• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
You can never look at the first column. It is always wrong.

The chart is a rolling chart for 24 hours. Meaning that it is actually impossible to get a red update within the first day of release.

OIC

This is why I don't stan sales figures, too damn confusing.

Trigger

The Greatest Thing leaked

its so corny

edit: link
(i can link to it right? lol)

As long as it's not a download link, yes.

The song tho...
93iIr.gif

royalan

With Brit/Katy/Gaga/(r8?) releasing in the second half of this year it is inevitable that one is going to bite the dust. I had been convinced that it would be Brit, but now I am not too sure.

And this is what they GET for pissing away an entire year trying to chase holiday sales!

It STILL makes no sense to me that every pop female with an album coming out this year waited until the same fucking time to do it. I mean, where's the logic? You're the numbers guy. Educate me, because this makes no damn sense.

I hope Thicke Dick drags them all.

And this is what they GET for pissing away an entire year trying to chase holiday sales!

It STILL makes no sense to me that every pop female with an album coming out this year waited until the same fucking time to do it. I mean, where's the logic? You're the numbers guy. Educate me, because this makes no damn sense.

I hope Thicke Dick drags them all.

Well. I imagine that they did not know that they would all be releasing this fall. These things are planned a year or two in advance.

They could change the release date, but that comes with its own problems. The labels time out their releases so their artists don't interfere with each other so their options are limited. They also often plan out their tours, contract locations/support staff, set up promo, etc far in advance and it would be a huge financial hit to go back on those contracts.

royalan

Katy has goT that kids bop fanbase (logging into the 'rent's iTunes and BUYING dat shit!) on lock. Gaga really cannot compete w/ that.

Exactly this, I think.

People make a big deal out of Gaga's Little Monsters, but don't underestimate Katy's pull with the younger crowd. Also, parents. Much like Taylor Swift, I can imagine a ton of wannabe-hip mothers logging in a buying this to play in the car with the kids. Lady Gaga has never had a strong appeal with that audience.

Beyond Gaga's lackluster performance the fact that Katy is still rising is surprising.

Since it is a 24 hour chart you would expect her to start falling off once 24 hours had past since the hardcore fans tend to buy early. That means that the public's purchasing this morning was enough to be LARGER than the fan purchasing right after launch.

I still expect Gaga to go #1 later tonight, but I am very doubtful that she will be able to hold it the same way once the 24 hour mark has passed and the sales of her stans stop being counted.

Ties

Banned
The Greatest Thing sounds cheesy as hell. Definitely a throwback to the vintage sound here. It's much better than Applause because it actually has serviceable verses, a sing-along chorus, and focused production. That's not saying much though, considering those aspects are what most pop songs have.

Honestly it sounds like something that would play at the retirement home during the annual dances.

cory64

Exactly this, I think.

People make a big deal out of Gaga's Little Monsters, but don't underestimate Katy's pull with the younger crowd. Also, parents. Much like Taylor Swift, I can imagine a ton of wannabe-hip mothers logging in a buying this to play in the car with the kids. Lady Gaga has never had a strong appeal with that audience.

Well she did, then... yeah.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
With Brit/Katy/Gaga/(r8?) releasing in the second half of this year it is inevitable that one is going to bite the dust. I had been convinced that it would be Brit, but now I am not too sure.
So Bey is the winner by deliberately holding back, polishing her album and dropping it later when one of the lessers has been thinned from the herd.

Beyoncé, her genius. 🍆🍆

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
So Bey is the winner by deliberately holding back, polishing her album and dropping it later when one of the lessers has been thinned from the herd.

Beyoncé, her genius. 🍆🍆

Can you imagine the FUMES if she released at the same time as Britney and curb stomped ha.

royalan

Beyoncé, her genius. 🍆🍆

Nope, because she'll likely be punched out by Rihanna, who seems to be doing the same thing.

And the Christina's coming early 2014 to clean house. *.*

I don't know how I feel about Applause, but...I dunno. "Boring" is the wrong word to use. Maybe "plain?" Which is odd, because I find that Roar is shitting all over it.

Fey

Banned
I don't know how I feel about Applause, but...I dunno. "Boring" is the wrong word to use. Maybe "plain?" Which is odd, because I find that Roar is shitting all over it.

I feel the exact same way. It's not bad or anything, but it just doesn't excite me at all. I have no feelings towards it.

royalan

Oh y'all laugh now. But Xtina's got her old body back, her style team back, she's doing magazines again AND going out in public and letting herself be shot by the papz. Something's coming. A real era is coming. *.*

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Oh y'all laugh now. But Xtina's got her old body back, her style team back, she's doing magazines again AND going out in public and letting herself be shot by the papz. Something's coming. A real era is coming. *.*
At least you're finally admitting that Xtina is all about image and not talent or musical credentials 🍆🍆

cory64

Blurred Lines right before Roar's rolling effect started: 0.4189
Blurred Lines right now: 0.3558

Applause has 9 hours to reach #1 before the rolling starts. It might not happen.
Roar charted slower initially so it wasn't hurt, Applause will lose 1/4 of its sales by 1:30am tonight.

It's because the climax of the song is the weakest section. It makes it sound flat and unfinished. ����

Wait is this 'if Adele drops' shade? Because if so

Nah, she cleaning house. Im kind of spectical though, she's married now so...I'mmmm gonna need her man to Ike her or something so I can hear the motivation and hurt in her voice again lol

She might be too happy unless she pulls an Amy Winehouse

I love Xtina but you better be right or I'm coming for your head. Bionic was not strong enough and Lotus was okay for me. I don't want to hear no Pit-bullish music either. She too talented for that mess.

royalan

At least you're finally admitting that Xtina is all about image and not talent or musical credentials 🍆🍆

Talent: Bitch has better vocals than half the trollops you stan for, and the producer praise to prove it.

Musical Credentials: Not one, but TWO of the acts blowing up right now (Robin Thicke and Sia) got their pop start by working with her.

#BowDown

xaosslug

yaaaas, sis! Just looking at ha I can see she's HUNGRY again. And she's not on the media's hit list anymore... something big is coming. I can FEELS iT!

itJJW9BFJUTBn.gif

Nah, she cleaning house. Im kind of spectical though, she's married now so...I'mmmm gonna need her man to Ike her or something so I can hear the motivation and hurt in her voice again lol

She might be too happy unless she pulls an Amy Winehouse.

i know you're kidding, and there's some tea to this... but you're still a mess for posting it.

ibbRgct8BoH3nh.gif

xaosslug

Talent: Bitch has better vocals than half the trollops you stan for, and the producer praise to prove it.

Musical Credentials: Not one, but TWO of the acts blowing up right now (Robin Thicke and Sia) got their pop start by working with her.

#BowDown

#lockstockansclocked

ibgkLwJdY6o6t0.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom