• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaosslug

baby jane, is that you?

SERVING.

LK5Kwit.jpg

j0Fs1lF.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Sometimes I just wish we could get someone this generation who
  • Can be theatrical
  • Albums aren't just music, they're built to connect to a theme
  • Makes some awesome dance music
  • Has killer visuals
  • Puts their entire life into live performances

Oh right, we already do
40TS1ik.gif

You better stan Beyonce
except the albums one

xaosslug

Sometimes I just wish we could get someone this generation who
  • Can be theatrical
  • Albums aren't just music, they're built to connect to a theme
  • Makes some awesome dance music
  • Has killer visuals
  • Puts their entire life into live performances

Oh right, we already do
40TS1ik.gif

no mention of even a smattering of vocal ability... speaks volumes

9cZmIWA.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
What a reality check for the monsters, this is. They really thought Gaga was unstoppable.

Especially given how a lot of internet Munsters seem to reserve particular venom for Katy, it makes it all the more sweet that she is now administering the reality check to them.

cory64

Update:
1 Katy Perry - Roar 1.0000
2 Lady Gaga - Applause 0.5999
3 Robin Thicke - Blurred Lines (feat. T.I. & Pharrell) 0.3422
4 Luke Bryan - That's My Kind of Night 0.3405
5 Miley Cyrus - We Can't Stop 0.2213

Roar is increasing.
Worldwide, she's currently doing much better than Perra. Her global power is undeniablE. Slay.
Roar is #1 in larger countries tho

xaosslug

What a reality check for the monsters, this is. They really thought Gaga was unstoppable.

she strange and weirded herself out of the game because there was never any PAY OFF after Bad Romance (when everyone went all in w/ ha), basically. At a certain point she went from being thought of as avant-garde to the JOKE that everyone gets and is bored with hearing over and over.

once her fanbase catches on that she's not the 'cool outcast' anymore they'll begin to abandon her in droves... it will be pretty startling when her tour sales start to slump.

ibemroGdYw9fRq.gif

she really needs to go back to basics.
bhuHH.gif

Fey

Banned
I'm really hoping I don't see Monsters using "Applause is just too different/experimental/etc." as an excuse for anything (not that Applause is flopping or failing or MTNing - it could still be a huge hit post-music video/VMAs) because Applause is pretty safe and generic.

cory64

For Katy to be increasing her already substantial lead over Gaga before the rolling effect starts is mindblowing really. I don't think anyone expected this. But this is just the first week, we don't even have MVs yet.

gagavskaty.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
dZY2b3b.jpg

Michelle Obama is releasing a hip-hop album

In news you probably couldn’t make up even with 100 monkeys on 100 typewriters, First Lady Michelle Obama is releasing a hip-hop album. And Samantha Sheffield, wife of UK Prime Minister David Cameron, is organizing a fight club.

Unfortunately, Mrs. Obama hasn’t recorded renditions of “Jump Around” or “Ruff Ryders Anthem”. Instead, as Politico points out, she’s teamed with the Partnership for a Healthier America and Hip Hop Public Health (yes, that’s a real thing) to release Songs for a Healthier America, featuring a who’s who of R&B and rap names touting the benefits of a healthy diet and regular exercise.

The 19-track effort features cuts from Reverend Run of Run DMC (on a song that features the phrase “Finding Exercise Energy Thresholds”), Doug E. Fresh, Jordin Sparks, Ashanti, and Blink-182′s Travis Barker and Matisyahu as Salad Bar (!) Aside from organizing the album, Obama will appear in music videos set to be distributed to schools nationwide.

For a low fat taste, head here to watch the video for “Everybody”, featuring Sparks, Doug E. Fresh, and Dr. Oz. More videos will be previewed in the coming weeks.

Songs for a Healthier America Tracklist:
01. Everybody (ft. Jordin Sparks, Doug E Fresh, Ryan Beatty, Artie Green, Dr Oz and the Hip Hop Doc)
02. U R What You Eat (feat. Salad Bar (Matisyahu, Ariana Grande, Travis Barker))
03. Let’s Move (ft. Doug E Fresh, Artie Green, Chauncey Hawkins, Easy AD)
04. Just Believe (ft. Ashanti, Gerry Gunn, Artie Green, Robbie Nova, Chauncey Hawkins)
05. Veggie Luv (ft. Monifah and J Rome)
06. Hip Hop FEET (Finding Exercise Energy Thresholds) (ft. DMC, Artie Green, and Chauncey Hawkins)
07. Stronger (ft. Shayna Steele, Jeremy Jordan, Our Time, Nils Lofgren)
08. Give Myself a Try (ft. Ryan Beatty)
09. Jump Up (It’s a Good Day) Let’s Move version (ft. Brady Rymer and the Little Band That Could)
10. Hip Hop LEAN (ft. Artie Green)
11. Pass the Rock (ft. Iman Schumpert and Artie Green)
12. Good Living (ft. Ashton Jones)
13. Beautiful (ft. Daisy Grant and Artie Green)
14. Change the Game (ft. The Happiness Club and Naledge)
15. Wanna Jump (Let’s Move) (ft. Paul Burch and WPA Ballclub)
16. Mother May I? (ft. Amelia Robinson)
17. We Like Vegetables (ft. Los Barkers!)
18. Get Up Sit Up (ft. Ian James and Ricky Baitz)
19. One Step Forward (ft. Samite)

iWweBLbwkj4z.gif

Trigger

I'm really hoping I don't see Monsters using "Applause is just too different/experimental/etc." as an excuse for anything (not that Applause is flopping or failing or MTNing - it could still be a huge hit post-music video/VMAs) because Applause is pretty safe and generic.

They've been using that excuse since BTW tho.

Why stop now?

botty

Banned
For Katy to be increasing her already substantial lead over Gaga before the rolling effect starts is mindblowing really. I don't think anyone expected this. But this is just the first week, we don't even have MVs yet.

gagavskaty.gif

According to Wafflecakes statistics, music videos will only help Katy.

gagavskaty.gif

Radio Praises New Katy Perry, Lady Gaga Singles

Perry's 'Roar' and Lady Gaga's 'Applause' have blasted into the Pop Songs building chart's top 20, with PDs excited about the superstars' returns

Just as the new tracks from Lady Gaga and Katy Perry are heading for big debuts on Billboard's Digital Songs chart next week, both are in line for lofty moves on the Pop Songs radio airplay chart.

As reported yesterday, after less than two days of airplay, Perry's "Roar" blasted onto the Nielsen BDS-based survey at No. 34. On the building Pop Songs chart, whose tracking week began yesterday (Aug. 12) and runs through Sunday night (18), "Roar" is, as of this posting, already up to No. 16. (Highlights of the finlaized chart, including debuts, will post on Billboard.com on Monday, Aug. 19.)

Gaga's "Applause," meanwhile, was released yesterday and has quickly joined "Roar" in the top 20, currently ranking at No. 19 on the building tally. (Both songs have received hourly plays on participating Clear Channel Media and Entertainment-owned stations, 'Roar' on Sunday and 'Applause' yesterday.)

Pop program directors that are spinning both songs are praising each, although a sample of PDs polled reveals a prediction for greater long-term success for "Roar."

"Both songs have been well-received by our audience, but when it comes to social media, Perry’s 'Roar' has garnered more positive response," says Chase Murphy, PD of KXXM San Antonio. "I think, because of its pop appeal and texture, 'Roar' will probably be embraced by more formats and will eventually be heralded as a bigger song than 'Applause'."

"So far, listeners have favored the Katy track more, but both songs are getting great reaction," KHOP Stockton, Calif., PD MoJoe Roberts largely echoes. "I think the message in 'Roar' is connecting and resonating more with our female listeners."

Still, Roberts says, "The Katy single is phenomenal and the Gaga song is great … and much better than expected.

"This is a great way to start off the fall season," Roberts says, alluding to the pending album releases of Perry's "Prism" (Oct. 22) and Gaga's "ARTPOP" (Nov. 11).

"Listener reaction has been great on both new releases. I think both stack up well compared to their previous hit singles," assesses WFLZ Tampa, Fla., PD Tommy Chuck.

Ultimately, Chuck says, Perry and Gaga releasing buzz-generating tracks simultaneously represents not a battle, but an embarrassment of riches for pop radio. "Anytime we have the opportunity to partner with major artists to create excitement for new music, I think it is a great thing.

"If any other major artists want to drop new hit singles, bring it on!"

Interesting, but nothing we couldn't have guessed.
ibx2gwCVrW4HqZ.gif

cory64

All we care about is runway models, cadillacs, and liquor bottles

-

We don't care, we're driving cadillacs in our dreams

Lorde is giving us Gaga's 4th album before Gaga is.

edit: Last update before rolling kicks in for Applause
1 Katy Perry - Roar 1.0000
2 Lady Gaga - Applause 0.5914
3 Robin Thicke - Blurred Lines (feat. T.I. & Pharrell) 0.3536
4 Luke Bryan - That's My Kind of Night 0.3516
5 Miley Cyrus - We Can't Stop 0.2242

(The other version of Applause is #102 on iTunes right now)

cory64

What does "rolling" mean? You've said that like three times already, lol

iTunes charts are based on the past 24 hours, songs continually lose the sales they made 24 hours ago, if the current 24-hour period of sales isn't equal or higher than it registers as a negative update. Gaga tweeted the link to Applause at 11:30 last night and the charts are updated roughly every two hours meaning the next one will be at 1am.

Fey

Banned
itYehUG3lxXdH.png

!!!!!!!!

save me, britney + orbit

but wait

William Orbit ‏@WilliamOrbit 21h

Venus is the brightest, and most orange I've ever seen. Out here in the desert. Perseid meteor shower in 2 hrs

"Out of this world" "from another planet"

Hmm ...

Kyon

Banned
Death @ Knee getting her Ray of LighT

I told y'all Rih8Knee will save us from this mess.

I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being her first single

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom