• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

So I listened to Roar

ijNmMy7oG87i9.png

Koodo

Banned
No, the chorus is

I live for the applause, applause applause
I live for the applause plause, live for the applause plause (end snippet)
Live for the way that you cheer and scream
The applause, applause (song drops)
Applause, applause applause
I live for the applause plause, live for the applause plause
Live for the way that you cheer and scream
The applause, applause, applause
I'm wet.

Just listened to that short Applause snippet. Sounds quite good, but it's too short to really judge.

I read a few pages back that other snippets of other songs have been around on the intarwebz? Could some kind popgaffer show me the way to those?

Partition

Banned
New Applause lyrics

GIVE ME THAT THING THAT I LOVE
(I'll turn turn the lights out)
PUT YOUR HANDS UP MAKE'EM TOUCH
(make it real loud)

Sounds like a bop 👏👏👏👏👏👏

Phreaker

OK, everybody say something nice about Janet for our sister Icicle.

For me, it was all about Control, my control, then RN and janet. I was all about Janet, Madonna, Michael (George and Jackson) at that time. I never used The Velvet Rope though. I bought All For You because I was living for that song and was disappointed in the album tbh.

I wasn't around Icicle, but I would have responded to your Janet posts. :) BTW, is your name in reference to Tori? You know, I think I've made three posts about the Goddess yet I feel most of PopGAF could give two shits because of the dust. Still, I will press on and stan for Cher because, well she is Cher and I believe.

Mau ®

1112149-britney-rihanna-smiling-617-409.jpg

So a Rihanna & Britney collabo might be happening...

THERE ARE RUMORS ONLINE THAT YOUR SONG “RUNNIN’ BLIND” IS GOING TO BE PART OF RIHANNA’S “ROGUE” PERFUME AD/COLLABORATION WITH BRITNEY SPEARS. CAN YOU CLEAR THIS UP FOR US?:

“Honestly seeing as the music industry happens so sporadically, I don’t know. If I did know much about it, I’m not going to say (laughs). I will say of course I’ve worked with Rihanna and I went in early on the Britney Spears new project with Rodney ["Darkchild" Jerkins] but I don’t know, we’ve been working on this for a long time. Sometimes you never know what makes the album or what is going to be a single or whatever’s going to be anything until it comes out. I mean, I would hope if that happens but I don’t know too much about it that I can speak about right now…… That was my political answer (laughs). - Elijah Blake

Source

I've heard the original song on Elijah's Bijoux 22 mixtape/EP. It's a fantastic track tbh but it doesn't need two women singing it. Plus I didn't like the S&M rihmix.

Mau ®

The monsters are the most supportive fanbase I've seen. They're basically reporting anything that could be Applause.

Dumb baboons. You can't fight the internet.

Bladenic

Mau ®;75826387 said:
The monsters are the most supportive fanbase I've seen. They're basically reporting anything that could be Applause.

YASSSS go in. I haven't seen you call someone baboons in a while.

Kyon

Banned
Mau ®;75826387 said:

Those were the same ones who not that many hours ago were spamming links for Roar. Karma is coming. They can't contain it for long

Mau ®

YASSSS go in. I haven't seen you call someone baboons in a while.

Modmei won't let me say anywhere but in POPGAF. Kyon got into trouble once for it in the Gaming Side. :(

Are you ready for the Avicii album? I heard a mix he played at some show. It's gonna be HUGE. Dude is the best DJ right now.

Those were the same ones who not that many hours ago were spamming links for Roar. Karma is coming. They can't contain it for long

I rihmember when they were giving out links to "Hold it against me". Truly the vilest stanbase.

Kyon

Banned
Mau ®;75826843 said:
Modmei won't let me say anywhere but in POPGAF. Kyon got into trouble once for it in the Gaming Side. :(

Are you ready for the Avicii album? I heard a mix he played at some show. It's gonna be HUGE. Dude is the best DJ right now.

Gurl I didn't get in trouble on gaming side that was OT in that Kanye thread. No mod clocked me tho. Pressed posters clocked me for racism. Modmei did clock you tho ;__;

Phreaker

Mau ®;75826843 said:

Yep, already pre-ordered and I've been wearing out Take Me Up.

Nemesis_

Mau ®;75827503 said:
New, super-short "Applause" snippet here

Listen before the monsters get to it!!

PUT YOUR HANDS UP MAKE THEM TOUCH

ibcp7OQNpiStOC.gif

And I know the monsters are a little bit gross but I don't think we should pretend that this ridiculous "war" is being fought by only one side

601358_559439007453328_81183807_n.jpg

Everyone is too vicious, they should just all calm down :_;

Nemesis_

SO, ROAR. I'll keep it short.

+ A pop song that's crafted to be a perfect pop song from the get go. Very well done in this regard.
+ The soaring ROARRRRRRR (the first one) in the chorus melts me for some reason.
+ While I see influences from Firework, it's less cheesy to me which is much better.
+ This is radio crack / commercial crack. It's manufactured to be that way, Katy will make bank.
+ The production is a step above for her. I went back and listened to previous songs of hers just to pique my interest, but they all now have a bit of a basic tinge to them now that I've heard Roar.
+ On the production - it's there, but it's not overdone. Which is nice. I like overdone usually, but this is something I can listen to. It's less annoying than songs like We Are Young or something.

- Katy won't be able to do this justice live at all unless she's had some serious training between albums.
- This is a very predictable song from Katy, I feel. It could be on TD
- I really had hoped that the trend of rhyming a word with the same word would've stopped with Pitbull
- I hate the verses and the bridge. The chorus is really what does it for me.
- Less experimental than I was hoping.

? We were pretty much told Katy was going darker with this album. If this is true, she clearly didn't want to fuck around with something experimental and instead fast tracked a track that will get her the sales and the airplay. I can't fault her for this - she is an artist and wants to make money, but I expected more from the darker tone of the pre-release teasers.
? Will a song like this age well? I only say this because I've gone back to older songs of hers and this song makes them sound basic in comparison.
? I'm sick of mid-tempos. >_> But this is a trend that I also can't fault an artist for following.

I'm not deluded enough to hate it, or even compare to another song and highlight similarities (ie. like people do with EY and BTW) but I'm not going to say I outright hate it but I don't exactly LOVE it either. Even on repeat listens I was already getting tired of it, and I have a feeling that after over exposure in almost every form of mainstream media, the same thing will happen there too.

I've heard Prism should be a darker and more outgoing adventure for her, so I hope she lives up to this promise with later tracks.

So yeah.

ixBxx0dmq7W8T.gif

Nemesis_

SELENA GOMEZ to become the new RIHANNA

Selena Gomez stopped by Saturday Night Online to talk about her world tour and life after Stars Dance. Ideally, she would take a break from music and focus instead on acting. Instead, less than two weeks prior to her tour, she found herself inside a recording studio.

“I was just telling everyone that I’m probably going to release another record next year,” Gomez said. “I’m just so pumped and definitely, the older I get, the more I get inspired and the bigger I want to make my music.” She said this, though, while also knowing that her post-Stars Dance life involves a few promising films, including Behaving Badly with Mary-Louise Parker and the William H. Macy-directed Rudderless.

“I find that it’s just exhausting to do both,” she said of juggling acting and singing, adding, “I just really found myself not having a life. I felt like I wanted to separate it a little more once Wizards [of Waverly Palace, of Disney Channel] was over, and I just kind of separated them as best as I could. It is hard, because I take such a long break without one or the other and I end up missing it a lot.”

What does seems like a sure thing, given the Stars Dance jaunt (her first arena tour, at that) and her IMDB page, is that Gomez isn’t likely to give up either singing or acting anytime soon. Check out her Saturday Night Online chat up top, then MTV’s behind-the-scenes peek of her tour below.​

[ Source ]

Rihanna taught her

iwD7hxZaSx7PZ.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom