• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mau ®;76247243 said:
There was a time Katy was no match at all. In fact, the general assumption was that Katy would be dragged if they were both to release at the same time. Also, BTW was also rushed out 3 days before it's set date.

It's not flopping tho, like you say.

The general assumption was that Katy was going to hit hard with a radio deal and a catchy song. It's been her and Rihanna's turf for the last year, and momentum's more on her side this time than Gaga, and that's a fact. Nobody should be surprised that Katy's smashing with Roar, her team executed a promotional course that went without a hitch. Gaga's team on the other hand had to cut the buildup and rush a release that most of the buying public weren't expecting to be able to buy yet. And yet it's right up Roar's ass. We have the fan base to thank for that at least, lol.

We'll see how the rankings shift next week with the VMAs and the Applause music video. Like I said, Katy takes this week easily, but she might have to watch her spot next week. *shrug*

Kyon

Banned
The EXCUSES

tumblr_m9m8fhDiM71qfn8tp.gif

xaosslug

Eh... That would be career suicide anyway.

not really. Not in this day and age. For someone middling like Katy or Britney or Bey, perhaps?, but if Rihanna or Gaga or Christina or Madonna did it would just be 'more of the same' and considered 'edgy' even.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I'm not going to make excuses for Applause, I just know there is still major promo coming for the song in order for it to still be a hit

I'm sort of glad its not as frontloaded as BTW tho, maybe like this it will have a better chance at having longevity

Kyon

Banned
I'm not going to make excuses for Applause, I just know there is still major promo coming for the song in order for it to still be a hit

I'm sort of glad its not as frontloaded as BTW tho, maybe like this it will have a better chance at having longevity

Finally someone RATIONAL
clap.gif

Because it was his mix. So he very much did own it.

Personally, I LOVED how Munchi handled that situation. It was about time SOMEBODY took Azealia to task due to her reckless mouth on Twitter. The truth is Azealia sampled his track without permission and when Munchi called her dumbass out on it instead of being polite she tried to talk shit like she ALWAYS does, and then when her people let her know that they actually hadn't paid Munchi yet for the track and that they DID need his permission she tried to backpedal. Only it was too late, she'd burned the bridge with her diarrhea-ass-mouth.

It was refreshing to see. Turns out, some people actually DO have some integrity in the industry, and aren't willing to compromise for a tiny check.

Also, Diplo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Azealia Banks.

Yes it was his mix but he did not get the right to use the sample. Montell Jordan gave her the rights to the song. Munchi did not get that from Jordan. Her team did call him up for a deal, the reason he got mega pissed was because this was after the fact they were already putting it on the album. He lashed out on twitter against her and he did not handle himself well. He started personally attacking her when she wasn't even coming him sideways but then he started cracking jokes on her weave and shit like dude.. It's not that serious. He didn't want to sell out so I give him props for that but he made it seem like they weren't trying to pay him or anything. He took it way personal.

Also Diplo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>~~>~>>>>>>>>>x10mil Banks. There no denying that. Lol I didn't say she was, I was saying Munchi lol. However Munchi still my boy. I just think it was way overblown for a beat. He could of just went with it and done. All of that for nothing

Partition

Banned
Applause seems to be clocking Roar in every country besides the anUS

Roar isn't even Top 30 UK

The UK always seems to have better taste in pop

Mau ®;76251499 said:
Do not shade the UK man.

Rih is the undisputable Queen there.

I fail to see the conflict.
b80efe23.gif

Though they did bless the world with 1D. Matt would be devastated at the shading of the boys home nation.

cory64

Like I said, *O*

Sometimes I just wish we could get someone this generation who
  • Can be theatrical
  • Albums aren't just music, they're built to connect to a theme
  • Makes some awesome dance music
  • Has killer visuals
  • Puts their entire life into live performances

Oh right, we already do
40TS1ik.gif

botty

Banned