• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
I'm sure I'm not the only one that finds those kinds of posts by her vaguely creepy and cult-ish.

VOMIT

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I'm sure I'm not the only one that finds those kinds of posts by her vaguely creepy and cult-ish.

VOMIT

kind of, but after what Deadmau5 received today I dont blame her for trying

ibcp7OQNpiStOC.gif

cory64

The first time I heard Lady Gaga (and she was almost always referred to, with full formality, as Lady Gaga back then) it was in a mashup between Just Dance and Sweet Dreams and upon hearing such a potent pop knockout I was in love. I would say after about maybe an hour or two of digesting what I could find of her on the internet I decided to buy The Fame and was thoroughly punched (yes, all the way through because I was still in high school and honestly hadn't been exposed to something so in love with pop before). You have to remember that in 2008 her style was notable because she had a style that was more than just "fashionable," it was quirky and very few non-fringe acts had delved into that in recent memory. As it happened, The Fame became something of a soundtrack to my senior year, at least as a complement to Bloc Party's melodramatic Intimacy. All of this was before she really took off; I'm not just saying that to be a hipster, it's a necessary part of how I experienced her and how I view her now. Oddly enough, once Just Dance became a national bop I didn't feel like she had abandoned me like I had with other artists, it really felt like she had to become big. She titled her album The Fame for fuck's sake. It didn't even feel like she had abandoned me when my own mother asked me to put "that Poker Face song" on her iPod. She still listens to Poker Face despite neither her or Gaga being the same person as 4 years ago. I want to say it was around the time of the LoveGame video that she started to click, i.e. "Oh, GAGA." If not that then it was definitely a combination of the Paparazzi video and her Glastonbury performance. Specifically the segues of her Glasto set, the life-givingness she imparted to the crowd, that is something she has not lost with her live shows over the years. All she needs is a crowd. I had seen that she was capable of bops and had a cool style, but that summer she became a pop STAR, culminating in her career-defining performance of Paparazzi at the VMAs. That year's awards also contained a career-defining performance from Kanye West, which is not only notable on its own, but would also serve as one of the cracks of the Fame Kills tour. Around this time, I just couldn't get enough of the bitch, tried to find every demo I could get my hands on. She was everything. Truly. After the VMAs through the release of The Fame Monster I don't think I have ever been so invested in something as I was in Gaga. And it wasn't weird then, being a fan; the cult didn't exist then and the biggest backlash she faced was a bunch of silly rumors about her dick. Another high point in this period was her SNL performance, when we got our first glimpse of Bad Romance, which appeared to be a few weeks away but Gaga isn't one to waste promo like the Beyst so she (probably ) leaked the demo to end all demos shortly after. I was absolutely slayed by that, I probably wouldn't have even cared if she announced she retired then during that week when I didn't listen to anything but the Bad Romance demo. She gave me no reason to turn away.

END OF PART I

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I believe that maroon will be very big this fall.

Are you Chloë Sevigny?

Drag a bit Deadmau5

@deadmau5 6m
what the actual ****? [Removed link NSFW] if some idiot howls in the woods and noones around, does it make a sound? MYTH BUSTED!

@deadmau5 6m
sorry, my previous link contains titties. ****.... in fact, not really safe for anything.

@deadmau5 4m
im inspired... gunna go bark at the moon for a bit, get back in the studio, bark at my computer screen and make duck noises. im an ARTIST!

AFTER TONS OF HATE TWEETS FROM THE LITTLE MONSTERS...

deadmau5 ‏@deadmau5 8m
wow... all these tweets telling me to kill myself. the lilttle [sic.] monsters are pro suicide or something? not sure what to make of that.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Not a fan, clearly.

Not saying I see much of merit in that video beyond the meditative aspect (most of it was just random imagery to me) but the instant "mock the artist, not what they're doing" thing is so lazy and obvious, I'm surprised he tweeted that at all.

Vazra

Not a fan, clearly.

Not saying I see much of merit in that video beyond the meditative aspect (most of it was just random imagery to me) but the instant "mock the artist, not what they're doing" thing is so lazy and obvious, I'm surprised he tweeted that at all.

The one wearing a Mouse head talking about art. (Lets not forget tacky Tattoos)

Vazra

4b1084087c605c82b911098a5abe7d5b.png

Zedd lol

wizcalliefa ‏@ontarioglow
@deadmau5 Oh please. Anyone can press buttons and call it music.

deadmau5 ‏@deadmau5
@ontarioglow of course anyone can... and so i did. problem?

its just keeps going lord

Partition

Banned
Deadmau5 clearly hates pop in general though. We all know how hard he was on Madonna...

He has a huge ego for someone that doesn't know how to make a unique dance track if it landed in his lap.

Vazra

Marvyn GaGa | マービン ‏@MarvynGaGa
@deadmau5 @aquazara please get run over by the PRISM truck

deadmau5 ‏@deadmau5
@MarvynGaGa @aquazara i dont even know what that is. what is that?

Golden Night.
TadkV.gif

If the drama had a gif it would be this.
tumblr_mr2ugdktoP1r3gb3zo1_400.gif

Nemesis_

I think more importantly, why is Katy working with Dr Luke? I was under the impression that contractually he wasn't actually able to work with her?

Deadmau5 clearly hates pop in general though. We all know how hard he was on Madonna...

He has a huge ego for someone that doesn't know how to make a unique dance track if it landed in his lap.

Deadmau5 is a huge douche, he's so unlikeable for someone that isn't that very good. I do have a bias against EDM though, but he's still a douche.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
That Just Dance/ Sweet Dreams mash up is giving me life

edit; I really wonder what Gaga is going to do at the VMAs

Partition

Banned
That Just Dance/ Sweet Dreams mash up is giving me life

edit; I really wonder what Gaga is going to do at the VMAs

Marina (the other chick in the nude video) is directing her performance, and I'm pretty sure she will be hanging from wires given her sketch. It will be interesting indeed.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Marina (the other chick in the nude video) is directing her performance, and I'm pretty sure she will be hanging from wires given her sketch. It will be interesting indeed.

She'll be suspended you say?

ibxCPK1wPgCDvm.gif

edit; I'd kill to go see a joint Bey and Jay Z tour
Why she just sat her ass down and looked the other way though don't know
Oh she got up eventually, then started imitating rihanna? I don't even

Matt_

Oh joy, just what we need. More Pharrell

zvmwrst.gif

Mumei

While 'scribe is busy at the moment, I'll comment. I love this. I always wondered how Beyonce would hold up to a real raw-power singer, so I'm glad the mic feed of the performance further highlights this. I've had discussions with other stans trying to downplay Beyonce's abilities and claimed JHud held back, which is clearly not the case.

Oh, yes. And JHud has a dramatic voice, so it should have been a redux of Patti and Mariah in that Got To Be Real performance.

JHud hasn't got Patti's chops, though, and we hear what happened.

Staaaaaaaaan

I love ha.

I love Corinne Bailey Rae. I should get her CD.

More than 10 years later, and at 2-3 in the morning, Daria episodes still give me life.

2W6yXFF.gif

Oh, Daria. I used to catch it once in awhile, but I never really knew when it was going to be on. By the time I started watching it, it didn't really seem to have a regular time slot. She spoke to my misanthropy and bitterness. <3

She looks great, although, her hair is weirdly similar looking to mine.

My...power?

Let's see a picture.

Vazra

You should! Some of her best songs aren't singles, and she could use the coins.

All her stuff its on spotify and all its flawless. She needs to release something now and indeed we should on a principle give her coins.

ea544a64000f11e39c2822000a1fbe4c_7.jpg

Florence... :Biblio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom