• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fey

Banned
Ok so im just visiting here popGAF, but i just watched the MDNA concert on Netflix since its there and holy jesus.

Is this really a concert??

The production values, remixes, routines, video backdrops, political messages, stage presence is just INCREDIBLE.

Ive seen other "pop" shows before, Janet, Pink, Beyonce, Kylie etc., none are any anywhere near the same level of show/production.

They all seem so high-school production in comparison now...

Im gonna go check out the other recent Madonna tours, that shit was amazing.

Watch her Confessions Tour. *O*

Aguila

#ICONIC
Speaking of this movie...

This scene is always what I imagine people view Mumei's daily interactions with us to be like. lol

ea2a4fdb.gif

RubyFaith

Their contracts were expiring and everyone was speculating. Their label in standard PR Fashion lied and said negotiations for their new contracts were going well.

wow, all these groups crumbling. Tara, Wonder Girls, Kara. Guess there's an end to everything.

xaosslug

Lupin is amazing.

Jiyoung is also leaving? What is going ON?

well, since KARA are more relevant in Japan they pretty much live there and return to Korea for short periods to do halfhearted promo. She probably misses her family + Korean acts are ridiculously underpaid to begin with. It just doesn't seem worth it, tbh.

honestly, tho. As long as Hara stays the group can carry on, considering she's the most popular. And Seungyeon is the main vocalist, while Gyuri is the main fierce bitch... I think they can carry on as the 3 woman group easily.

wow, all these groups crumbling. Tara, Wonder Girls, Kara. Guess there's an end to everything.

er, T-ara isn't crumbling? In fact, they've gone back to basics and it's the original 6. :D

Wonder Girls is whatever. I mean they were never quite the same after Sunmi left anyway. -__-

not DST jumping me forward an hour
iAZYc3E6Xuxpw.gif

Isn't T-ara the group that had that huge Scandal (check your local listings) almost two years ago?

One of them had a nude video scandal.
Last year they faced massive criticism for bullying another member, upon which member was booted out of the group.
Prone to member reshuffles. So... probably

Nemesis_

And Sticky & Sweet, and the Girlie Show, and Drowned World...

DON'T rush to watch Drowned World. It's cute to have this kind of old man nostalgia and be like WOW HOW FAR DID TOURS COME but it's seriously the most boring of her tours.

I'm actually shocked a tour supporting two fantastic albums (one of which is arguably her best) was so.......basic.

I think, from what I've watched - Reinvention and Blonde Ambition were my favourites.

EDIT: Actually Girlie Show is, imo, one of her most underrated tours (if not a bit campy).

As per your Gaga question - the only tour that is out of hers is the Monster Ball. It's probably better in terms of tour conventions - it has everything the MDNA Tour has in terms of setup.

The Born This Way Ball might not ever get released, but is more of an operatic show - there's barely any technology involved (besides a giant castle that moves) and no interludes at all.

Bitch why isn't Lupin or Damaged Lady in your post >_>

Also it's been known for a while Nicole wanted to go solo also Jiyoung is leaving

I haven't heard Damage lady yet and I totally forgot about lupin lol! I know jiyoung is leaving to focus on school I think.

Well she was disrespected and more things could have happened if she stayed there. While she is not doing her work of a 50 minutes set why should she tolerate such things?
iAZYc3E6Xuxpw.gif

Truth.. I can agree with this but she could of you know apologized on stage to the other fans that was there. I would of been like "Thanks to the fucker who threw the can.. I am unwilling to perform.. See you in blah blah"

well, since KARA are more relevant in Japan they pretty much live there and return to Korea for short periods to do halfhearted promo. She probably misses her family + Korean acts are ridiculously underpaid to begin with. It just doesn't seem worth it, tbh.

honestly, tho. As long as Hara stays the group can carry on, considering she's the most popular. And Seungyeon is the main vocalist, while Gyuri is the main fierce bitch... I think they can carry on as the 3 woman group easily.

er, T-ara isn't crumbling? In fact, they've gone back to basics and it's the original 6. :D

Wonder Girls is whatever. I mean they were never quite the same after Sunmi left anyway. -__-

Eww why does everyone like 20 toes Goohara!? She is my least favorite member. In fact if she was leaving I would be so happy. I would be like finally I don't have to see her no talented ass in the front anymore. As long as Godyuri is still there, I'm good but I retire my Kara fan card. It's time. However WG was whack after they decided they wanted to cross over to America and don't get me started on T-ara..

xaosslug

Isn't T-ara the group that had that huge Scandal (check your local listings) almost two years ago?

eh, the bullying thing was mostly over-blown BS cultivated by stans of competing groups (imo). T-ara is still super-popular in Japan, and with Korea's monkey-see-monkey-do mentality If you are popular somewhere else that's good enough for them! x-D Anyway, no one seriously gave any fucks about Hwayoung, which will be proven when she returns as a solo act (is rumoured) and flops miserably. Not to mention her twin sister didn't feel at all like she should leave her group under the same management... I mean

Eww why does everyone like 20 toes Goohara!? She is my least favorite member. In fact if she was leaving I would be so happy. I would be like finally I don't have to see her no talented ass in the front anymore. As long as Godyuri is still there, I'm good but I retire my Kara fan card. It's time. However WG was whack after they decided they wanted to cross over to America and don't get me started on T-ara..

i don't get Hara's popularity either. I think it's the big eyes/doll look she's got going?

not too much on k-pop gurls and talent... I mean Nicole was only ever known for her looks + Americanization, lbr

Kyon

Banned

Yes netizens exposed the T-errorists a while back. They tracked them way back in junior high bullying people and being in cliques.

Ever since then they have flopped and no one cares about them except some western Stans.

xaosslug

Yes netizens exposed the T-errorists a while back. They tracked them way back in junior high bullying people and being in cliques.

Ever since then they have flopped and no one cares about them except some western Stans.

lol, the delusion. . .

i don't get Hara's popularity either. I think it's the big eyes/doll look she's got going?

not too much on k-pop gurls and talent... I mean Nicole was only ever known for her looks + Americanization, lbr

Hara isn't even the most banging girl in Kpop and her beauty is Overblown. Gyuri and Nicole looked 1000x better than her and they still stayed in the back. That irks me. They do the same dumb shit to 4minute

These are the moments why I love you Kyon.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Is ^ an old picture or is Bush making a comeback?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Watching Alan Carr and Iggy Azalea was performing.
Housemate proceeds to say she looks like an ugly Jessica Alba

I can kinda see it

Yes he stans someone who can keep their vocals on tip top conditions, still does good choreo and keeps it classy on interviews.

Go on.

Go in...

I just cannot get into Iggy. About the only praise I can give her is that she's handling her career much better than a certain someone.

iAZYc3E6Xuxpw.gif

I agree.. The only songs I ever liked from her was Murda Buizness and Pussy.. That's it. She's okay pretty lame now. Idk what happened but when she first came out I was in love with her but she's just okay now.

xaosslug

Yes he stans someone who can keep their vocals on tip top conditions, still does good choreo and keeps it classy on interviews.

Go on.

pay attention, sis. godelsmetric acts like Kate Bush is the queen of anything. I clock a bitch. He brings up my stanning of Christina (which is a desperate, fallback strawman argument to begin with), to counter my opinion of his opinion of Kate Bush. I bring up his stanning of Bey, to counter his opinion of my opinion, etc.

anyway, Poopi. Plz, get your life, and stop taking the fact that no1curr about YOUR fave out on the whole of PopGAF - until your next banning. Or stay mad. Whatever, tbh. ¬_¬

SaintZ

I agree.. The only songs I ever liked from her was Murda Buizness and Pussy.. That's it. She's okay pretty lame now. Idk what happened but when she first came out I was in love with her but she's just okay now.
She went in a more commercial, pop direction. I like Iggy and and like all of her 3 singles (although it took a little bit of time to get into CYL) but I think her label wanted her to be more mainstream. She even said that Bounce was a song written for someone else and they had to make tons of changes so it fit her style. At least her videos are always on poinT and she has a good attitude.

If you watch her iTunes festival performance, you see that the audience (and her) were a lot more into her older songs.

I think Iggy has the kind of face that's very dependent on the style look she's using. Sometimes she looks terrible, other times she looks amazing. It's hit or miss.

xaosslug

Indeed, why bother to highlight the pacific-sized gulf in our respective taste. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

no, see - you bringing Christina into the mix was a desperate reach for the stars, that failed because you are just as devoid any merit and as transparent as your fave of faves.

anyway, the point is that it's funny you would side-eye stan Kate Bush, when you hardcore stan someone that's KNOWN far and wide for their blatant thievery/creative bankruptcy/shady practices.

i mean

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
pay attention, sis. godelsmetric acts like Kate Bush is the queen of anything. I clock a bitch. He brings up my stanning of Christina (which is a desperate, fallback strawman argument to begin with), to counter my opinion of his opinion of Kate Bush. I bring up his stanning of Bey, to counter his opinion of my opinion, etc.

You didn't clock shit. I brought up Xtina because it demonstrates the kind of cognitive deficit that would be required in order to think that Kate Bush isn't flawless and godlike. So it was perfectly relevant.

Stay pressed and seething. TTFN.
iXqK161mikQ8V.png

royalan

She went in a more commercial, pop direction. I like Iggy and and like all of her 3 singles (although it took a little bit of time to get into CYL) but I think her label wanted her to be more mainstream. She even said that Bounce was a song written for someone else and they had to make tons of changes so it fit her style. At least her videos are always on poinT and she has a good attitude.

If you watch her iTunes festival performance, you see that the audience (and her) were a lot more into her older songs.

I agree with this.

I'm not going to say I DISLIKE Iggy's new stuff, because a lot of it is fun...but it's ALSO different from the harder rap she was doing when she was coming up.

I prefer the Iggy was were introduced to in her Ignorant Art mixtape. (Pu$$y, Backseat, and My World were and still are hot). But I don't dislike Commercial Iggy. Work and Bounce are my jams, too.

xaosslug

You didn't clock shit. I brought up Xtina because it demonstrates the kind of cognitive deficit that would be required in order to think that Kate Bush isn't flawless and godlike. So it was perfectly relevant.

Stay pressed and seething. TTFN.
iXqK161mikQ8V.png

but you wholeheartedly, w/o shame stan Beyonce. Beyonce, good sis. And not only can you look yourself in the mirror, but turn around and stan Kate Bush, and dare to go in on me for stanning Christina? Talk about cognitive dissonance. I mean

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
So what came first? Kate bush's Alligator pic....or Beyonce's?

tumblr_mtt2mbTKpU1s47ajco2_250.gif

Kate Bushsus's, of course.

Also be careful using that GIF, we might be heading towards another PopGAF Shutdown.

but you wholeheartedly, w/o shame stan Beyonce. Beyonce, good sis. And not only can look yourself in the mirror, but turn around and stan Kate Bush, and dare to go in on me for stanning Christina? Talk about cognitive dissonance. I mean

Kate Bush is easily one of the best musicians of the 20th and 21st centuries. I have literally no idea what you're even going on about any more.

FWIW, I massively, hugely prefer Kate Bush to Beyoncé. I would not even put them in the same league in terms of preference.

botty

Banned
Kate Bushsus's, of course.

Also be careful using that GIF, we might be heading towards another PopGAF Shutdown.

Kate Bush is easily one of the best musicians of the 20th and 21st centuries. I have literally no idea what you're even going on about any more.

Sis.. it's just a guy sticking his tongue out..

7732f81d.png

RubyFaith

I'm glad they're back to 6ara but everyone hates them. Qri is their last hope.

tumblr_inline_mk8wtrqDZN1qz4rgp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom