• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

I can't find a bigger version:

13UAAIM69359.170x170-75.jpg

ew

Oh dear.

I hope the song lives up to the flawless promo its gotten so far.

I'm getting a bad feeling...

royalan

In typical Beyonce VMA fashion she's going to perform something from her tour. There will probably be more dancers, but other than that it'll be unchanged.

My guess? It'll be the Grown Woman number she does on her tour, only it'll be 50 dancers instead of the usual 10 or whatever she has.

Mumei

That Roar cover is ... unfortunate.

In typical Beyonce VMA fashion she's going to perform something from her tour. There will probably be more dancers, but other than that it'll be unchanged.

My guess? It'll be the Grown Woman number she does on her tour, only it'll be 50 dancers instead of the usual 10 or whatever she has.

Your expertise in all things Beyoncé must truly be inspiring for her stans.

Trigger

Mmmhmm.

And there still won't be a release date for the song.
ibwFuvakgRaCBi.gif

royalan

If she was going to burn the iconic blue wig, she could have at least replaced with a style just as fierce. This looks like she just put some mousse in her hair, gave it a shake and hit the road.

That Roar cover is ... unfortunate.

Your expertise in all things Beyoncé must truly be inspiring for her stans.

As I've said before: I hate because I once loved. It's a terrible burden, really. ;___;

botty

Banned
Want to see relentless slayage?

The Male Mariah Carey, Robin Thicke, is currently #1 on all these charts:

The Hot 100
Billboard 200
On-Demand Songs
Digiyal Albums
Radio Songs
Digital songs
Songs of the Summer
Ringtones
Tastemakers Albums
Pop Songs
Hot R and B /Hip-Hop songs
R and B /Hip-Hop Airplay
R and B /Hip-Hop Digital songs
R and Hot R and B /Hip-Hop songs
R andB /Hip-Hop Streaming songs
R and B songs
R and B Streaming songs
Top R and B Albums
R and B Albums
Billboard Canadian Hot 100
Canadian Albums

Slay a bit.

ibtNaue60zmASc.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
Rihanna in November?

The tireless Rihanna does not want to give up the hectic pace that characterizes his music releases and after the success of " Unapologetic "and a little break from Diamonds World Tour , Riri is planning to release a new album later this year.
The new material will be worked in the next few weeks and probably will materialize in November in the eighth disc of his career (!). (google tranlsated)

MTV.it

...in November?

ibsGro7glVYTLI.gif

Hope Beyonce sticks with that look for more than just an afternoon. I love her iconic mane, but she can roll with an edgy look for a little while. I can see her strutting and dutty wining with that coiffe, lookin' fierce. I'm with Roy Roy on that one.

That Roar cover is dire. The contrast between that and the Applause cover.... this is like Born This Way Gaga all over again.

And that Roar snippet only confirmed to me that this song will at least partially sound like every other song on the radio since 2010. Great.

OOOH OOH OH OH OH OH OHHHHHHHH

Fey

Banned
Roar cover is giving me BTW album cover teas, which is probably why I detest it so much. That awful, "3D" style font hasn't settled with me since.

Mumei

And it isn't slowing down.

1. ROBIN THICKE – Blurred Lines f/Pharrell & T.I: 272.249 (+2.006)

Damn.

You know, I'm sort of surprised that this song and this singer hit the zeitgeist like this. Somehow I would have expected one of the more established radio heavyweights to have a real break-out like this.

botty

Banned

Damn.

You know, I'm sort of surprised that this song and this singer hit the zeitgeist like this. Somehow I would have expected one of the more established radio heavyweights to have a real break-out like this.

It's an anomaly on all fronts. And I do find it kind of ironically funny that the biggest urban hit of all time is by a white guy.

Damn.

All thanks to the only remaining reality singing competition that creates real stars.

duets-e1335627048945.jpg

ibwFuvakgRaCBi.gif

Blurred Lines is indescribably catchy. I thought it sounded too weird for me at first, now I can barely stop myself from bopping at work when it comes on.

botty

Banned
That's quite a feat. I wish I "got it". I love loving things, but I just don't care for Thicke.

It's just a good time song that appeals to a lot of people. It sounds like stuff from the past so older folks like it, but then its still phresh (thanks to Pharell) so young people like it. The catchy hooks also helped it become a fad track, which boosts its popularity as well.

royalan

As surprising as Blurred Lines' success is (and it IS a shocker), we really shouldn't have been surprised.

Regardless of its quality (although I personally think it's a bop), BL really is the perfect Summer song, released at the perfect time, with the perfect video.

I think what's surprising is that it came from Robin Thicke, of all people.

BL is the song that Justin has been trying to make all this year with 20/20.

cory64

From what I understand Blurred Lines is about a girl with magical jeans that can deliver pc games to millions of people around the world. It may also be a dog training guide.

So, I haven't actually heard Blurred Lines beyond the piece in that Beats commercial. I'm kind of enjoying it. (enjoying not having heard the song)

DMeisterJ

Banned
As surprising as Blurred Lines' success is (and it IS a shocker), we really shouldn't have been surprised.

Regardless of its quality (although I personally think it's a bop), BL really is the perfect Summer song, released at the perfect time, with the perfect video.

I think what's surprising is that it came from Robin Thicke, of all people.

Justine has been TRYING and FAILING to have a Blurred Lines type of song. Poor him.

I bet he actually hates them lines.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

As much as I think BL is a ba$ic, offensive piece of shit, I completely disagree. BL is a three four minute radio-friendly bop, JT has been putting out down-tempo jazzy numbers and 8 minute epics. He's obviously not sweating to create a BL. And we know that when he actually does try to create radio-friendly bops (SexyBack, My Love, LoveStoned/I Think She Knows) they completely shit on BL.

I didn't even get into 20/20 much, too bloated and too few bops for me, but it's clear from the singles that he isn't trying for a BL.

royalan

As much as I think BL is a ba$ic, offensive piece of shit, I completely disagree. BL is a three minute radio bop, JT has been putting out down-tempo jazzy numbers and 8 minute epics. He's obviously not sweating to create a BL. And we know that when he actually does try to create radio-friendly bops (SexyBack, My Love, LoveStoned/I Think She Knows) they completely shit on BL.

I didn't even get into 20/20 much but it's clear from the singles that he isn't trying for a BL.

What do you think Take Back The Night is?

And I don't think length of JT's songs matters because they get chopped up for radio anyway. And considering he's force-fed all of his singles with payola and timed video releases, I think it's pretty obvious that he is going for a neo-soul/pop bop that smashes in the exact same way BL has.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
What do you think Take Back The Night is?

And I don't think length of JT's songs matters because they get chopped up for radio anyway. And considering he's force-fed all of his singles with payola and timed video releases, I think it's pretty obvious that he is going for a neo-soul/pop bop that smashes in the exact same way BL has.

So your evidence that JT is sweating for a BL style smash 'all year' is his fourth single? Not sure how that computes. Even then TBTN is much more laid back than BL. If anything I would say that he's trying to ride Get Lucky's coattails.

royalan

So your evidence that JT is sweating for a BL style smash 'all year' is his fourth single? Not sure how that computes. Even then TBTN is much more laid back than BL. If anything I would say that he's trying to ride Get Lucky's coattails.

No, I'm just using TBTN because it's his most recent single. I think he was going for the same type of hit with Suit & Tie (I'm just less offended by TBTN as I was by S&T).

And I'm not so much comparing the sound and structure of BL and Justin's singles, or even who's better
(although Robin is, clearly)
. But both JT and Robin Thicke make Neo-Soul; that's the genre they're both operating in right now. I'm just noting that, while Justin has made the most obvious attempts at big radio success with that genre of music, it was Robin Thicke with BL that actually achieved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom