• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majmun

tumblr_mrgqdzZb1y1qcxvxao1_500.jpg

Beyonce or Mariah Carey, who do you see?

Click for answer...

OH MY GOD

I knew it was Bey. But it also looks like Mariah.

My main faves. Such goddesses.
ibyO2dL7c49Nla.gif

LOL at the last two pages. Bey just can't stay out of POPGAF's mind.

And it's pretty strange seeing Gaga's song underperform. I actually like Aura more tbh.

Lana slaying with Summertime Sadness makes me glad tho. The song is amazing.

Yup. I actually just purchased the remix.

What a bop.

Kyon

Banned
So single in Sept. Album in Nov/Dec?

This could be a messy holiday season.

...and todays radio update. Katy slaying Gaga on Radio, in sales, and soon to be on streaming. Mess.

That's the current guess. Also a mess @ the radio thing

This look and wig even SURPASS The Fame looks and wigs.

THIS IS SHITTING but of course she'll opt to look like a clown literally -__-

That's the current guess. Also a mess @ the radio thing

I hope Rih releases as well just to complete the anarchy that will occur this fall.

Katy Perry
Lady Gaga
Justin Timberlake
One Direction
Miley Cyrus
Avril Lavigne
Jennifer Lopez?
Rihanna?

I predict at least half will flop..... and probably not the obvious half.

Ties

Banned
Yeah Stans can only do so much. If the public doesn't care to request or buy the singles it's over :(
NNNNN

The Monsters everywhere are retracting their statements that GaGa will commercially slay and replaced it with "Mother Monster isn't aiming for a number one hit."

Backpedal girls.

ib0SAfromE1m7I.png

Her V looks are all flawless.

They must have been taken what? 1 month ago? Is she doing drugs again? Right now she looks like she doesn't care anymore. Or maybe it's just arrogance.

Maybe she's entering her FAME CONSUMES THE POPSTAR era. Is she literally gonna OD for the love of "ART"?

NNNNN

The Monsters everywhere are retracting their statements that GaGa will commercially slay and replaced it with "Mother Monster isn't aiming for a number one hit."

Backpedal girls.

The world is not ready for her fART.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
They must have been taken what? 1 month ago? Is she doing drugs again? Right now she looks like she doesn't care anymore. Or maybe it's just arrogance.

Maybe she's entering her FAME CONSUMES THE POPSTAR era. Is she literally gonna OD for the love of "ART"?

Whatever helps her get the top of the charts and attention.

Ties

Banned

Apparently she's going to have a persona for each single release so she can be a true ~~ i c o
o
n ~~.

Your explanation certainly explains why she is going out in public with Taylor Kinney's semen coated on her face, though.

ib0SAfromE1m7I.png

Kyon

Banned
NNNNN

Backpedal girls.

ib0SAfromE1m7I.png

I'm guessing you saw the Clock in that ONE thread on that one siTe?

ikpqIDyfqfssG.gif

Rihanna will def releases around 8ney.

Yeah Stans can only do so much. If the public doesn't care to request or buy the singles it's over :(

True that. From what I've seen and heard people really dig the song, but a lot of people don't know it exists. lol

Next week it'll hopefully get a proper introduction.

Kyon

Banned
I'm still perplexed as to why Gaga didnt just release Burqa as the single. It was the true comeback song imo. There was potential there. It probably would've sounded different tho so I guess it's not a good idea

The tea was BOILING right through the iron in that thread, god bless.

ikpqIDyfqfssG.gif

But waiT I'm still SCREAMING at how swift it was
woTGR.gif

I was going to make a post earlier INSPIRED by it but ill wait

Majmun

I'm still perplexed as to why Gaga didnt just release Burqa as the single. It was the true comeback song imo. There was potential there. It probably would've sounded different tho so I guess it's not a good idea

Yeah, I agree. Aura/Burqa is so much better than Applause. Especially for a comeback single.

The beat is crazy, and the line "Do you want to see me naked, lover" is pure slayage.

But waiT I'm still SCREAMING at how swift it was
woTGR.gif

I was going to make a post earlier INSPIRED by it but ill wait

She couldn't commit to go all out experimental so intead she settled for a safer commercial song, only she couldn't leave it well enough alone and had to inject her fART angle into it, hence APPLESAUCE.

Share that forum link sis, I'm in the mood for browsing delusions.

royalan

In tje end I don't think it would have mattered. Both songs suck. Both flop radio.

All in all, ARTPOP is not shaping up to be a return to form for Gaga.

Majmun

In tje end I don't think it would have mattered. Both songs suck. Both flop radio.

All in all, ARTPOP is not shaping up to be a return to form for Gaga.

Born This Way single had more hype surrounding it. That's for sure.

Applause needs a video asap.

royalan

Born This Way single had more hype surrounding it. That's for sure.

Applause needs a video asap.

BTW was a smash even without its video.

Just face it, the GP ain't here for Gaga's usual schtick. She didn't come hard enough. Applause will flop and this era will not perform better than BTW when all is said and done.

Gaga better label Applause a buzz single and try again.

cory64

Just face it, the GP ain't here for Gaga's usual schtick. She didn't come hard enough. Applause will flop and this era will not perform better than BTW when all is said and done.

:

*Telephone starts playing at work*

coworker A: "Did you hear the new Lady Gaga song? It's so lame."
coworker B: "Yeah that was stupid."
me: "I haven't heard it yet"

Ties

Banned

She has far too much pride to bother considering the option.

All she's going to do is label Applause an "experiment" or use ~~ a v a n t g a r d e ~~ as an excuse that the single didn't light up charts. As per with Lady Lupus.

iblPyuwlI4D0j1.gif

royalan

Let this be a lesson to all of the Little Monsters (and Hive) who shade Rihanna for putting out constant smashes. Like it's easy.

Look at your fave. Clearly its not.

Kyon

Banned
Chile boo. Cause you calling Knee brain dead when it is known she has actual mental issues is any better. Sit doooooooooowN

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
tbf I don't think Applause is flopping that hard, it's not like it's failed to go Top 10 or anything, it's just not the undisputed #1 that the Monsters assumed it would be.

Even though I am not full on Gaga stan any more I still was a bit pumped this morning when I remembered that there's new Gaga music. It's still a bit special for me in a way that even new Brit or Bey or Kylie wouldn't be.

SaintZ

Katy debuted at 85.
Robin Thicke Leads Hot 100 For 10th Week, Katy Perry's 'Roar' Debuts

"Blurred Lines" becomes one of just eight songs by lead solo males to reach a double-digit reign.

Robin Thicke claims an elite 10th week at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with "Blurred Lines" (featuring T.I. and Pharrell). Meanwhile, Katy Perry provides a sneak peek at the battle expected next week when "Roar," which debuts this week at No. 85, and Lady Gaga's "Applause," which will bow next week, will challenge Thicke for the summit.
"Lines" leads Radio Songs for a sixth week, gaining by 3% to a record-extending 227.5 million all-format audience impressions, according to Nielsen BDS. Last week, with 219.8 million in audience, the song passed Mariah Carey's "We Belong Together" (212.2 million, July 9, 2005) for top weekly sum in the chart's 22-year history. (Despite its continued gain, the record streak of 10 consecutive weeks of being the Hot 100's top Airplay Gainer ends this week for "Lines," as Lana Del Rey's "Summertime Sadness" (23-16) claims the award with a 43% increase to 43 million impressions.)
Not Lana of all people ending Robin's reign

lanawaiting06swa.gif

In other news... "All The Things She Said" is 10 years old. I feel so old RIP. I still remember the very first time I watched the video lol.

yulialenasmirkkfdym.gif

royalan

tbf I don't think Applause is flopping that hard, it's not like it's failed to go Top 10 or anything, it's just not the undisputed #1 that the Monsters assumed it would be.

Yeah, but this is the wrong time of year to be putting out lukewarm singles.

If Gaga had released in the first half of the year like her dumbass should have, she could have had some longevity.

But putting out such a mediocre single when radio is about to get FLOODED by high profile acts?

Mark my words, Applause wont see the inside of the Top 3.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Billboard Tea said:
As for Perry and Gaga: the former's "Roar" dents the Hot 100 at No. 85 thanks solely to almost four days of airplay. (As previously noted, its expected lofty first-week sales, as well as streaming, will count toward next week's Hot 100.) "Roar" bounds on to Radio Songs at No. 29 with 40 million impressions from 258 stations. It's the highest debut since Rihanna's "Diamonds" opened at No. 28 on the radio tally the week of Oct. 13, 2012. ("Diamonds" went on to crown the Hot 100 and Radio Songs for three weeks each). "Roar" represents Perry's highest start on Radio Songs, despite its midweek arrival; she previously began best with "California Gurls" (featuring Snoop Dogg) (No. 31) in 2010. "Gurls" was the lead single from "Teenage Dream," which yielded five Hot 100 No. 1s (tying Michael Jackson's "Bad" in 1987-88 for the most leaders from a set). "Roar" introduces Perry's "Prism," due Oct. 22.

I keep on telling you this is her "Diamonds".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom