• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

BURQA is amazing.

ibnPay24C3hYn5.gif

Educate Leona.
Where in my blubbering praise did I say anything about ha voice? The song is amazing, and she doesn't bring it down (unlike a certain #Beautiful).

And roy-boo, you can come for her enunciation, but don't pretend that early Mariah Carey-era Mimi wasn't excessively regal and forced in her delivery of certain words. The album version of "Vanishing" is almost Glee-like in its vocal teacher delivery sometimes.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Oh its called Aura now? All these name changes are messing up my last.fm
yZiuRLn.jpg

I think I've made my mind up in regards to the tracks on Body Music

Good Shit:
Bad Idea, Best Be Believing, Indestructible, Kaleidoscope Love, Lost & Found, Superstar, Your Drums Your Love, You Know You Like It

Palatable:
Body Music, Diver, Friends to Lovers, Just a Touch, B Ur Boo, Outlines, Put Up Your Hands,

Not worthy:
This is How we do it, Watching Over You, We Are Chosen,

Even the lower tier songs aren't bad, they're just not to my taste. Such a great album
This + Azealia + Annie + Gaga
+ Selena
will make my summer I think

Trigger

Oh its called Aura now? All these name changes are messing up my last.fm
yZiuRLn.jpg

I think I've made my mind up in regards to the tracks on Body Music

Good Shit:
Bad Idea, Best Be Believing, Indestructible, Kaleidoscope Love, Lost & Found, Superstar, Your Drums Your Love, You Know You Like It

Palatable:
Body Music, Diver, Friends to Lovers, Just a Touch, B Ur Boo, Outlines, Put Up Your Hands,

Not worthy:
This is How we do it, Watching Over You, We Are Chosen,

I can agRih with this assessment.

Majmun

Don't tell Rihanna: Fans more Crazy in Love with Beyonce as V Festival demand doubles

Demand to see the Bootylicious songstress in action outstrips the draw of Rihanna in 2011 by 2:1 and is 83 per cent higher than Nicki Minaj in 2012

Online ticket marketplace viagogo has revealed that demand for tickets to see the former Destiny's Child star is outstripping 2011’s headliner Rihanna by 2:1.

Furthermore, ticket searches for this year’s festival are 83 per cent higher than at the same time in 2012, when Nicki Minaj took to the main stage alongside The Killers and Snow Patrol.

Slay, Bey

Just effortless
id154D88W1otU.gif

PopGAF may be bleeding edge, but I don't think this has been dropped in here:

Group: Capital Cities (LA based synthpop duo)
Album: In A Tidal Wave of Mystery
Song: Farrah Fawcett Hair
Year: 2013

The high point of the album, it features Andre 3000, snippets of NPR's Frank Tavares for the main vocals, and guest, Shemika Secrest, for the chorus.

https://soundcloud.com/capital-cities/farrah-fawcett-hair-ft-andr

http://open.spotify.com/track/0zR5QeOKnLlxjfpH2Iwq1N

^ Song isn't up on YT. Sawwee.

Fey

Banned

The high point of the album, it features Andre 3000, snippets of NPR's Frank Tavares for the main vocals, and guest, Shemika Secrest, for the chorus.

I really enjoyed this album and FFH is good stuff.

S&S and Origami are personal favourites.

Majmun

Best Employers Ever? Beyonce and Jay-Z 'Dish Out £4.2 Million In Staff Bonuses'

Superstar couple Beyonce and Jay-Z have shown that they may just be the best bosses in Hollywood as they rewarded their staff with £30,000 bonus each, according to reports.

The successful duo rewarded their full-time staff of 80 with a very generous bonus that saw the singer fork out a massive alleged £2.4 million.

Owning three US homes, everyone that worked within them was rewarded and even staff at the 40/40 Club got in on the action with no-one being left out, claims suggest.

Best Bosses EVER

I wonder if Rihanna received a bonus as well
iV8usLvuVH697.gif

Trigger

Thanks for posting this.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

the song you linked is really good, but what is with the random talking bits? Though it was some radio rip at first with the dj talking

Will get into the album in a bit

edit; the songs are all greyed out, does that mean I can't listen to them in the UK? I don't ever use spotify so I am clueless
ilTf0jPqRbHrM.gif

Mumei

Where in my blubbering praise did I say anything about ha voice? The song is amazing, and she doesn't bring it down (unlike a certain #Beautiful).

*narrows eyes*

You win this round.

And roy-boo, you can come for her enunciation, but don't pretend that early Mariah Carey-era Mimi wasn't excessively regal and forced in her delivery of certain words. The album version of "Vanishing" is almost Glee-like in its vocal teacher delivery sometimes.

Mariah has always had good diction, and her choices - whether clearly enunciated or not - were intentional. And Vanishing is flawless.

Eh, I wouldn't want her to trade her new sound for the world. I gave her discography a listen after having Aura on repeat for 24 hours, and TF/TFM especially sound extremely flat and basic now.

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

Matt_

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

I'm intrigued. If Mariah came out with a really heavy EDM album, that featured some of her best vocals, would you stan?

the song you linked is really good, but what is with the random talking bits? Though it was some radio rip at first with the dj talking

Will get into the album in a bit

www.npr.org/people/2101277/frank-tavares

Freelance Funding Credits Announcer

Frank Tavares is the voice of NPR's News underwriters. Dozens of times a day, he's heard reading the names of the organizations, corporations, and individuals who contribute to the funding of NPR's news programs. This includes newscasts, Morning Edition, Weekend Edition, All Things Considered, Fresh Air, The Diane Rehm Show, and Talk of the Nation.

As for the other random people, some of them sound like field recordings or could be cuts from a talk radio program, like This American Life. The song is a celebration of nostalgia and the underrated moments in life that put a smile on our face. The absurd aural collage execution reminds me a little bit of Avalanches "Frontier Psychiatry".

FFH aside, I also liked Kangaroo Court (took a minute to grow on me), and Origami. I Sold My Bed, But Not My Stereo sounds like the kind of absurd but earnest song you'd hear from one of the pop stations on GTA III.

edit; the songs are all greyed out, does that mean I can't listen to them in the UK? I don't ever use spotify so I am clueless

Greyed out songs could be one of two things:

- Licensing issues with artist/label.
- Tracks are only available for premium subscribers.

In the case of this album, it has to be the latter, because I was able to listen to all the songs.

Matt_

www.npr.org/people/2101277/frank-tavares

As for the other random people, some of them sound like field recordings or could be cuts from a talk radio program, like This American Life. The song is a celebration of nostalgia and the underrated moments in life that put a smile on our face. The absurd aural collage execution reminds me a little bit of Avalanches "Frontier Psychiatry".

FFH aside, I also liked Kangaroo Court (took a minute to grow on me), and Origami. I Sold My Bed, But Not My Stereo sounds like the kind of absurd but earnest song you'd hear from one of the pop stations on GTA III.

TBH I've given the song a few more listens and the speaking doesn't bother me at all
Giving the album a listen now, like what I'm hearing so far

Kyon

Banned
Not sure Applause will debut @ #1 in two days also not sure when the start counting streaming and YouTube. Also what's BL?

cory64

Well then it already outsold like his entire discography.

Actually, no. I was surprised to see:
It easily surpasses his previous largest frame, when 2008's "Something Else" launched at No. 3 with 137,000.

and The Evolution of Robin Thicke went platinum

edit: wait, BL is still picking up steam on iTunes. Katy and Gaga are screwed.
Blurred Lines - 405,000 (4.3m total)
We Can't Stop 173,000
Holy Grail 162,000
Radioactive 155,000; down 3%
Cups 110,000
Cruise 108,000
Get Lucky 103,000
Safe and Sound 103,000
Wake Me Up! 100,000
Same Love 97,000

(One Direction's "Best Song Ever," meanwhile, tumbles 1-12 on the chart with 91,000, down 72%).

Bladenic

Actually, no. I was surprised to see:

and The Evolution of Robin Thicke went platinum

edit: wait, BL is still picking up steam on iTunes. Katy and Gaga are screwed.
Blurred Lines - 405,000 (4.3m total)
We Can't Stop 173,000
Holy Grail 162,000
Radioactive 155,000; down 3%
Cups 110,000
Cruise 108,000
Get Lucky 103,000
Safe and Sound 103,000
Wake Me Up! 100,000
Same Love 97,000

(One Direction's "Best Song Ever," meanwhile, tumbles 1-12 on the chart with 91,000, down 72%).

Lol I was being sarcastic. I know the album around Lost Without You was platinum and the one after did ok. But the ones before Evolution and after the one you mentioned were flops, pretty sure.

And SLAY at Milord Cyrus still selling with God Can't Stop. Radio can stay mad.

And Cups and ESPECIALLY Cruise still selling. What kind of incredible longevity?

royalan

There's a Vine video going viral right now that pretty much guarantees that Blurred Lines ain't going anywhere Anytime soon.

Aguila

#ICONIC
So the LORDe had her first US show yesterday to rave reviews. Her stage presence is great and she really knows how to sing live. Watch ha possible new single White Teeth Teens live.

This girlie is going to EXPLODE soon *.*

Royals is 14 and her EP is 17 on itunes with absolutely no promo and radio is slowly but surely picking her up (ala Somebody That I Used To Know)

BOW to the next alternative queen

i9HIPRtgDFNvp.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
So the LORDe had her first US show yesterday to rave reviews. Her stage presence is great and she really knows how to sing live. Watch ha possible new single White Teeth Teens live.

This girlie is going to EXPLODE soon *.*

Royals is 14 and her EP is 17 on itunes with absolutely no promo and radio is slowly but surely picking her up (ala Somebody That I Used To Know)

BOW to the next alternative queen

i9HIPRtgDFNvp.gif

I like the sedative teas she is giving me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom