• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Stefan™;86002009 said:
More strings are always a good thing!

Indeed
Hangman.gif

cory64

How can it be the beginning of a new trilogy when we never got the third Paparazzi/Telephone vid. Is she working with Valve?

Nemesis_

How can it be the beginning of a new trilogy when we never got the third Paparazzi/Telephone vid. Is she working with Valve?

Aura is the conclusion to the Akerlund Trilogy. It's happening, just not right now.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if she's abandoned the entire thing after all her fans were sending her death threats because she changed the first verse :air:

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Justin is delivering some interesting Urban tracks lately.

lILOgpG.gif

Considering hes been assaulting djs in clubs demanding they play more hip-hop I'm not surprised

ibu7srEyEUIxaN.gif

All that matters is alright. Run of the mill R&B

I'm thrilled that there's going to be 2 ARTPOP albums. The more music the better, I say. Kind of bummed that the album is 17 dollars on Amazon, but I want that foil... so I'll have to think about it.

cory64

Aura is the conclusion to the Akerlund Trilogy. It's happening, just not right now.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if she's abandoned the entire thing after all her fans were sending her death threats because she changed the first verse :air:

A mess
i8NZx3oENGfp9.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
tumblr_mul16jqaiP1qfy7xeo1_500.png

Not feeling so great today... Hospital fashion show anyone? Stay glamorous, no excuses! So sorry Seattle, I promise I'll come back soon!

dff3f1dc33a911e381d622000a1f975c_7.jpg

Designer custom bracelet and sky blue mod cut 60s style party gown... Very exclusive by Emergency room appointment only. Price upon request. Call 911 for more information...
3f0b81d233b711e3873722000a1fcfc8_7.jpg

Don't tell me I'm unfixable...
Source
She even keeps it classy at the hospital ;_;

Y'all do too much on Ellie for her looks. She's not your typical drop dead gorgeous beauty. But she's hardly anything close to ugly either. She has a unique beauty that helps her stand out from the crowd.

This opinion was brought to you by a gay man.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Xtina made the front page of the Guardian!

Christina Aguilera feeds 'war-torn' Rwanda

Christina Aguilera, ambassador for World Food Program, recently went to "war-torn Rwanda" People Magazine tells us. Well, thankfully she made it back home safely. War is not an easy thing. Although, I'm not sure exactly which war People Magazine is referring to – last I checked, the civil war and genocide in Rwanda ended 20 years ago. Well, Rwanda has other problems and its government is implicated in violence in neighbouring DRC, but it is not war-torn.

Her Light Up The Sky forms the background to the video about Aguilera's trip. We hear her sing "When skies are grey, I'll light your way, I'll be your shoulder, You can lean on me" while seeing her feed "starved African children".

"The people of Rwanda touched me in a way I cannot express or put into words. They are in a place that needs our help and I am so proud of the work that we are doing there," Aguilera says. "This trip came at a time when I needed to step away and connect with bigger issues in the world," she continues.

Africa. Helping westerners who're a wee bit down-in-the-dumps feel better about themselves since 1884.

Even if we were to accept this blatant lie that Rwanda is a "war-torn" place where "refugee camps" abound, what kind of superpowers do Aguilera and the WPF have to make them think they alone could change such situation? War and poverty are the result of larger structural inequalities, part of larger historical, political circumstances that no individual can resolve. And certainly not Hollywood style celebrities: Aguilera, Invisible Children's Jason Russell or even Bono. Enough of these celebrities scrolling out of nowhere wanting to save African lives. Keep to your various professions thank you very much.

Also, the participating "restaurants" to help end world hunger, partners with the WFP, are KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell. Really? Junk food providers helping end world hunger. Given all the information available to indicate the disastrous effects (heart diseases, diabetes) of eating junk food this partnership couldn't be more ironic.

The video ends with Aguilera singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" to a group of children. One among them is singing along and she seems a bit surprised by this. Too unfathomable that children of "war-torn poor Rwanda" might know an English/American nursery rhyme? Welcome to the 21st century.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/14/christina-aguilera-rwanda-feed

Understandtina Nohypocriticalmotivesguilera
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom