• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yado

oh and all this time i thought you were cool

I was kind of there for Lungs because I could see the potential despite the weak material. Ceremonials is a mess, there are a few good songs but the screeching and the caterwauling...

imYhbULKxVrlc.gif

royalan

I was kind of there for Lungs because I could see the potential despite the weak material. Ceremonials is a mess, there are a few good songs but the screeching and the caterwauling...

imYhbULKxVrlc.gif

My only gripe with Ceremonials was that it could have used a bit more variety from Florence vocally. A lot of the songs kinda bled together, and you couldn't really get a cohesive vibe from the album because half the time you don't know what the hell Florence is even fucking singing about (lets be real). But I love that album overall.

I do prefer Lungs though. Something about the lower-grade production in Lungs really made Florence's epic vocals pop.

Ceremonials was great, though I don't use it a lot anymore.

Much better than whichever hew hipster bandwagon people are on now that Florence got big.

Yado

Florence actually sounded like she was going off key at some points. Those maddening, unfocused banshee wails...

iYuToDbmoG0gd.gif

Why?

DMeisterJ

Banned
I'M BACK BITCHES

A mess that the dumb flop of a mod that banned me thought that this was a ban-worthy post. I mean, I've seen people say worse in this very thread, but I got clocked. Not surprising tho, moderation on this site is the exact opposite of fair and balanced.

But oh well, like a Diamond, I'm still beautiful *.*

cory64

I'M BACK BITCHES

A mess that the dumb flop of a mod that banned me thought that this was a ban-worthy post. I mean, I've seen people say worse in this very thread, but I got clocked. Not surprising tho, moderation on this site is the exact opposite of fair and balanced.

Yes you are.
Shine...
Bright!!

Artemisia

Banned
I'M BACK BITCHES

girl... you're going to banned again dfgl;jkdsfgh;jlds

botty

Banned
I'M BACK BITCHES

Welcome back.

ilboF3DU2izso.gif

Trigger

I'M BACK BITCHES

Bless.

FqZoO.gif

I'M BACK BITCHES

Welcome back! XD

Please edit so you don't get banned again

Artemisia

Banned
DMeisterJ
Banned

iNNM5i6A33dvi.gif

dont ban me im not laughing at her ban, but the situation of her being banned not even 30 minutes after being unbanned

royalan

I don't know why you would. The way the final song builds up for almost 4 minutes and then explodes into a 2 minute slay... ;_;

You're right.

I don't DISLIKE the final version of the song. But something about the way chorus is arranged in the demo really speaks to me. It reminds me A LOT of the hymns we sung in the church I grew up in...and for some reason I feel like, if I were ever in Florence's presence and told her that, she'd be pleased by the connection.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
like how can you not know what was wrong with your post that got you banned and then come back with a post like that

the definition of pressed
iNNM5i6A33dvi.gif

dont ban me im not laughing at her ban, but the situation of her being banned not even 30 minutes after being unbanned

SAAAAAAAAAAAAAY MYYYYYYYYYYY NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME

AS EVERY COLOR ILLUMINATES

WE ARE SHINING

AND WE WILL NEVER BE AFRAID AGAIN

ChurchDance.gif

Welp, now it's time for a Florence binge.

Artemisia

Banned
You're right.

I don't DISLIKE the final version of the song. But something about the way chorus is arranged in the demo really speaks to me. It reminds me A LOT of the hymns we sung in the church I grew up in...and for some reason I feel like, if I were ever in Florence's presence and told her that, she'd be pleased by the connection.

I don't think you're off with your assumption. The album is called Ceremonials, I think that's the sound that inspired her to make the record in the first place. It becomes kinda obvious with tracks like Lover To Lover (the gospel teas) and No Light No Light (the intro with the organ).

royalan

Lover to Lover and Leave My Body persist as my favorite songs from Ceremonials.

I love how she sings Leave My Body. Truly next-level shit.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'M BACK BITCHES

ibrGEI8NrDywHv.gif

I'm YODELLING

Yado

Let me see...
i1Rpuo1ANCwK6.gif

My favourite songs from Ceremonials are the acoustic version of Breaking Down (don't care for the album version) and Remain Nameless

Never Let Me Go and Only If For A Night slay too. Most of the others aren't worth listening to.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
im about half way through and the new Aura just lacks that factor
The lyric video is shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom