," who can't bother to sing live or dance well, make media appearances or give honest interviews, but is completely okay with charging her naive fans hundreds of dollars to watch her saunter her lazy ass around the stage like John McCain. Or are you boys too scared of Kyon to say it?

Yeah, we were stanning for this album last week. Loved it!

Best Be Believing, Kaleidoscope Love, Attracting Flies, and This is How We Do it are all bops.

Dang. Not surprised that I missed the hype train that rolled through here. Glad to see that other gaffers love them.

It just seems you dont know anywhere else to throw shade. Its cute as you only look like a shit head going at it. Its funny keep it going as you keep swimming deeper in the sea of shit.

I'll keep swimming in that sea of shit, while you remain LOST IN TRANSLATION.

Budget $4 million
Box office $119,723,856

Stay mad. Where are your receipts for your sea of shit?

...did he just pull up the box office receipts for Lost in Translation.

This is next level shit...

This may be the greatest exchange in the history of the internet
ibwFuvakgRaCBi.gif

I mean
ibwFuvakgRaCBi.gif
ibwFuvakgRaCBi.gif
ibwFuvakgRaCBi.gif

Ahasverus

Go after people who really actually suck, not people who have their shit together. Like that one female who evidently "can't hold a conversation," who can't bother to sing live or dance well, make media appearances or give honest interviews, but is completely okay with charging her naive fans hundreds of dollars to watch her saunter her lazy ass around the stage like John McCain. Or are you boys too scared of Kyon to say it?
Britney? i say britney

cory64

Brq is cute but it needs some work. Sounds exactly like what I've been expecting ARTPOP to sound like, which might not be a good indication of its freshness (again, 19 months is a long time when you're trying to make cutting edge pop). Then again it is a demo.

botty

Banned
Dang. Not surprised that I missed the hype train that rolled through here. Glad to see that other gaffers love them.

Yeah, we've been kind of split on Aluna's vocals, but generally everyone appreciates George's production skills. They have a bright future if their debut is anything to go off of.

royalan

Ya'll can't FATHOM the notion of a fanbase liking an album despite it not selling well. An album that's one of the LOWEST PERFORMING RELEASES by any major pop act, and yet it still outsold Britney Spears' last effort, someone that NOBODY in here would DARE say is actually a washed up, untalented shell of her former self.

Beyonce's fine. She ain't checking for radio, or for you. She's on tour doing what she loves. She spent the first half of her career owning radio and the charts, but she's not checking for that right now. If she wanted to make LESS money doing what her contemporaries are doing, then she would. The DELUSION that her not getting back in the radio game is somehow a DEFICIT to her success... get a clue. Success is money, and despite your sad attempts at making her out to somehow be unsuccessful or a failure, that doesn't change the fact that she is currently one of the two most successful pop stars right now. The other is Gaga. Yes, the metric for success is money at the end of the day, and regardless of how well or poorly 4 sold, or how long Bey's out of the radio spotlight, she's still at the top of the game. She doesn't have to release another hit for the rest of her life, and she'll still be considered an icon. She can retire today and she'll still be considered one of the most influential names in music history. And I know that really, really, reaaaaally sucks for all of you, because you really enjoy using the top female in the pop scene as a punching bag to soothe your own insecurities about your respective faves, but this shit stops.

If we're going to talk about money then you're opening the floodgates for me to spill all sorts of tea on how Beyonce's been pimping herself out like a 2 dollar whore for anyone and anything to get an endorsement since she was 17, the absolute sewer-level moral code and sense of social responsibility she and her husband have, and how she's a fucking disgrace and should be strung up for having the audacity to consider herself a role model. The Carters are slime, and you'd be surprised at how little I'm joking when I harp on that.

Best to stick to how good of a performer she is.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Its funny how the Trashana stans are now all against the King after the prior months leading to the superbowl they were all on their knees worshiping her, obviously because they knew she would deliver a performance unmatched by the sewer rat. Even so when the snippets of new music would arrive those same knees would hit the floor, it is obvious they know deep down that King B is superior to their fave even though they try to convince themselves otherwise with receipts. But then why do these cretins attack so vicious at the presence of Beyonce's name if when she is set to slay they play a different note. Is it because the King is able to hold an audience with her elegance and talent, is it because she is able to sell out a tour without putting any recent material while their so call fave struggles to outgross Bey on her 7th album with xx amount of singles, or is it because of the short attention span that they have that requires their fave to release material annually it would explain the frustration they hold towards Beyonce shortly after a sense of an album delay is brought up. One has to wonder

ibqo3Zuvte8GdN.gif

Majmun

I think that even Kyon has given up on Britney. WHat's there to defend?

Brit's face should be pictured next to the definition of a "washed up star"
All people would go like "Ooooh, that's what it means"

botty

Banned
Its funny how the Trashana stans are now all against the King after the prior months leading to the superbowl they were all on their knees worshiping her, obviously because they knew she would deliver a performance unmatched by the sewer rat. Even so when the snippets of new music would arrive those same knees would hit the floor, it is obvious they know deep down that King B is superior to their fave even though they try to convince themselves otherwise with receipts. But then why do these cretins attack so vicious at the presence of Beyonce's name if when she is set to slay they play a different note. Is it because the King is able to hold an audience with her elegance and talent, is it because she is able to sell out a tour without putting any recent material while their so call fave struggles to outgross Bey on her 7th album with xx amount of singles, or is it because of the short attention span that they have that requires their fave to release material annually it would explain the frustration they hold towards Beyonce shortly after a sense of an album delay is brought up. One has to wonder

ibqo3Zuvte8GdN.gif

4p0Y7.gif
4p0Y7.gif
4p0Y7.gif
4p0Y7.gif
4p0Y7.gif
4p0Y7.gif
4p0Y7.gif
4p0Y7.gif
4p0Y7.gif
4p0Y7.gif
4p0Y7.gif
4p0Y7.gif
4p0Y7.gif
4p0Y7.gif
4p0Y7.gif
4p0Y7.gif
4p0Y7.gif
4p0Y7.gif

royalan

ibqo3Zuvte8GdN.gif

I don't understand. The #Navy has no reason to be jealous of any of this.

Beyonce is on a sold out tour. So is Rihanna.

Beyonce is set to slay. Rihanna is slaying. Present participle.

ibqo3Zuvte8GdN.gif

Tea was never so piping hot.

How very unusual that you all go full stan at every leaked song of hers or mere announcement, and yet if she's off the radar for more than a week then it's open season. Truly says a lot about her impact and power... she just needs to show up and everyone's all ears.

Not to mention she's outgrossing your faves and without even a new album to help push it. Now that's some real power.

royalan

That Beyoncé is going to outgross Rihanna from a tour of a flop album?

Well of course. Beyonce IS a legacy act at this point. I can't stand Beyonce, but even I'm not surprised by her ability to sell out a tour at this point in her career. It's just the reality of the thing.

But for the time being Bey IS just a touring act. That's the Lipton that simply must be sipped. She ain't doing shit right now outside of touring and whoring out for endorsements.

Meanwhile, Rihanna is a touring force in her own right, while ALSO enjoying her title as the most radio-relevant chick in the biz.

Like, Rih has literally ZERO reason to be jealous of Bey. And the continued insistence that she does is probably why that fanbase gets so riled up.

They won't hear you though.

Are people scared of Kyon? Kyon is a sweetie.

Artemisia

Banned
Well of course. Beyonce IS a legacy act at this point. I can't stand Beyonce, but even I'm not surprised by her ability to sell out a tour at this point in her career. It's just the reality of the thing.

I almost want to agree with you but that remains to be seen. If she sees 4 levels of success with her upcoming material, I think I won't be able to contest this point.

But for the time being Bey IS just a touring act. That's the Lipton that simply must be sipped. She ain't doing shit right now outside of touring and whoring out for endorsements.

Meanwhile, Rihanna is a touring force in her own right, while ALSO enjoying her title as the most radio-relevant chick in the biz.

Like, Rih has literally ZERO reason to be jealous of Bey. And the continued insistence that she does is probably why that fanbase gets so riled up.

The Hive doesn't have anything for or against Rihanna; they only get annoyed when #Navy made the random decision that Rihanna somehow replaced Beyonce, as if only one of them are allowed to exist in the business at a time and they MUST be compared because of it.

As I've said numerous times before, Rihanna has more in common with Gaga, Katy and Ke$ha than she does with Beyonce. They've very different acts. One excels in the studio, the other excels live. One is more radio pop and the other is traditional R&B.

I had no real opinion on Rihanna until people here decided to be buttholes and saying that she's phased Beyonce out. So course my reaction was ".... her?" They're simply not competing for the same share anymore. Rihanna has a share that Beyonce held for a long time, and Beyonce gave that up. Rihanna took it. That's it.

I'm sure that Rihanna doesn't check for Beyonce and Beyonce doesn't check for her either. In fact they're probably good friends.

DMeisterJ

Banned

ibqo3Zuvte8GdN.gif

Kii at you channeling a certain member of POPGAF and stanning a POPSTAR you hate to drag another one you hate.

I would take this post seriously, but there is absolutely no point.

Mumei

Stop the personal attacks.

I don't mind teasing, but I am tired of the posts that come across as mean-spirited. I do not care if you do not mean it; it bothers me nonetheless. This is not an issue for a single person; this is an issue for a number of people

I'm not going to name names. If you are being a problem and you lack the self-awareness to recognize this, perhaps you will achieve enlightenment while you are banned. I also will not establish exactly where the line is. If I did, there would be those few people who would try to live on the line. I'm not having that.

She's serving me EVERYTHING here. That Crystal Kay turn of the millennium vibe is probably my favorite kind of R&B.

Other than the whistle register and the background self-harmonizations, this doesn't strike me as a Mariah leftover in the slightest. It reminds me more of that incredible, once-in-a-lifetime era of J-Pop that perfectly melded R&B and pop.

I'm 100% here for her album now. I'm officially on board - she knows herself as an artist and that artist has touched me exactly where I needed tickling just right now.

Mumei

She's serving me EVERYTHING here. That Crystal Kay turn of the millennium vibe is probably my favorite kind of R&B.

Other than the whistle register and the background self-harmonizations, this doesn't strike me as a Mariah leftover in the slightest. It's reminds me more of that incredible, once-in-a-lifetime era of J-Pop that perfectly melded R&B and pop.

I'm 100% here for her album now. I'm officially on board - she knows herself as an artist and that artist has touched me exactly where I needed tickling just right now.

Well, a Mariah leftover would require that she have a half-decent whistle and the ability to do background self-harmonizations, so I see your point.

Icicle

I post in PopGaf thread's like once an OT, ya'll is crazy.

Brandy>all

Wait, who are you? Stick around! I'm the only one here who actually shows love for Brandy. /shade Kyon.

Leona acknowledging Crystal Slay...

PopGAF should take breaks more often. They seem to bring out the besT in us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom