• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

Banned
tumblr_inline_mtxhrxYO0P1rnpuqy.gif

iEqj6nstJrjoV.gif

mhm

royalan

Xtina made the front page of the Guardian!

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/14/christina-aguilera-rwanda-feed

Understandtina Nohypocriticalmotivesguilera
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif

This article is disgusting. And, frankly, there's a time to drag and there's a time to just get the fuck over ourselves.

Christina Aguilera has been involved with hunger relief GLOBALLY for over a decade now, and RARELY has she EVER used it for self-promotion. Hell, most people didn't even know she was so involved until she was presented with an award from Hillary Clinton last year.

Christina may not have it in her to solve all of Africa's social/economic woes, but lets not drag people for simply wanting to do something.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Says you.
iIHGN2qWS0jeP.png

I am a little confused though. Isn't the entire point of celebrities getting involved in charity work to put a spotlight on it? It seems like if your argument is that nobody knew she was doing it you're practically shading your own fave.
ibx46nlUyHm1rR.png

royalan

I am a little confused though. Isn't the entire point of celebrities getting involved in charity work to put a spotlight on it? It seems like if your argument is that nobody knew she was doing it you're practically shading your own fave.
ibx46nlUyHm1rR.png

Well, the people who pay attention to that sort of thing knew about it, of course:

EE3BgGg.jpg

What I'm referring to is Christina using her charity to further her own name, career ambitions, and music. She's rarely ever used her charity work for that purpose, unlike:

ijXbDpq.png

xaosslug

This article is disgusting. And, frankly, there's a time to drag and there's a time to just get the fuck over ourselves.

Christina Aguilera has been involved with hunger relief GLOBALLY for over a decade now, and RARELY has she EVER used it for self-promotion. Hell, most people didn't even know she was so involved until she was presented with an award from Hillary Clinton last year.

Christina may not have it in her to solve all of Africa's social/economic woes, but lets not drag people for simply wanting to do something.

educate that lost soul, please.

valeo

White guilt does more harm than good.

SOMEONE HOLD ME.

OMG.

That G.U.Y. snippet is LIFE GIVING.

Oh, and I pre-ordered ARTPOP on Amazon. I couldn't resist getting that foil packaging. Now back to freaking out about G.U.Y.

OMG.

royalan

Gaga just somehow gave a snippet of G.U.Y. (Girl Under You) to a fan who just played it in some ghetto Google hangouts setup.

I recorded it with my phone since it was a live broadcast, so here it is.

G.U.Y. (Girl Under You) Snippet (Low Quality)

EDIT: Beaten RIP

EDIT: DIRECT FEED STUDIO QUALITY ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCI97tZBtKQ

This sounds AMAZING.

Everything about it gives me original The Fame tea.

OMG - is Gaga going Back to Basics with this album??? ;___;

Artemisia

Banned
fucckkkkk just give me the album

if she's going to make us wait a week for these snippets they should be longer than 12 seconds BIBLIO

Nemesis_

Stefan™;86073973 said:
I was hoping for promo singles instead of snippets, tbh. :/

Venus is next Friday, isn't it? So we'll have a new snippet and Venus by the 24th.

EDIT: Welp, it's the 27th.

So we'll have TWO snippets and Venus by the time Venus hits :3

Artemisia

Banned
I will try my hardest not to listen to the snippets.

I hate when you get a song snippet stuck in your head and go wild imagining how amazing the song will sound in full, only to be crushed when it isn't even close that.

Bladenic

Stefan™;86073973 said:
I was hoping for promo singles instead of snippets, tbh. :/

Same because I'm starved for the music, but I'm content with one new song and keeping the rest of the album completely fresh. Well minus the songs we've already heard at iTunes fest, but it'll still be a fresh experience hearing the studio versions.

I will try my hardest not to listen to the snippets.

I hate when you get a song snippet stuck in your head and go wild imagining how amazing the song will sound in full, only to be crushed when it isn't even close that.

This happened to me with Halcyon initially. I had abused the snippets to death and then most of the full songs were such a letdown for me.

I came around to the album eventually, but it took some time.

Artemisia

Banned
This happened to me with Halcyon initially. I had abused the snippets to death and then most of the full songs were such a letdown for me.

Death, Halcyon is EXACTLY what I was thinking when I wrote that post!!! I spammed the snippets and the album trailer like CRAZY. When I first heard the album I was still slain, but I didn't feel like I was completely enjoying the songs, just waiting for the part in the snippet to show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom