• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPQGfX1.png

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
The honeymoon period has worn off, and Prism really is a forgettable album
Legendary Lovers, International Smile, Dark Horse, Unconditionally, Spiritual and
Roar
are all good-great
The rest is boring filler

cory64

Closer to the Truth: 118k
Ciara: 122k
Talk A Good Game: 167k
Yours Truly: 219k
Stars Dance: 233k
Side Effects of You: 263k

Nemesis_

ARTPOP production credits are up on iTunes.

Aura: Lady Gaga, Anton Zaslavski, Amit Duvdevani & Erez Eisen
Venus: Lady Gaga, Paul "DJ White Shadow" Blair, Hugo Leclercq, Duni Zisis, Nick Monson & Sun Ra
G.U.Y: Lady Gaga & Anton Zaslavski
Sexxx Dreams: Lady Gaga, Paul "DJ White Shadow" Blair, Martin Bresso & William Grigahcine
Jewels N' Drugs: Lady Gaga
MANiCURE: Lady Gaga, Paul "DJ White Shadow" Blair, Dino Zisis & Nick Monson
Do What U Want: Lady Gaga, R. Kelly, Paul "DJ White Shadow" Blair, Martin Bresso & William Grigahcine
ARTPOP: Lady Gaga, Paul "DJ White Shadow" Blair, Dino Zisis & Nick Monson
Swine: Lady Gaga, Paul "DJ White Shadow" Blair, Dino Zisis & Nick Monson
Donatella: Lady Gaga & Anton Zaslavski
Fashion!: Lady Gaga, Giorgio Tuinfort, William Adams, David Guetta & Paul "DJ White Shadow" Blair
Mary Jane Holland: Lady Gaga & Hugo Leclercq
Dope: Lady Gaga, Paul "DJ White Shadow" Blair, Nick Monson & Dino Zisis
Gypsy: Lady Gaga, Paul "DJ White Shadow" Blair, Hugo Leclercq & RedOne

Anton = Zedd
Hugo = Madeon
Amia & Erez = Infected Mushroom

I spot at least one interesting one in there.

ibbuzZf4IXbHpL.gif

EDIT: Looks like Venus will be Gaga, White Shadow, Madeon and some other randoms. Sun Ra is a jazz musician who died in 1992 - a sample maybe?

DOUBLE EDIT: Wait, no Rick Rubin on Dope? :/ Maybe this is fake.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Gaga as the only producer for Jewels and Drugs?

Mau ®

Mmhm...

PRISM is punching me a bit on this fine Saturday evening...

EDIT: Nope. It's shit after Double Rainbow. And I had to delete a few songs.

Nemesis_

Okay, well let's cut out the random producers (they featured on Applause too, for what it's worth) and do a producer roll count for ARTPOP.

========================

DJ White Shadow
Venus
Sexxx Dreams
MANiCURE
Do What U Want
ARTPOP
Swine
Fashion!
Dope
Gypsy
Applause

Madeon
Venus
Mary Jane Holland
Gypsy

Zedd
Aura
G.U.Y.
Donatella

Infected Mushroom
Aura

will.i.am
Fashion!

David Guetta
Fashion!

Rick Rubin
Dope

Lady Gaga
Everything

========================

It was much more eclectic than I thought it would be - but a bit disappointing to see that Audrey Napoleon hasn't appeared on the record. I know it was a rumour - and she was probably just using the situation for promo, but her music was very unique and I was interested to hear what she put out.

I also have to edit the OT now :jonny:

Matt_

am jam video leaked. you can find it on other sites

Trigger

A damn mess. The ATM JAM video is all over the place.

Shit video for a shit song. She needs to leak something from her album.

Her label should just quietly shuffle that album out the door and finally drop her flop ass. It'd be best for everyone.

Matt_

The Bad Girls video is just so flawless I cant even deal. Its been nearly two years and we're STILL waiting for MIA. She and her label wasted so much momentum and hype

Bad Girls still scalps me every time I listen to it. Y.A.L.A. snatches a few clumps.

The rest that I've heard from Matangi has been dire and hasn't managed to snatch a single follicle.

Matt_

Bad Girls still scalps me every time I listen to it. Y.A.L.A. snatches a few clumps.

The rest that I've heard from Matangi has been dire and hasn't managed to snatch a single follicle.

Only 1 U provided me with a light slayage. I like Bring the Noize too
Come Walk With Me is odd. I like how it starts then it goes to a different place that I can't decide whether I like

botty

Banned
Just saw the "ATM JAM" video.

I guess it would be fitting for either godels or Arte to do the eulogy... however short it may be.

ibrT3L7MclwzhU.gif

Tokubetsu

The Bad Girls video is just so flawless I cant even deal. Its been nearly two years and we're STILL waiting for MIA. She and her label wasted so much momentum and hype

To be fair, there is no way she could top or even match Bad Girls song AND video.

Let me just leave this new slay-a-bit Hooverphonic song here:
Amalfi

I'm not sure how it stacks up against their back catalog just yet, but clearly they haven't lost their touch for infectious melodies. Plus the guy in the video, yum.

Aguila

#ICONIC
The CAREER JAM video and song are pure cow diarrhea which will only serve to highlight the slayage that I'm sure will come with rest of BWET.

iJaU1kgjWSCIs.gif

o, and happy birthday Kyon!

xaosslug

listening to PRISM again. It shits so freaking hard. I mean not Birthday giving me P.Y.T. teas? Katy did an amazing job marrying retro and modern sounds. PRISM is actually what I expected from Bangerz, tbh.

why ROAR as the first single, tho? I mean

ibmipG1BpprGPZ.gif

aside: many songs, like Double Rainbow for instance, are almost too good to be Katy songs.
ilnISygvx1huB.gif

how mold are you, Kyon?

iI3yOxr4T189s.gif

Trigger

why ROAR as the first single, tho? I mean

I said it before in the deleted thread, but Roar is just the kind of generic, positive song made for radio. Anyone can sing it and relate on some level. The success of that single kind of speaks for itself.

I agree with you on Double Rainbow.

So baby if you love me let me know
'Cause everything that hurts, you've hurt before
You're about to tear this love apart
And break another glass heart

So baby if you love me let me know
'Cause every time we touch, touch it's turning cold
Promise that we'll never fall apart
And I'll love you with my glass heart

XN7CEBD.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.