• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
v8mBhcV.png

and just for laughs

UROqGj8.png

(this may be the first xmas album i've heard where the original songs clock the classics)

owl.gif

I've legit seen stans use "her ARTPOP could mean anything" as an excuse lmao
the beat is nice though

but def smarter on the labels hand to go with DWUW over this, DWUW is much more radio friendly
edit: o @ the edit of DWUW on spotify cutting out R Kelly's "FU" but leaving in just the "UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK"

I'm guessing from the start they just wanted these singles to be for the fans to scope out the sound of the album without really thinking about how radio friendly they were. But upon DWUWpocalypse 2013 they decided to change shit.
Any idea on what the next single after Venus is yet?

Artemisia

Banned
Sexxx Dreams and MANiCURE would do well on the charts, I am sure of that. Why would they would choose something like this? Her team is fucked.

Nemesis_

I want to hear the chorus though :/

Gaga pretty much confirmed she produced this apparently?

Either way, I'm happy I'll have another track downloaded onto my iTunes this coming week.

EDIT: aaaaaandddd I think I already like this better than DWUW.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
That venus snippet...
Definitely a grower but what on earth

Hige

Maybe she'll forget about promising a video for Venus and move on to making G.U.Y. the next single. That snippet is everything TBH.

Styles

Maybe she'll forget about promising a video for Venus and move on to making G.U.Y. the next single. That snippet is everything TBH.

I agree, it should become a single at some point down the line. The chorus sounds MASSIVE from the snippet we got.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

yes yes YES
The guy snippet has been repeated so many times, that hook is deadly

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Oh my fucking god. Venus is the best troll ever. It has to be.

I'm actually lolling.

GARDEN PANTY!

Continuing Tori Amos' Datura trend. Garden Panty, Shellopini... this is exactly the tongue in cheek ridiculousness I am here for from her.

Ollie Pooch

Going back through my Bjork collection and getting all my life rn
welcome to bangkok
Post defined my 90s. What an incredible album and artist. Enjoy and Headphones. Tricky ftw.

Check out Sweet Intuition if you haven't already, one of her finest songs and a b-side.

I can't stop listening

This is exactly what I wanted from ARTPOP. Balls to the wall, hilariously self-aware, campy as all hell and FIERCE. Imagine the music video for this though

I hope the rest of the song keeps up the flawlessness. I love that this is my favorite snippet so far and it's produced by Gaga herself. Her power.

Ollie Pooch

I can't stop thinking of the Simpsons - "Many of us are still..."

ALIVE

edit: Yeah, can't get enough of this snippet. It's so hilariously 70s, and so deadpan. And dat harmony at 'our new dimension...'.

I just texted the link to my ex, and then heard it playing from his bedroom, which set me off again.

OMG that Venus snippet is slaying me.

What I hate is that it cuts off when it's building up. Monday needs to get here quickly. I need the full song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom