• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

This should have been the new single for Jessie J
LLShC.gif

who the fuck mastered this though

royalan

I can't use this. Girl's got some decent belts but her voice is so bland. There's no variation, color, or texture to anything. It's so soft and pillow-y. I'm not here for wallflower vocals.

I don't think that's a whistle. Sounds like she's scaling upward to a really high falsetto/head voice. But I agree, it's weak and musically ineffective.

Maybe. But there's still clearly a transition happening here, from Crazy to Normal.

Educate Leona.

My problem with Ariana is she has piss-poor enunciation when singing, especially when she's doing the Mariah whisper-singing. Really makes you respect how well Mariah executed that style.

3phemeral

My problem with Ariana is she has piss-poor enunciation when singing, especially when she's doing the Mariah whisper-singing. Really makes you respect how well Mariah executed that style.

For sure. Mariah stated that the whispering was her go-to preference if she wanted to be more intimate with the audience in showcasing more vulnerability. I also think it was more of a "look at what I can do" kind of thing because quite honestly, the variation with her singing whether she chooses to hit a note via whisper, falsetto, full-voiced belt or even the fact that she could manipulate the texture of her whistles was mind blowing for me.

Even these days, she still tries to do even more complex transitions (see H.A.T.E.U) where there's absolutely no way she could perform it live. That throat ain't having it anymore.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Daft Punk To Perform At The VMAs

Daft Punk did not, after all, appear on the Colbert Report. According to Stephen Colbert, there was a mixup in the rights for him to have Daft Punk perform on his show. He said that Viacom, the owner of Comedy Central and a plethora of other TV networks (including MTV) informed him that his show could not host the french duo due to their planned appearance in the MTV Music Video awards next month. Apparently, MTV has a contract to get an exclusive Daft Punk TV appearance, meaning that they could not perform on The Colbert Report. This is more likely than not some dumb publicity stunt by Viacom to get viewership for VMAs. It is very hard to believe that a conflicting interest such as this would not come to light until the last second.

oop

some many people are coming to try and clock
iqJBIAHPJ88ZV.gif

Nemesis_

I'll leave that open to interpretation Maria.

Anyway, news for another girl returning to Pop: -

And yea, the skies open up and the pop gods smiled down upon us and said, “My children, it is time,” and it was good. In a new interview, Hilary Duff has revealed that she’s actually, seriously planning to make some new music.

The details: There aren’t any! Here’s all she said, when quizzed about her plans at a FIJI Water event in the Hamptons, because that’s Hilary Duff’s life and everyone else is jealous: “I’m going to focus on my music. It’s been a long time coming. I’m finally buckling down and getting in the studio.”

All together now: !!!!!

As for why? It’s not just for her love of the song — it’s all about the live performance. “I really miss touring,” she said. “I really miss connecting with my fans in that way.”

Watch the painfully brief but ultimately hope-inspiring interview below.​

[ Idolator | Interview ]

Kyon

Banned
Except those aren't run on sentences and writing is legible. Also J.Ho's writing doesn't look like a hooked on phonics mess.

Oh and she can write in cursive.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Oh my, that burqa reaction
iPkuDazhu2FCa.gif
iPkuDazhu2FCa.gif

Made me smile tho. Let me go put Burqa on repeat again

this woman never commits.

that judas video reminds me how much i liked the song...until that generic chorus. the chorus sounds like it doesn't fit in with the rest of the track. different beat, different voice, tone etc.

and with this burqa ting again she switches to a more friendly chorus to make it more radio-friendly when it hits i'm assuming.

judas verses > chorus

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Let's be real, if the song was by any other pop girl/hag, their respective stans would be praising it too. But it's by Gaga so anyone who isn't a fan of her thinks the song is shit, not really a surprise.
To be fair it's not like this is unique to Gaga.

Kyon

Banned
Let's be real, if the song was by any other pop girl/hag, their respective stans would be praising it too. But it's by Gaga so anyone who isn't a fan of her thinks the song is shit, not really a surprise.

Not sure where you're getting at here.. This applies to anyone :/

Mumei

I listened to the new Gaga song (take that, Royalan) and... Sigh.

Can we bring back The Fame / The Fame Monster Gaga? Please? Even BTW Gaga would be acceptable if I could get things more in the vein of MTN, You and I, or the Edge of Glory and not Judas or Born This Way.

I see y'all still haven't updated the OP.

Oop.

Unnecessary. I gave further notice.

Fey

Banned
this woman never commits.

that judas video reminds me how much i liked the song...until that generic chorus. the chorus sounds like it doesn't fit in with the rest of the track. different beat, different voice, tone etc.

and with this burqa ting again she switches to a more friendly chorus to make it more radio-friendly when it hits i'm assuming.

judas verses > chorus

this is my problem with both songs, too. the verses in both songs are fierce, and then she suddenly gets all wimpy in the chorus. >.>

Partition

Banned
I listened to the new Gaga song (take that, Royalan) and... Sigh.

Can we bring back The Fame / The Fame Monster Gaga? Please? Even BTW Gaga would be acceptable if I could get things more in the vein of MTN, You and I, or the Edge of Glory and not Judas or Born This Way.

Eh, I wouldn't want her to trade her new sound for the world. I gave her discography a listen after having Aura on repeat for 24 hours, and TF/TFM especially sound extremely flat and basic now.

Kyon

Banned
Eh, I wouldn't want her to trade her new sound for the world. I gave her discography a listen after having Aura on repeat for 24 hours, and TF/TFM especially sound extremely flat and basic now.

Think you're saying basic when you probably mean less chaotic. The beat for Burqa is crazy compared to those songs but that doesn't mean they are basic.

Partition

Banned
Think you're saying basic when you probably mean less chaotic. The beat for Burqa is crazy compared to those songs but that doesn't mean they are basic.

Well yeah, I suppose I just got used to the more layered production that more her simplistic work doesn't appeal to me as much.

And can people stop calling it Burqa? It's Aura
gagamad.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom