• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then she does one album without them and gets banished to legacy act limbo.

A shame tbh. They're still letting the should-have-been-flashes-in-the-pan-by-all-laws-of sense pop princesses form 1999 kick around, and even more tragically, Avril is still legally allowed to release music, but legends like Janet are relegated to once upon a time status.

Rhythm Nation? When will your favs?

B-Dex

waiT this tweet:

KHIA ‏@QueenKhia 2h
Kelly Osbourne and her crimson chin leaked it.

NOT DJWS trolling

iFUGSvjMfGFff.gif

royalan

And then she does one album without them and gets banished to legacy act limbo.

Awful to even think about. ;_____;

Speaking of Janet, let's just spare a moment for how flawless videography?

Love Will Never Do -- To this day I don't think any pop starlet has managed to look more radiant than Janet does in this video. Janet is simply breathtaking in every scene and the video is gorgeously shot. So editorial. And young Djimon Honsou...hnnnnggg

9Z9gVv4.jpg

Runaway - one of my favorite Janet songs and probably my favorite video, strangely enough. Demonstrated her ability to step outside of your typical "glamour" videos and into something truly iconic and conceptual. She became pop royalty with videos like this.

The Pleasure Principle - What needs to be said? Redefined the very idea of choreography in a music video for untold generations to come. Every pop starlet who does choreo in their music videos would go on to list this video as inspiration.

Anytime, Anyplace - I don't think a sexier video exists in the world. Point blank period.

And for good measure, let's watch her slay the VMAs.

Love Will Never Do -- To this day I don't think any pop starlet has managed to look more radiant than Janet does in this video. Janet is simply breathtaking in every scene and the video is gorgeously shot. So editorial. And young Djimon Honsou...hnnnnggg

9Z9gVv4.jpg

Runaway - one of my favorite Janet songs and probably my favorite video, strangely enough. Demonstrated her ability to step outside of your typical "glamour" videos and into something truly iconic and conceptual. She became pop royalty with videos like this.

The Pleasure Principle - What needs to be said? Redefined the idea of a choreography in a music video for untold generations to come. Every pop starlet who does choreo in their music videos would go on to list this video as inspiration.

Anytime, Anyplace - I don't think a sexier video exists in the world. Point blank period.

I actually looked for a "like" button. Bless this post.

cory64

9Z9gVv4.jpg

The Pleasure Principle - What needs to be said? Redefined the very idea of choreography in a music video for untold generations to come. Every pop starlet who does choreo in their music videos would go on to list this video as inspiration.

And let's not forget the incredible graphic design on the Runaway cover:
tuZ4gyZ.jpg

Icicle

A fucking MESS.

More than half of my posts in PopGAF are about Janet, and every single one of them is paid absolute dust.

Someone declares today "Velvet Rope" throwback day and suddenly ya'll come out of the woodwork to shower praise on her?

Not going to lie, fuming a bit over here.

iQGIZ98uu6fR.gif

I suppose I shouldn't complain as long as Janet is getting the respect she deserves (even if it's only for one page).

royalan

A fucking MESS.

More than half of my posts in PopGAF are about Janet, and every single one of them is paid absolute dust.

Someone declares today "Velvet Rope" throwback day and suddenly ya'll come out of the woodwork to shower praise on her?

Not going to lie, fuming a bit over here.

iQGIZ98uu6fR.gif

I suppose I shouldn't complain as long as Janet is getting the respect she deserves (even if it's only for one page).

Awww sis! You know I <3<3<3 you for holding down Janet. *.*

cory64

Cheer up, Icicle. She is a Legend and it does not matter if PG puts her on the back burner most of the time.

editL That cover's nice.

Icicle

Awww sis! You know I <3<3<3 you for holding down Janet. *.*
Thanks, sis. I appreciate your kind words, but sometimes it doesn't feel like it (not specifically you, but PopGAF in general).

Cheer up, Icicle. She is a Legend and it does not matter if PG puts her on the back burner most of the time.

I'll try. Sometimes I just wonder if it's worth it for me to post stuff, because nobody ever seems to read or respond to what I write. If I write something about Janet, Brandy, Ciara, Crystal Kay, or some of my other faves, my post is almost guaranteed to be ignored.

It's just frustrating that nobody seems to care about some of the people I really enjoy. I don't see the point in having a "discussion" that begins and ends with me.

I really enjoy this community, but I find it quite depressing that nobody cares about what you have to say unless it's about Beyonce, Gaga, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift or Lana Del Ray. Occasionally discussion will temporarily include Britney, Christina, Mariah, Kelly, Ellie, and a select few other artists, but those tangents are few and short-lived. Anyone else besides an act that just released a new song or album is basically a waste of time.

=/

botty

Banned
I read all your post, Icicle. I don't respond to all of them, though. I pay close attention to your CK tea, but I do worry if anything will come of it in the end.

OK, everybody say something nice about Janet for our sister Icicle.

I'll start: She's Michael's sister.

Rhythm Nation 1814 still gives me EVER LASTING LYFE.

Thanks, sis. I appreciate your kind words, but sometimes it doesn't feel like it (not specifically you, but PopGAF in general).

I'll try. Sometimes I just wonder if it's worth it for me to post stuff, because nobody ever seems to read or respond to what I write. If I write something about Janet, Brandy, Ciara, Crystal Kay, or some of my other faves, my post is almost guaranteed to be ignored.

It's just frustrating that nobody seems to care about some of the people I really enjoy. I don't see the point in having a "discussion" that begins and ends with me.

I really enjoy this community, but I find it quite depressing that nobody cares about what you have to say unless it's about Beyonce, Gaga, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift or Lana Del Ray. Occasionally discussion will temporarily include Britney, Christina, Mariah, Kelly, Ellie, and a select few other artists, but those tangents are few and short-lived. Anyone else besides an act that just released a new song or album is basically a waste of time.

=/
I love your CK posts :/ I aways want to compliment them with posts about her BFF Beni because tbh I go in hard for Beni too and it is always wasted unless I go to Arama. But then I have to mingle with the trash that hang around there.

I mostly listen to indie (indie~) acts with Japanese supplements so I feel the pain.

royalan

=/

i6FSmprPhjWSo.gif

I feel bad, because I honestly should engage your posts more. I don't know why I don't - I think your taste is absolutely flawless. ;____;

I <3 all of my PopGAF sistren, but you and I especially click over a mutual love for 90s R&B divas, AND Crystal Kay (who I'm definitely checking for).

That, and your clockings are the stuff of legend....and a little scary.

xaosslug

=/

that's basically the nature of pop as a genre and pop culture in general, tho. If your fave isn't what's happening, then oh well. *shrug*

luckily for me, my fave STAYS keeping nearly every other stanbase mad, and remains relevanT through flop singles/albums what have you. What kind of unbreakable flower?
6unzWjA.gif

royalan

Xao-sis!

Where the hell have you been!?

Have you SEEN how Christina has been looking lately!? Have you GLIMPSED the flawlessnes!?!?

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
But wait just a minute

#Ro
yals
is a bop

Let me be your ruler (ruler),
You can call me queen B
And baby I'll rule, I'll rule, I'll rule, I'll rule.
Let me live that fantasy.

isVmt7QYO5oft.gif

Kyon

Banned
Can I just say you're all just so FAB

We're so DIVERSE and UNIQUE.

Other stanbases wish they could be so free of FLAWS and band together on days like this.

ibc7G4hubkF08I.gif

Damn, so that "pop culture was in art" snippet actually IS in Applause. Fuuuuuck. I wasn't expecting that. I seriously thought it was a separate snippet of the title song.

I uh... really hope I don't dislike the song. lol

EDIT: Applause still trending worldwide on Twitter. People are thirsTy

Trigger

Damn, so that "pop culture was in art" snippet actually IS in Applause. Fuuuuuck. I wasn't expecting that. I seriously thought it was a separate snippet of the title song.

Soulscribe pls

It's new Gaga. I can already feel the essay on how Gaga redefined pop with Applause coming.
<3

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

EDIT: Applause still trending worldwide on Twitter. People are thirsTy

Going by the snippets let me see if I can patch this song together

i stand here waiting
for you to bang the gong
to crash the critic saying:
is it right or is it wrong?

If only Fame came in IV form could I bare being away from you.
I live for the way you cheer and scream for me.

I live for the applause, applause, applause

Give me that thing that I love
Put your hands up make 'em touch
A-P-P-L-A-U-S-E

A-P-P-L-A-U-S-E

i overheard your theory
'nostalgia's for geeks!'
i guess sir,if you say so
some of us just like to read

[................]
Pop culture was in Art
now ART's in POP culture,
in me!

A-P-P-L-A-U-S-E

A-P-P-L-A-U-S-E

[..............]

[chorus]

I tried
YaPO5.gif

Partition

Banned
Going by the snippets let me see if I can patch this song together

i stand here waiting
for you to bang the gong
to crash the critic saying:
is it right or is it wrong?

If only Fame came in IV form could I bare being away from you.
I live for the way you cheer and scream for me.

[chorus]

I tried
YaPO5.gif

No, the chorus is

I live for the applause, applause applause
I live for the applause plause, live for the applause plause (end snippet)
Live for the way that you cheer and scream
The applause, applause (song drops)
Applause, applause applause
I live for the applause plause, live for the applause plause
The applause, applause, applause

I missed all the Janet praise. I was just listening to Janet and its so damn good. Not to mention that there aren't music videos like "If" anymore or that people don't release songs like "Anytime, Anyplace" as singles anymore. Janet, her power.

5b3VKJKymf3TsHsSThvzE0zyTKc.gif

Kyon

Banned
You're all so welcoming, too. I didn't think I would fit in, but apparently I do kinda.

bless you all

iMF1Hb3wUVLnB.gif

I thought you were here since like OT2-3 You just slid in here and dragged everyone in your path.

My influence

irtJz0sNp9VwG.gif

No, the chorus is

I live for the applause, applause applause
I live for the applause plause, live for the applause plause (end snippet)
The applause, applause (song drops)
Applause, applause applause
I live for the applause plause, live for the applause plause
The applause, applause, applause

ibjn0GVISSD43O.gif

Mari you were the #1 person dragging Rih for repetitive lyrics in her song. Gurl if these lyrics are real DM is going to clock so hard

My pussy is ready for the leak

irtJz0sNp9VwG.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom