• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been perched in this thread waiting for someone to post it

Ask and you shall receive.

Before Amanda Bynes.... There was....
BVqeKkhIAAAlVwQ.jpg:large

I mean, isn't it sort of the kettle calling the kettle black? I don't think Miley triggering someone's mental health is acceptable but come on Sinead? You know you should be the last one speaking. Sure her message was nice and everything but I probably would have said the same thing too. Just not as humiliating and with a little class.

I bet Michelle Williams got really excited when she read that letter. At least, until she got to the words 'first lady'.

#Death

Yado

I mean, isn't it sort of the kettle calling the kettle black? I don't think Miley triggering someone's mental health is acceptable but come on Sinead? You know you should be the last one speaking. Sure her message was nice and everything but I probably would have said the same thing too. Just not as humiliating and with a little class.

She wasn't even trying to drag or attack Miley, so that response was completely unwarranted. Either way people just need to leave Miley alone and stop trying to give her advice, she's old enough to live her life and present herself however she wants.

When someone reaches out to you with genuine empathy and concern and then you throw it back in their face by making fun of their mental health, that is really rude and crass, no matter the circumstances. I don't think it's the pot calling the kettle black, simply because Sinead has actual life experience with this and has learned from it. Triley's going for the media attention as per and is being a little brat about it.

Kyon

Banned
I think the fact that every fanbase and the media making that letter look negative made Miley see it the same way.

Artemisia

Banned
Sinead's letter was a rude condescending mess, but Miley should have just ignored it rather than stooping so low to use someone's sincere cry for help to make fun of them.

Kyon

Banned
I think she's just being rude. That letter did not seem negative to me at all.

It didn't seem negative to you because it wasn't directed at you.

Miley knows what she's doing and it probably irked her that someone who is only known for ripping a picture of the pope is trying to counsel her.

The letter was condescending. The way certain things were written I would feel uncomfortable reading it too.

Wynnebeck

Banned
It didn't seem negative to you because it wasn't directed at you.

Miley knows what she's doing and it probably irked her that someone who is only known for ripping a picture of the pope is trying to counsel her.

The letter was condescending. The way certain things were written I would feel uncomfortable reading it too.

Hey, she did 'When You Love' from the Rugrats in Paris soundtrack too! Get it right. lol

Trigger

She wasn't even trying to drag or attack Miley, so that response was completely unwarranted. Either way people just need to leave Miley alone and stop trying to give her advice, she's old enough to live her life and present herself however she wants.

I agree. She'll probably be in agreement with Sinead two decades from now anyway.

The fact that Sinead was using a public Twitter account to get medical help shows me that she's probably not all there. That's no excuse to add insult to her injury though. I haven't read that "open letter" she wrote for Miley but if she was counseling her on not being controversial then let me laugh out loud.

This is what i'm saying. Yes, she young but she's not that young. People should make her learn from her experiences. She's grown now, and she knows right from wrong. No on is more right than she is because she is fully aware of her situation and doesn't need help. She's just having fun and doing what she wants. I know she wasn't trying to drag Miley and her message was sincere, despite Miley's terrible rebuttal, but everyone kind of needs to keep their two cents to themselves now. Miley is Miley, and trying to give her there idea of "Grown up" speak is beating a dead horse. I think we've heard it all by now.

When someone reaches out to you with genuine empathy and concern and then you throw it back in their face by making fun of their mental health, that is really rude and crass, no matter the circumstances. I don't think it's the pot calling the kettle black, simply because Sinead has actual life experience with this and has learned from it. Triley's going for the media attention as per and is being a little brat about it.

True but Sinead learned from her experiences did she not? If so, then let Miley do the same thing. We all as humans have to make the mistakes despite all the advice in the world telling us not to. Sinead letter was nice but she can't be mentally not right trying to set an example or even trying to be concerned. What she needs to do is stay concerned about her life and fix her situation. That's like someone ratchet telling me how to be classy when they not classy lol.

The fact that Sinead was using a public Twitter account to get medical help shows me that she's probably not all there. That's no excuse to add insult to her injury though. I haven't read that "open letter" she wrote for Miley but if she was counseling her on not being controversial then let me laugh out loud.

It was more of a "don't sell your soul to the music industry" type of deal.

True but Sinead learned from her experiences did she not? If so, then let Miley do the same thing. We all as humans have to make the mistakes despite all the advice in the world telling us not to. Sinead letter was nice but she can't be mentally not right trying to set an example or even trying to be concerned. What she needs to do is stay concerned about her life and fix her situation. That's like someone ratchet telling me how to be classy when they not classy lol.

Basically what Crumpet said.

Redhood

So that britney video. So many wonderful looks. I am slayed.

Video could have used a bit of variety. A few guy backup dancers eh.

I so got Poker face and Love Game vibe from a few costumes and locations. Don't know why?

If there, is one thing that I can criticize Miley on its the fact that she should at least acknowledge when someone is giving her good advice. Despite that it may not fit her lifestyle choice, she can still make the effort to say, "You know what? You guys are right however this is my life; we all make mistakes and we all learn from our mistakes so thank you."

On a side note though I feel like the comparisons between her and Rihanna are getting even more true.

Stan.
ibaC15BCZGElU6.gif

[edit]: I'll probably be lynched for this, but I just could not get into True Romance. I liked a few songs. But lordt at the rest. Should I give it a relisten, sistren?

Yado

Stan.
ibaC15BCZGElU6.gif

[edit]: I'll probably be lynched for this, but I just could not get into True Romance. I liked a few songs. But lordt at the rest. Should I give it a relisten, sistren?

That's because it's not that good. Listen to your heart.

iyNmX7ICBMopL.gif

moulels

Capsule just moved the iTunes release date of their new album CAPS LOCK up to the 6th from the 23rd of this month. Worrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk, Yasutallah Nakatasus.

Sis are you fucking shitting me?

Cause I'm losing my mind rn, HOLY SHIT

YASSSSSSSS YASUTALLAH, GIVE US THOSE AVANT-GARDE SLUT BOPS EARLY

nakata+shimmy.gif

SaintZ

Now Billboard drags Justin to the pits: Justin Timberlake Should Have Scrapped Pt. 2 of His '20/20 Experience'

I looked forward to loosening up my belt and gluttonously taking in "The 20/20 Experience – 2 of 2." And then I heard it. Good grief, it’s bad.

His "20/20 Experience World Tour" kicks off in weeks. It makes sense to release and album ahead of a tour, but not if it’s a dud like this. Justin easily could have rode into the tour on the heels of his collab Legends of the Summer arena tour with Jay Z and push out more singles from the first half of "20/20." Instead, he chose to peter out with a half-assed nudie video for "Tunnel Vision" (a song that deserved a better push) and go on to his underwhelming "2 of 2" lead single "Take Back the Night" (which only peaked at No. 29 on the Hot 100 chart). Essentially, it set the tone for the mediocre (at best) 11-song set to come.

If the first half of "20/20" encouraged a few groans from fans for clocking in at 70 minutes with 10 songs, "2 of 2," at a hollow 74 mins, doubles that in "Please, stop" cries. Substituting part one's musical innovation with lazy bonus time on nearly every song, it hardly ever explores lyrical ground its first half didn’t.
lanasmilesdrue9.gif

ummmmmmmmmmmT

I don't get this. Like it's goofy with a goofy video, but unlike Gangnam Style I can understand it which automatically makes it worse and the beat isn't even that great.

I don't understand.

moulels

I'm looking forward to the new capsule album because

a) LEVEL3 shits
b) I JUST WANNA XXX YOU is still the slut bop to beat.

YASSSSSSSS

nakata+shimmy.gif

Drunken girls, drunken boys,
Dancing with an ugly chick,
I JUST WANNA XXX YOU

i4ScG7sUmArUX.gif

I know, drunken girl,
Are you lookin' for this guy?
Do you think you are cool?
Get out the way bixxh.
I know, drunken girl,
The way that we be moving.
Do you think you are cool?
Get all the right beats.

i4ScG7sUmArUX.gif

Wow, is 20/20 2 of 2 really that bad? All these critics are bashing it, which is ironic because I assumed the reason 20/20 part 1 was getting so much praise was because it was Justin. lol

I'm excited to listen to this now. This makes me wanna start writing reviews on here again, but I think I might save that for Prism/8ney/ARTPOP instead.

Artemisia

Banned
Wow, is 20/20 2 of 2 really that bad? All these critics are bashing it, which is ironic because I assumed the reason 20/20 part 1 was getting so much praise was because it was Justin. lol

I'm excited to listen to this now. This makes me wanna start writing reviews on here again, but I think I might save that for Prism/8ney/ARTPOP instead.

Listen to Bitter Rivals by the critically acclaimed pop duo Sleigh Bells (available in stores October 8th) instead
alexis.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom