• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

Banned
Botty I'm so looking forward to your OT. This one has gone on for too damn long. No offense to Arte... And this one will go down as one of my faves. Tis the era I got my title so much love to Arte.

ibdaPKH5Yxm3SG.gif

Yado

Lmao! OMG! Lmao! Am I the minority that likes Azalea Banks lol?

All of the songs that I've heard so far that are supposed to be on her album have been subpar but I'll be here for her when she puts out something good. She clearly has the potential to create bops.

Iggy is a terrible rapper and doesn't have a single good song in her repertoire.

iKI5kZs5Fj1ZB.gif

1991/Fantasea Azealia Banks was fire.

Current Azealia Banks? Meh.

I loved Fantasea and 1991.. She was abstract.. But your right about now. Yung Rapunzel, however she spells it, is whack and atm jam is okay.. My favorite song from her will always be Luxury, Licorice, Barely legal..

All of the songs that I've heard so far that are supposed to be on her album have been subpar but I'll be here for her when she puts out something good. She clearly has the potential to create bops.

Iggy is a terrible rapper and doesn't have a single good song in her repertoire.

iKI5kZs5Fj1ZB.gif

So right.

I use to love Iggy but now she's lame and mediocre. Work and bounce are literally the same exact song and I really only loved Pu**y and Murda Buizness.. Now she's like whack..

Artemisia

Banned

iKI5kZs5Fj1ZB.gif

Work is MAGNIFICENT. Don't lie.

So right.

I use to love Iggy but now she's lame and mediocre. Work and bounce are literally the same exact song

ok WHAT?

Work is a ratchet bop with classical music influences. Bounce is a dance/hip hop song with Bollywood music influences. Just how do they sound remotely alike?

Trigger

I loved Fantasea and 1991.. She was abstract.. But your right about now. Yung Rapunzel, however she spells it, is whack and atm jam is okay.. My favorite song from her will always be Luxury, Licorice, Barely legal..

Nawt you listing three of my favorite songs from ha.

Your taste >>>>.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Luxury is still amazing. Even if ATMJAM is the future of Ms Banks at least we'll still have 1991 EP and Fantasea.

Kyon

Banned
It's been HOURS since I asked if Applause went #1. Is IT yet?

WHY ARE THE MONSTURDS SO QUIET. THIS SHOULD BE EASY FOR THE QUEEN OF POP.

Katy and her Kats rn

tumblr_m9m8fhDiM71qfn8tp.gif

Just heard Roar on radio, finally.

This song is so tailor made for radio it's crazy. I see this song being played on pop stations for years to come.

If only Azealia had released Esta Noche...

Why did she have to be so messy :(

On this matter.. I didn't like the way that, in particular, Munchi handled the situation because he in fact does not own that song. She got clearance from Montel Jordan to use that sample. How he gonna get mad talking about they were going to use it without his consent. N***a you don't own shit. He never got clearance in the first place to even make the remix. Her team was going to pay him and he was acting like they were trying to shut him up. He acted like a baby and I thought he was better than that. He could of been bigger for being with her than being a flop artist under Diplo.

royalan

On this matter.. I didn't like the way that, in particular, Munchi handled the situation because he in fact does not own that song. She got clearance from Montel Jordan to use that sample. How he gonna get mad talking about they were going to use it without his consent. N***a you don't own shit. He never got clearance in the first place to even make the remix. Her team was going to pay him and he was acting like they were trying to shut him up. He acted like a baby and I thought he was better than that. He could of been bigger for being with her than being a flop artist under Diplo.

Because it was his mix. So he very much did own it.

Personally, I LOVED how Munchi handled that situation. It was about time SOMEBODY took Azealia to task due to her reckless mouth on Twitter. The truth is Azealia sampled his track without permission and when Munchi called her dumbass out on it instead of being polite she tried to talk shit like she ALWAYS does, and then when her people let her know that they actually hadn't paid Munchi yet for the track and that they DID need his permission she tried to backpedal. Only it was too late, she'd burned the bridge with her diarrhea-ass-mouth.

It was refreshing to see. Turns out, some people actually DO have some integrity in the industry, and aren't willing to compromise for a tiny check.

Also, Diplo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Azealia Banks.

Zutroy

Here for more Aiden Grimshaw, really liked Misty eyes. Speaking of former Xfactors, where the hell is Amelia Lily's album? I really had high hopes for her.

Also just found out The Band Perry were coming to the UK and instantly bought a ticket. Pioneer is perfect.

Phreaker

Digital Sales, USA - Last 24 hours:

1) Katy Perry, Roar: 87,192
2) Lady Gaga, Applause: 44,075

Applause being out half as long with half the sales... seems like they're performing similarly then, right?

UPDATE

1) Katy Perry, Roar: 64,748
2) Lady Gaga, Applause: 39,693

EDIT: I was looking at US only as well, so not sure how Applause #s went down when it hasn't been out 24hrs.

Mau ®

How times have changed...

A lead single by Lady Gaga failing to go #1 almost 24 hrs after it's impact. Remember when BTW hit #1 on iTunes in an hour?

Partition

Banned
Mau ®;76244247 said:

A lead single by Lady Gaga failing to go #1 almost 24 hrs after it's impact. Remember when BTW hit #1 on iTunes in an hour?

Born This Way had more hype because it was coming off her meat dress controversy and she stayed in the news. I don't think her media blackout was a wise marketing decision.

Fey

Banned
Mau ®;76244247 said:

She has a new Katy single to compete with too along with the blackout tho so it makes sense for it to struggle ...

Still, I did expect to be #1 by now if not REALLY close to Roar.

Mau ®;76244247 said:

Consider the competition boo. Roar is probably the most radio friendly song of the year, barring Blurred Lines. Also, take into account the rushed release. If it came out next week it might have swooped it. Still, it's number two. Not like it's floppin'

Mau ®

Consider the competition boo. Roar is probably the most radio friendly song of the year, barring Blurred Lines. Also, take into account the rushed release. If it came out next week it might have swooped it. Still, it's number two. Not like it's floppin'

There was a time Katy was no match at all. In fact, the general assumption was that Katy would be dragged if they were both to release at the same time. Also, BTW was also rushed out 3 days before it's set date.

It's not flopping tho, like you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom