• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
When You Put Your Hands On Me

I need to relisten to debut. I listened to it maybe...two months ago, and realized "Love Will Find a Way," reminds me of old school Mariah. Maybe the album just didn't click with me all those years ago. Might be better than I thought.

Phreaker

iS79MA3snJ3pO.png

Yaaaaaaaaas

Trigger

I'm happy Nicki toned down her looks this year. She looks so much better.

Mau ®;75585419 said:

QUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

ibeJmzJbI2RV0n.gif

Mau ®

The first confirmation of "Unapologetic" came from a tweet from a french radio station tho.

Ya'll know it could happen. Be pRIHpared.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Mau ®;75588171 said:
The first confirmation of "Unapologetic" came from a tweet from a french radio station tho.

Well, yeah, it could happen, but four sources all citing one source citing nothing specific don't really inspire a bunch of confidence in the news.

cory64

Mau ®;75588171 said:

Unapologetic was expected because she wasn't touring and TTT was originally just a rerelease. This year, idk.

Phreaker

Mau ®;75585419 said:
The RIHports are now surfacing!

It appears Rihanna's 8th album is coming this november!

It's becoming a yearly event, like Call of Duty. Not that I'm not excited, she always has a couple song per album I use.

Trigger

Mau ®;75588171 said:

I'm ready to believe, sis. *.*

#MysticMau

DMeisterJ

Banned
When was Unapologetic announced?

September, after the Diamonds World Tour was announced. Talk That Talk was announced after the (scrapped) Loud RihRelease was announced. This announcement (if true) will have literally came from thin air, and with Unapologetic, we had info that she was recording throughout the summer from various producers. We haven't had that for this (rumored) Rih8nna.

Mau ®

Unapologetic was expected because she wasn't touring and TTT was originally just a rerelease. This year, idk.

It wasn't expected. She even said early that year she wasn't releasing an album.

Rihanna's albums are spur of the moments. She's said so herself.

I think it'd be a good idea for Rihanna to wait a while before her next album. As good as her single sales are, I'm pretty sure she'd like to have an album that goes more than just 1X platinum. Could you imagine how big Talk That Talk would've been if she waited a while and dropped We Found Love or Where Have you Been on us. The same with Loud and Only Girl. Personally, I think Loud was an album that deserved to go 5X platinum.

September, after the Diamonds World Tour was announced. Talk That Talk was announced after the (scrapped) Loud RihRelease was announced. This announcement (if true) will have literally came from thin air, and with Unapologetic, we had info that she was recording throughout the summer from various producers. We haven't had that for this (rumored) Rih8nna.

Yeah, if there isn't any indication that she's been recording then an album announcement would be highly unlikely. Though it'd be fun to see all three new school queens duke it out during the holiday season.

botty

Banned
I think it'd be a good idea for Rihanna to wait a while before her next album. As good as her single sales are, I'm pretty sure she'd like to have an album that goes more than just 1X platinum. Could you imagine how big Talk That Talk would've been if she waited a while and dropped We Found Love or Where Have you Been on us. The same with Loud and Only Girl. Personally, I think Loud was an album that deserved to go 5X platinum.

No...

Part of Rihanna's selling point is that her teams are always on the nose when it comes to radio trends. She is always putting out "current" singles, but that is also why people say her sound fizzles out quickly. But that doesn't matter when she always has a yearly release just in time for black friday.

It's really surprising that she picked Right Now as the third single. Her first two singles really stood on their own on radio, but Right Now is like the Ford Taurus of mainstream song structure. There's literally nothing authentic about it. She should have gone with Pour It Up or No Love Allowed, paired it with a shocking video, and slayed.

And no Billboard, People Like Us should NOT have replaced Catch My Breath as the lead single. The latter is great and the former is not.

No...

Part of Rihanna's selling point is that her teams are always on the nose when it comes to radio trends. She is always putting out "current" singles, but that is also why people say her sound fizzles out quickly. But that doesn't matter when she always has a yearly release just in time for black friday.

You make a point, I figure We Found Love probably wouldn't have been as big if it came this late into the whole EDM craze as it did. I still feel like Loud though could've been just as successful or even more so if she had waited though, since that sound is still around. Also, I really liked Loud

botty

Banned
Talking about Your Body
2095c354.gif

Which charted way higher than People Like Us...

iqWQzpyirTqck.gif

You make a point, I figure We Found Love probably wouldn't have been as big if it came this late into the whole EDM craze as it did. I still feel like Loud though could've been just as successful or even more so if she had waited though, since that sound is still around. Also, I really liked Loud

Yes, a perfect example of this is Rihanna's single "Right Now." A EDM track that no one is here for.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
It's pretty basic but it's cute enough. Really hope she takes off though, I like her voice and she's fierce as fuck

Trigger

I love my Glee Queen Naya, but that song just isn't it.

fu2GhUa.gif

There's a fine line between chill and flat. The chorus is pretty weak and that Big Sean verse is unneeded garbage. It doesn't really go anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom