• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should have gone to the Chime Against Change Bey Concert, my evening is so boring and it's my birthday in 40 minutes.
iO7CWpouWko1q.gif
Happy Birthday!

tumblr_m82309dNDH1qf0v2io1_500.gif

Artemisia

Banned
Then again, if Christina was actually INVITED to more high-profile gigs then you would actually be given the opportunity to properly compare those two sides of you,

Right? If Xtina had the same busy performance schedule as Beyonce, she would be doing exactly what Roy is criticizing Beyonce for: same choreo, same arrangements, same songs, etc.

royalan

Right? If Xtina had the same busy performance schedule as Beyonce, she would be doing exactly what Roy is criticizing Beyonce for: same choreo, same arrangements, same songs, etc.

Pfft. you tried it.

There is no evidence to support this. Xtina has constantly mixed up her performances and arrangements. She does have a few staples, but she can't be accused of the type of Rinse and Repeat Beyonce is guilty of. Shameful.

Besides, ain't nobody even bring Xtina up right now. So don't try it just because you can't accept the truth about your Salvation Army fave.

Yado

& still no ATM Jam...

BBD is pretty good. I think it would have made a better first single than Yung Rapunxel if her label had pushed it.

Pfft. you tried it.

There is no evidence to support this. Xtina has constantly mixed up her performances and arrangements. She does have a few staples, but she can't be accused of the type of Rinse and Repeat Beyonce is guilty of. Shameful.

Besides, ain't nobody even bring Xtina up right now. So don't try it just because you can't accept the truth about your Salvation Army fave.

If Christina's recent string of performances actually challenged her in so far as, oh I dunno, having choreography or basic A-B-C stage movements then yes, you will see very obvious correlation.

Just because Beyonce dances a lot and performs a lot doesn't mean that the expectation to change things up with every performance suddenly becomes more rigid. That's bullshit and you know it.

Lady Gaga changes costumes and storylines sometimes with her live performances but the choreo is exactly the same. So hush.

The point of the Christina reference is that you're drawing a complaint over someone whose work schedule and stage-effort is completely lost on you. You have literally no one in your frame of reference to compare her to in this instance because nobody moves, sings, and performs like she does right now. No one. If you're going to needlessly pick on someone for things that don't even apply to anyone else in the game then I'm never going to take those complaints seriously.

royalan

If Christina's recent string of performances actually challenged her in so far as, oh I dunno, having choreography or basic A-B-C stage movements then yes, you will see very obvious correlation.

Just because Beyonce dances a lot and performs a lot doesn't mean that the expectation to change things up with every performance suddenly becomes more rigid. That's bullshit and you know it.

Lady Gaga changes costumes and storylines sometimes with her live performances but the choreo is exactly the same. So hush.

The point of the Christina reference is that you're drawing a complaint over someone whose work schedule and stage-effort is completely lost on you. You have literally no one in your frame of reference to compare her to in this instance because nobody moves, sings, and performs like she does right now. No one. If you're going to needlessly pick on someone for things that don't even apply to anyone else in the game then I'm never going to take those complaints seriously.

Uhhh...but weren't YOU the one complaining about how she was rehashing...like, barely even a page ago? Sit.

Besides, it's not merely the choreo she recycles. Even the PERSONAL introspective moments that are supposed to appear spontaneous are jacked from as many as TWO TOURS ago. That's pathetic and you know it.

The reach, I cannot

The only reach in that statement was the Michael Jackson was anything other than a drug addicted pedophile.

Edit: Of the subject of choreography, it seems that the performers who focus the most on new exciting choreography don't do much by the way of live singing.

Mumei

On the subject of choreography, it seems that the performers who focus the most on new exciting choreography don't do much by the way of live singing.

Well, complicated choreography is generally antithetical to singing; even Bey works around it by making use of backing tracks, having her microphone's reverb turned up, or pacing the choreography around the vocals (e.g. I don't see her doing crazy shit and singing at the same time; they seem more to alternate). Or she's even lipped occasionally because of this. I don't think there's shame in this; even MJ who was also praised for his ability to combine choreography and singing has many, many lipped performances.

Kyon

Banned
I'd rather have my dead knee fave doing a lazy technical dance than Bey popping her hot pocket and recycling TBH. Seriously all Bey does is pop her Pikachu that is NOT dancing.

Bey performer >>>>>>>> =/= Dancer with variety<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

DMeisterJ

Banned
I'd rather have my dead knee fave doing a lazy technical dance than Bey popping her hot pocket and recycling TBH. Seriously all Bey does is pop her Pikachu

And then her stans act like her stale choreography slays lives or something. Like, what good is a nice dance routine if you do it again, again, and again?

Kyon

Banned
And then her stans act like her stale choreography slays lives or something. Like, what good is a nice dance routine if you do it again, again, and again?

Yeah. I agree truly honestly it's just hilarious when people call her one of the best dancers in the biz. She has no technique at all.

PERFORMANCE wise yes they are right . Dancing wise hell no

DMeisterJ

Banned
WaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiT. Is the #Navy criticizing choreography now? I didn't get that memo.

Now WHAT THE FUCK did my post have to do with Rihanna? The HIVE stays trying to always go for someone else's fave instead of responding to the criticism at hand. How insecure.

Try to reply to my post without a comparison to Rihanna, yeah?

Let me repost it so you can try to reply again.

Reply to THAT without using the word "Rihanna" "Navy" or anything about my fave.

botty

Banned
Yeah. I agree truly honestly it's just hilarious when people call her one of the best dancers in the biz. She has no technique at all.

PERFORMANCE wise yes they are right . Dancing wise hell no

how low can standards be, tho

a6rCG.gif

Now WHAT THE FUCK did my post have to do with Rihanna? The HIVE stays trying to always go for someone else's fave instead of responding to the criticism at hand. How insecure.

Try to reply to my post without a comparison to Rihanna, yeah?

Pump your brakes sweetie. I <3 Rihanna, but i'm not here for the hypocrisy, be it Roy criticizing Bey's vocals when Xtina.... well does what she does, or be it the Navy coming for anyone's dance moves.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Pump your brakes sweetie. I <3 Rihanna, but i'm not here for the hypocrisy, be it Roy criticizing Bey's vocals when Xtina.... well does what she does, or be it the Navy coming for anyone's dance moves.

But again, what does Rihanna have to do with my original post? Let's not always jump to drag someone else's fave when you're caught with your pants down.

But again, what does Rihanna have to do with my original post? Let's not always jump to drag someone else's fave when you're caught with your pants down.

Well I guess if you couldn't criticize other girls for doing what your fave can't you wouldn't post anything except news that she's selling out her tour.

Trigger

I'd rather have my dead knee fave doing a lazy technical dance than Bey popping her hot pocket and recycling TBH. Seriously all Bey does is pop her Pikachu that is NOT dancing.

Bey performer >>>>>>>> =/= Dancer with variety<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

deeeead

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
On the Gaming side, if you tease inside information and then it doesn't come true, they permaban you.
makeup.gif

lets not

its easy to assume Gaga will return in August, plus the album doesn't have to be done before releasing the first single

Gaga will probably be working till the release date is near
makeup.gif

PERFORMANCE wise yes they are right. Dancing wise hell no

I was just wondering, and this is not just directed at Kyon. But it seems as though that a premium is placed on the spectacle and not the actual performance. Like, if there's not a million dancers, snakes, fireworks, random bleeding all over the place, blah blah blah, then it isn't ICONIC. Maybe it's just the most vocal among us. Personally I'm not here for it and I prefer that artists just deliver an amazing performance, be it playing your instrument or belting out your ballad with minimal distraction.

I can't remember the actual quote, but Diva Extraordinaire Patti LaBelle said something along the lines of, you only need all that superfluous stuff if your actual talent isn't up to par. Those who can, do, and those who can't, distract. What say you?

ibqcSSCpkXQ8Hc.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom