• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Does he even look familiar? (I feel old sometimes.. heh) I had two friends that put their last name as Taylor in our HS year book, ki

John+Taylor+galjt1982.jpg

No he doesn't but I have heard of duran duran though

I thought Rod Stewart was the lead guy of Duran Duran
i6D7vJG0Ocws1.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I read that the 20/20 is just to get out of contract bullshit and he wrote it in less than a month.

You can tell.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
So far in GTAV I've heard both the Superior Robyn's iconic 'With Every Heartbeat' and the Inferior Robyn's slightly less iconic 'Only Girl In The World'

Game of the Generation confirmed ;_;

Mau ®

So far in GTAV I've heard both the Superior Robyn's iconic 'With Every Heartbeat' and the Inferior Robyn's slightly less iconic 'Only Girl In The World'

Game of the Generation confirmed ;_;

I'm gonna let this one slide because Robyn's "With Every Heartbeat" truly is an outstanding pop track ;__;

cory64

Looks like a commentary on BTW tbh.

Katy has two of the top 5 tracks on iTunes right now.

edit: I can't at WrkB rising 7 points today then falling again

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Those with the asterisk on their names are the new releases.

*Keith Urban (Capitol Nashville) 100-105k
*The Weeknd (XO/Republic) 90-95k
*2 Chainz (Def Jam/IDJ) 55-60k
Luke Bryan (Capitol Nashville) 50-55k
*Janelle Monae (Bad Boy/Atlantic) 45-50k
*Arctic Monkeys (Domino) 35-40k
*Sheryl Crow (Warner Bros. Nashville) 30-35k
Ariana Grande (Republic) 30-35k
Tamar Braxton (Epic) 30-35k
*Earth Wind & Fire (Legacy) 27-30k
John Legend (Columbia) 25-28k
Avenged Sevenfold (Warner Bros.) 21-24k
*Kaskade (Ultra) 20-23k
Nine Inch Nails (Columbia) 20-23k
Robin Thicke (Star Trak/Interscope) 18-21k

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Woman Wakes Up to Discover Alicia Keys Partying in Her Kitchen
Alicia-Keyes-New-Hair-Cut.png

No one, no one, no one expects to wake up in the middle of the night and find Alicia Keys and her husband, Swizz Beatz, throwing a party in their house ... but one Hamptons homeowner groggily wandered downstairs to find just that.

Keys and Swizz Beatz had rented a place down the road, but got "confused and accidentally entered the wrong house," a source told Page Six. It's unclear why said house was unlocked, but so it happened that the R&B singer and her posse ended up in a stranger's kitchen.

A "Hamptons insider" explained the night, saying, "There was a woman upstairs in the bedroom at the house, and she heard noises downstairs. The woman’s daughter, a recent college grad, and her friends had been ‘pregaming’ earlier in the night before going out, so she assumed that the noise was that they’d all returned home."

Instead, she found Alicia Keys.

According to Page Six, "all parties saw the humor in the mishap," which, we guess, means no charges were pressed, and maybe even some backstage passes were given out.

Source

Alicia Keys probably was wasted as fuck.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Breaking up families and breaking into houses
When will this dangerous spiral into immorality end?

I was having an awful day at work today. And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse...Rihanna starts blaring on the store radio. I felt like jumping off a cliff. >:|

DMeisterJ

Banned
I was having an awful day at work today. And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse...Rihanna starts blaring on the store radio. I felt like jumping off a cliff. >:|

I was having a good day and the I read your post. Then I kept on having a good day because I love laughing at ba$ics who have to bring up Rihanna for relevance.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
New Kerli pictures. Who shall copy her next?
KuGsj.gif
I actually hoped more of Gaga's ARTPOP pics would be along the lines of this stuff (and the Mermaid outfits she's been giving us). More colorful, fantasy-oriented, almost David Lachapelle-ish and less grungy or artsy/plain black.

Matt_

Y'know, minus the incomparable talent and timeless album.

ip45Q6C0c9K59.gif

I think that goes without saying
Not that Sky hasnt been able to put out a decent track here and there though

Fey

Banned
Vanity Fair stans Madonna

While the younger cadre of pop stars seem to be constantly sweating to get attention—tweeting incessantly about VEVO records and iTunes rankings, dressing up in all kinds of costumes, twerking as though their lives depend on it (in a certain way, maybe they do)—Madonna, the elder stateswoman of pop, is now in a place where she can just do whatever she wants.

Ostensibly to generate some buzz for the aforementioned film—titled secretprojectrevolution (again, it’s Madonna; she does whatever she wants and somehow the output never seems uncool)—Madonna participated in a Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything) last night, in which she fielded a whole bunch of questions from fans in real time. (She hasn't completely become “one of us,” though; don't fret. When asked if she was typing the answers herself, she responded, “im vaccuming the housekeeper is typing.”)

That sardonic dryness pervaded the entire Q&A. No vagaries or platitudes, so prevalent these days among the pop star set, here; Madonna, refreshingly, responded with the caustic directness of your most blunt friend at Sunday brunch. When asked how to best “ease the pain” after the dissolution of a three-year relationship, and, as a follow-up, “which of your songs should I play repeatedly,” Madonna naughtily responded, “gang bang,” followed by “the song gang bang from my last record.”

And in perhaps her most succinct message for the current crop of pop stars (and one they’d take well to heed), Madonna had this to say when asked why she thinks some people “have such a hard time wrapping their head” around her actions: “because i dont explain everything nor do i feel the need to.”

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I see that less as a drag and more as some awesome motivation for her to step up her game. Pink has proven herself to be a phenomenal performer, and Miley should take note. She doesn't have to resort to the "Look how sexy I am!!" act that Britney and Christina both resorted to to gain attention and "maturity," and she should stop soon -- especially since she's going the trashiest route possible.

royalan

I see that less as a drag and more as some awesome motivation for her to step up her game. Pink has proven herself to be a phenomenal performer, and Miley should take note. She doesn't have to resort to the "Look how sexy I am!!" act that Britney and Christina both resorted to to gain attention and "maturity," and she should stop soon -- especially since she's going the trashiest route possible.

...come again?

Christina never HAD to resort to attention-grabbing sexiness to get attention. After her SMASHING debut album that had people comparing her to Whitney and Mariah she already HAD it. Christina could have put out another good girl follow-up to her debut and still smashed the world. Hell, there are still people out there who believe that would have been the smarter choice over putting out Stripped.

Christina went Dirrty because she WANTED to. Because she was a bad bitch and didn't want to go another era as a fake goody-good girl. Miley's doing the same exact thing.

St!nk needs to sit his ass down.

Kyon

Banned
Legend X and Knee were ICONS the minute they debuted.

One hit wonders and one trick ponies they called them ladies. Yet time after time the Pop Princesses smashing records and slaying the charts still to this day.

Woman Wakes Up to Discover Alicia Keys Partying in Her Kitchen
Alicia-Keyes-New-Hair-Cut.png

Source

Alicia Keys probably was wasted as fuck.

LOCK IT UP

icNe6Jr6j7bbC.gif

Trigger

I completely agree with your point. I just appreciated P!nk's candor. Most of the other artists have taken a wish-washy stance of "well she's just having fun!!". It's nice to hear a female artist with that kind of talent and stature spilling some tea.

Mau ®;82386377 said:
Everyday must be a struggle for you then

britneyentrima4cm3.gif

Normally I tolerate Rihanna when she comes on the radio, but today was just one piece of shit after another.

I blame GTAV, since that's what started things.

britneyentrima4cm3.gif

Kyon

Banned
I completely agree with your point. I just appreciated P!nk's candor. Most of the other artists have taken a wish-washy stance of "well she's just having fun!!". It's nice to hear a female artist with that kind of talent and stature spilling some tea.

Why am I not surprised

britneyentrima4cm3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom