• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG

APPLAUSE
APPLAUSE
APPLAUSE

OMG

ibeJmzJbI2RV0n.gif

SLAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYED.

xaosslug

ngl, Applesauce is giving me moar lyfe than SNORE, but SNORE is totes gonna tap that Sophia Grace and Rosie demo which is gonna haaaalp it SMASH effortlessly.

ibrMhXgtFWkYUy.gif

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
This is a lot more The Fame than Born This Way.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
No bullshit?

Art and Pop Culture in me?

Ok, sis.
Oh, the lyrics are a mess, but I meant that it doesn't have a laboured message, her songwriting reach isn't exceeding her grasp, that kind of thing. It's much more reigned-in than BTW in a good way.

royalan

This is a lot more The Fame than Born This Way.

I wouldn't say this song is like either. It's its own thing.

It doesn't have the laser-focused appeal to radio and devil-may-care quality of The Fame, which was Gaga at her fiercest and lyrical best. This song is not going to slay radio.

But it doesn't have that heavy-handed pretentiousness that was dripping all over BTW.

This song is something we have never gotten from Gaga before. I really don't know how to describe it yet...

cory64

I like it, it's different from the Fame.
I'm listening to this on expensive headphones and the "give me the thing that I love, put your hands make em touch A P P L A U S E" part is still shitty sounding on the tumblr link. I can't even imagine what this sounds like on iPod buds.

B-Dex

I'm listening to this on expensive headphones and the "give me the thing that I love, put your hands make em touch A P P L A U S E" part is still shitty sounding on the tumblr link. I can't even imagine what this sounds like on iPod buds.

Well I play it in my car through my nice sound system. Fuck earbuds.

I wouldn't say this song is like either. It's its own thing.

It doesn't have the laser-focused appeal to radio and devil-may-care quality of The Fame, which was Gaga at her fiercest and lyrical best. This song is not going to slay radio.

But it doesn't have that heavy-handed pretentiousness that was dripping all over BTW.

This song is something we have never gotten from Gaga before. I really don't know how to describe it yet...

I agree.

It lies somewhere in between. Not bubblegum poppy, not heavy-metal angry.

Nemesis_

Yeah I kind of understand what you mean, I'm hoping this might be rectified by an iTunes or FLAC version.

Nemesis_

TOUCHHHHHHHH

PUT YOUR HANDS UP MAKE EM TOUCHCHCHHH

http://i.minus.com/iBj9oIFJdwD6p.gif[/IMG[

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/iBj9oIFJdwD6p.gif[/IMG[
vv[IMG]http://i.minus.com/iBj9oIFJdwD6p.gif[/IMG[vvvbhdbv z

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

Yeah, I'm listening on decent headphones and I don't see what's so incredible about the production (stefan's link). This is not exactly some Remain in Light production masterpiece. Seems fairly run of the mill as far as pop production goes?

let me ogle that 'related' Nick Jonas pic, instead...
iyBRkyoMqKvjt.gif

jGBX6OMLbyBQw.jpg

ibLdmPMsnOfD.gif

cory64

Yeah, I'm listening on decent headphones and I don't see what's so incredible about the production (stefan's link). This is not exactly some Remain in Light production masterpiece. Seems fairly run of the mill as far as pop production goes?

Stan the most audiophile-friendly band of all time!
Yeah, this sounds familiar in parts, especially when everything's going off at once.

Yeah, it's just messy and unpolished sounding. It's going for that "wall of sound" thing, but she ain't no Radiohead, or even Friendly Fires.

Touchdown

Banned
---APPLAUSE---

Just listened... think its gonna be huge in the clubs!!!! Honestly..not sure about radio though... :/

Perry's song is a lot more radio friendly. Maybe Gaga doesn't really care though.

iHfrQn0Jd6d6L.gif

If neither of these girls can snatch fucking Robin Thicke's wig..I don't even know.

Verdict : APPLAUSE > POAR
Gaga isn't wasting time on building, slow verses and sweeping emotions or any of that here. Straight dancepop. That's what I like to hear from her.

APPLAUSE is going to have some insane remixes omg I can't wait.

I think the singles would be less likely to need "good headphones" I hear some stuff going on in the background but that's it. The album tracks could be different though.

Styles

Not GOOGLE giving me the "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to atrl.net" page instead of the overcapacity shit ATRL always throws at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom