• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

Royals is pop perfection.

"But every song's like gold teeth, grey goose, trippin' in the bathroom
Blood stains, ball gowns, trashin' the hotel room,
We don't care, we're driving Cadillacs in our dreams.
But everybody's like crystal, Maybach, diamonds on your time piece.
Jet planes, islands, tigers on a gold leash.
We don't care, we aren't caught up in your love affair."

this part is absolute genius. The melody... the lyrics...

5GC8vI1.gif

We've been playing Royals here for months already, I'm sick of it.
476.gif

Nemesis_

Wait really? I feel like she would be tragic.

She is a mediocre vocalist but her show is pretty dirty but also pretty spectacular. It's very hard not to have fun.
189.gif

Tickets when she came here were roughly $40US (for comparison, the Monster Ball was $80 and the Born This Way Ball was $180) so she was comparitively cheap.
012.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I doubt it. Em has lost most of his charm and attraction to mainstream listeners. IMO, Drake is the one lessor girls should fear.

Really? His last album did 10m, 4m of which was the US and it spawned Love the way you lie and Not Afraid which both sold gangbusters

Bladenic

I doubt it. Em has lost most of his charm and attraction to mainstream listeners. IMO, Drake is the one lessor girls should fear.

What? He's been gone for 3 years. Recovery outsold every Rih album, some combined. In fact Recovery outsold most of our faves. So you should be fearing him, as should Brit, Katy, and even Gaga.

Kyon

Banned
If Eminem releases around 8Knee she is done

Everyone should pray his release is away from their faves. Not even kidding

Trigger

Really? His last album did 10m, 4m of which was the US and it spawned Love the way you lie and Not Afraid which both sold gangbusters

What? He's been gone for 3 years. Recovery outsold every Rih album, some combined. In fact Recovery outsold most of our faves. So you should be fearing him, as should Brit, Katy, and even Gaga.

True. Still I'm not so sure he'll be that big a threat to any of the pop girls.

xaosslug

I'm calling out the hypocrites in this thread. When Beyonce name is called out, it's always dragged to death but so called Beyhive members did the same...

Umm... What? That's the kettle calling the kettle black. What a mess is the constant ridiculous dragging down of successful artist that work their asses off to make this music that yall so called always drag down. Yes I am invested in the music but I'm not into talking deep crap about their fans and the artist themselves. I don't work off of personal hate and media mind bending propaganda. I started to like Bey for that reason alone. I was doing the same thing people up in here do daily to other people they don't like. I was being a statistical idiot saying things that probably aren't true. So yes, I defend her because she personally doesn't deserve it. Be mad at some of her crazy over the top fans but stop talking so much shit about the women who has a blessed talent and doing what you can not. Jesus.

Edit. Wow, was interesting.. What the hell did I just do? Lmao!

Well now.. Carrying on to normal conversation.. Ha ha... This is awkward lol

iePpz4sjtqePP.gif

U.

R.

NOT.
GETTING.
IT.

this is not about retribution, or comeuppance, or personal bullshit, or pressed-stan bullying mentality. You are looking at this through stan-tunnel vision, as if this is Bey's forum and we all registered for the express purpose of shading/trolling/coming for/GOING IN on Beyoncé.
ibzjjqAQD3vS1s.gif
That's not the case. This is PopGAF. A 'free for all' of sorts, set w/i the confines of GAF's greater TOS.

artists have ups and downs - and they get dragged for their very existence in those 'downs'. Ques sera sera. Katy is on toP currently, but if/when she's down she will get the ever-loving shit DRAGGED out of ha, to Hell and back, etc.

Bey stans are ready, willing and able to DISH IT OUT but REFUSE to take it. Oh well. Have a seat.

iLZL6Zk4AvDv1.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Grimes got invited to do a boiler room set and apparently trolled the shit out of them.

Most artists take their invitation to DJ for Boiler Room very seriously. Then there is Grimes. The Boiler Room hit Ibiza today for a party at influential electronic artist/DJ Richie Hawtin’s house, and Grimes was present to provide music for an hour. Instead of digging for some deep cuts and giving the people what they want, Grimes took a very different route. Her set included Taylor Swift, Daddy Yankee, Venga Boys, and, of course, Mariah Carey’s “All I Want For Christmas is You.” She played the music off of her iPod.

Some people enjoyed the epic trolling of a culture that has become notorious for taking itself very seriously. Others were just confused, pissed off, and weirded out.

http://pigeonsandplanes.com/2013/08/grimes-boiler-room-troll/#item18_226774

It's a bit ridiculous how much I love Grimes.

iePpz4sjtqePP.gif

U.

R.

NOT.
GETTING.
IT.

this is not about retribution, or comeuppance, or personal bullshit, or pressed-stan bullying mentality. You are looking at this through stan-tunnel vision, as if this is Bey's forum and we all registered for the express purpose of shading/trolling/coming for/GOING IN on Beyoncé.
ibzjjqAQD3vS1s.gif
That's not the case. This is PopGAF. A 'free for all' of sorts, set w/i the confines of GAF's greater TOS.

artists have ups and downs - and they get dragged for their very existence in those 'downs'. Ques sera sera. Katy is on toP currently, but if/when she's down she will get the ever-loving shit DRAGGED out of ha, to Hell and back, etc.

Bey stand are ready, willing and able to DISH IT OUT but REFUSE to take it. Oh well. Have a seat.

iLZL6Zk4AvDv1.gif

#dead

You win.

Touchdown

Banned

Eminem has never had any charm, hate to break it to you. The big bad 40 year old's rap career was built on having beefs with successful pop girls and his mom. First it was his girlfriend, then Britney, then Christina, then his mommy, then Mariah. Then his friend died and he got really fat and turned into a weeble. Then he lost some weight and used Pink and Rihanna as crutches to get himself on the radio again. He has some serious fucking women issues that is way past being sort out. His "fans" have grown up since he was popular a few years ago. I'm sure though he still has some tricks up his trailer trash sleeve but I don't expect him to ever be as popular as he once was.

iGKblhGFemnpl.gif

royalan

Yes, please don't get the thread put on time out again. I had nothing to distract me last time and was forced to be productive and actually earn my pay. And nobody got time for dat.

No buT

Fall TBA lol

Everything is pointing to SOMETHING September most likely a single and album date. Gotta wait a few weeks

So single in Sept. Album in Nov/Dec?

This could be a messy holiday season.

...and todays radio update. Katy slaying Gaga on Radio, in sales, and soon to be on streaming. Mess.

TOP 10

1. ROBIN THICKE – Blurred Lines f/Pharrell & T.I: 280.618 (+ 1.877)
2. IMAGINE DRAGONS – Radioactive: 152.959 (- 0.333)
3. MAROON 5 – Love Somebody: 151.371 (+ 0.088)
4. DAFT PUNK – Get Lucky: 146.737 (- 3.491)
5. BRUNO MARS – Treasure: 136.457 (+ 0.218)
6. ZEDD – Clarity f/Foxes: 124.455 (+ 0.844)
7. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE – Mirrors: 111.552 (- 1.778)
8. ANNA KENDRICK – Cups (Pitch Perfect’s When…: 111.397 (+ 0.580)
9. MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS – Same Love f/Mary Lambert: 105.998 (+ 0.008)
10. CAPITAL CITIES – Safe And Sound: 101.666 (+ 1.085)

FILA

11. CALVIN HARRIS F/ELLIE GOULDING – I Need Your Love: 92.740 (+ 0.529)
12. JASON DERULO – The Other Side: 89.743 (- 1.101)
13. MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS – Can’t Hold Us f/Ray Dalton: 83.031 (- 1.500)
14. PINK – Just Give Me A Reason: 76.054 (- 0.490)
15. JAY Z – Holy Grail f/Justin Timberlake: 73.473 (+ 2.630)
16. PHILLIP PHILLIPS – Gone, Gone, Gone: 71.710 (+ 0.715)
17. BRETT ELDREDGE – Don’t Ya: 66.104 (+ 0.437)
18. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE – Take Back The Night: 64.702 (+ 0.689) ▲
19. RANDY HOUSER – Runnin’ Outta Moonlight: 64.067 (- 0.961) ▼
20. HUNTER HAYES – I Want Crazy: 62.794 (- 1.067)

OUTRAS

KEITH URBAN – Little Bit Of Everything: 59.915 (+ 0.330)
CARRIE UNDERWOOD – See You Again: 59.378 (+ 0.036)
MILEY CYRUS – We Can’t Stop: 58.923 (+ 0.285)
LANA DEL REY – Summertime Sadness: 53.466 (+ 1.927)
EASTON CORBIN – All Over The Road: 53.393 (+ 0.829)
KATY PERRY – Roar: 49.550 (+ 8.855)
FLORIDA-GEORGIA LINE – Round Here: 48.611 (+ 0.765)
J. COLE – Crooked Smile f/TLC: 47.907 (+ 0.509)
KENNY CHESNEY – When I See This Bar: 35.802 (+ 0.158)
TAYLOR SWIFT – Everything Has …f/Ed Sheeran: 30.601 (+ 0.508)
PINK – True Love f/Lily Allen: 30.321 (+ 0.593)
DRAKE – Hold On We’re Going Home: 23.535 (- 9.317) (LOL flop radio deal)
PARAMORE – Still Into You: 23.139 (+ 0.325)
ENRIQUE IGLESIAS – Turn The Night Up: 22.641 (- 0.041)
LADY GAGA – Applause: 19.918 (+5.175)
CURIOSIDADES

SHERYL CROW – Easy: 28.822
SARA BAREILLES – Brave: 26.258
LORDE – Royals: 22.341 (+ 0.824)
ONE DIRECTION – Best Song Ever: 22.079 (+ 0.127)
AVICII – Wake Me Up: 20.721 (+ 1.036)
ROBIN THICKE – Give It 2 U f/Kendrick Lamar: 14.648
MIRANDA LAMBERT – All Kinds of Kinds: 11.748
FLO RIDA – Can’t Believe It f/Pitbull: 9.583 (+ 0.727)
DEMI LOVATO – Made In The USA: 5.291
FIFTH HARMONY – Miss Movin’ On: 5.155
DANIELLE BRADBERY – The Heart Of Dixie: 3.616
SELENA GOMEZ – Slow Down: 2.016
ICONA POP – All Night: 1.265
FALL OUT BOY – Alone Together: 0.746
ELLIE GOULDING – Burn: 0.464

Majmun

LOL at the last two pages. Bey just can't stay out of POPGAF's mind.

And it's pretty strange seeing Gaga's song underperform. I actually like Aura more tbh.

Lana slaying with Summertime Sadness makes me glad tho. The song is amazing.

Trigger

DRAKE – Hold On We’re Going Home: 23.535 (- 9.317) (LOL flop radio deal)

Nawt after just praised him on the last page.
OupKFO7.gif

Eminem has never had any charm, hate to break it to you. The big bad 40 year old's rap career was built on having beefs with successful pop girls and his mom. First it was his girlfriend, then Britney, then Christina, then his mommy, then Mariah. Then his friend died and he got really fat and turned into a weeble. Then he lost some weight and used Pink and Rihanna as crutches to get himself on the radio again. He has some serious fucking women issues that is way past being sort out. His "fans" have grown up since he was popular a few years ago. I'm sure though he still has some tricks up his trailer trash sleeve but I don't expect him to ever be as popular as he once was.

iGKblhGFemnpl.gif

nnnnn

go in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom