• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

The A R T P O P at the end....

iQLblVyNsq9il.gif

I thought she was spelling A P P L A U S E >_>

royalan

...as much as I shat on Aura in here...is it bad that I vastly prefer it to Applause?

Granted, both songs are crap, but at least Aura was somewhat daring. Applause is guilty of being bad AND kinda boring.

botty

Banned
...as much as I shat on Aura in here...is it bad that I vastly prefer it to Applause?

Granted, both songs are crap, but at least Aura was somewhat daring. Applause is guilty of being bad AND kinda boring.

No. Aura is better. Lyrically...vocally...creatively.

Artemisia

Banned
oh my god AURA is unlistenable S H I T. There is nothing redeemable about it aside from the chorus. I can't believe people prefer that jank ass demo to this.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Roy we just know what happened.

inSNPvK1W3xyp.gif

Kyon

Banned
Ok now that my hype died down my review:

verses are complete and utter shit. Chorus and end give life

Those will do good in clubs but probably not radio.

I am listening to Aura again and I actually agree its better.

The video better slay

xaosslug

now, now gurls... I think a lot of us are letting our loathing of Gaga/ha practices blind us to Applesauce, and we're being a tad bit disingenuous in our impressions, because we want Katy to drAAAAAg ha...

i mean I'm no miniature monster, but I can admit Applesauce is more lyfe giving than SNORE. #tea

Nemesis_

Trigger likes it.

It must be a song then.

:eli:

oops

now, now gurls... I think a lot of us are letting our loathing of Gaga/ha practices blind us to Applesauce, and we're being a tad bit disingenuous in our impressions, because we want Katy to drAAAAAg ha...

i mean I'm no miniature monster, but I can admit Applesauce is more lyfe giving than SNORE. #tea

Royalan has always been a contrarian.

Styles

Ok now that my hype died down my review:

verses are complete and utter shit. Chorus and end give life

Those will do good in clubs but probably not radio.

I am listening to Aura again and I actually agree its better.

The video better slay

I agree with all of this. The melody is pretty weak in the verses as well.

Kyon

Banned

Your opinion of the song represents absolutely none of the radio appeal Roar has. It will have more leverage than a dance track which btw was on its way out this era

I didn't know he is still relevant. Didn't Bieber take all of his fans?
Bieber can take whatever he wants, because he can't take that bodY

Here he is last night at the Teen Choice Awards (utter flop of a show btw)

nick-jonas-hottie.jpeg

teen-choice-awards-2013-nick-jonas-lauren-potter__oPt.jpg

JoeALLAH still wins, though. Even in the midst of coital relations with his dog.

Screen-shot-2013-08-09-at-10.09.09-AM.png

Nemesis_

Why are the Jonas Brothers famous though? I only ever hear about them when they're having sex with some other famous girl or when PopGAF posts these thirsty body shots.

xaosslug

if Gaga had come with Applesauce as a follow up to Bad Romance/Fame Monster she would have probably 0wn3d. Instead, she came w/ that BS 'anthem' BTW, and now most outside of ha fanbase see ha as JOKES. smh #fail

Bless Empress Katy for bringing us both a new single and a new Gaga single on the same day though

ibeJmzJbI2RV0n.gif

ibhg1SXB4dKNj.gif

royalan

oops

Royalan has always been a contrarian.

But I've been right so far. *.*

I don't think I'm steadfast enough in my opinions to say Roar is a better song than Applause.

However, I will say that it's much better equipped to get the job done. It is practically guaranteed to become a significant hit for Katy when all is said and done.

Meanwhile, I can't see Applause being anything more than Gaga's Wii U. It'll fire up her base, just like any Gaga song would. But the song is flawed and I don't think it's going to change any opinions on Gaga, and I don't predict it will become the significant hit that she needs it to be if she wants to hold on to her crown as a dominant force in Pop music.

At the end of the day, Roar will do more for Katy than Applause will do for Gaga. This is only my prediction, of course. But I find it hard to see it going any other way.

Kyon

Banned
Why are the Jonas Brothers famous though? I only ever hear about them when they're having sex with some other famous girl or when PopGAF posts these thirsty body shots.

They were the 1D/Bieber of our nation before they disbanded for a few years to do solo projects. That's when the others jumped in. Otherwise they would've most likely still been relevant.

They are also the last successful boyband to come out of Golden Age Disney Channel

xaosslug

Your opinion of the song represents absolutely none of the radio appeal Roar has. It will have more leverage than a dance track which btw was on its way out this era

what are you on about? I've already said SNORE will STOMP Applsauce quite effortlessly. Here, have a sit \_

Bieber can take whatever he wants, because he can't take that bodY

Here he is last night at the Teen Choice Awards (utter flop of a show btw)

nick-jonas-hottie.jpeg

teen-choice-awards-2013-nick-jonas-lauren-potter__oPt.jpg

JoeALLAH still wins, though. Even in the midst of coital relations with his dog.

Screen-shot-2013-08-09-at-10.09.09-AM.png

Nick wins w/ FACE, as per. Sorry! =-P

They were the 1D/Bieber of our nation before they disbanded for a few years to do solo projects. That's when the others jumped in. Otherwise they would've most likely still been relevant.

They are also the last successful boyband to come out of Golden Age Disney Channel

TBH they were never as big as Bieber OR 1D.

xaosslug

Burnin Up and S.O.S were the last big songs I remember besides Paranoid I think.

Besides they were more album artists than singles artists.

are you really up in here arguing how big The Jonas Brothers' fame monster was? Like, really? Even @ their peak they were small fry compared to 1D and even Beebz, who aren't even that big on the 'pop phenomenon' scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom