• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit Gypsy sounds like such a monster record I canNOT

Not really paying attention to the tweets about the rest of the songs, my taste is completely my own so I'll wait to hear them myself.

VENUS THOUGH

Mumei

Well I was going to say since All I Want for Christmas, but I couldn't remember how long ago it was since that actually came out, so I was covering myself incase something snuck in since then =P

All I Want for Christmas Is You was released in 1994!

Mhm, but I loved the Heartbreaker one. They're all great.

Heartbreaker/If You Should Ever Be Lonely is a bop.

... I don't remember, but did you like Mariah in general? Or just this?

Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii at the desperation.

Poor eBey.

ixu8tUQK4f6Oc.gif

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Holy shit Gypsy sounds like such a monster record I canNOT

Not really paying attention to the tweets about the rest of the songs, my taste is completely my own so I'll wait to hear them myself.

VENUS THOUGH
Eh. Another overly dramatic droning ballad? I don't get it... maybe it'll be more upbeat on the record but jeeeeebus. *skip*

Lord all the Little Monsters on Twitter are just the worst kinds of people.... everyone's in shambles coz Venus got shafted because they've assumed that Venus was going to be the sonic equivalent to the California Gold Rush. Can't we just enjoy the music and calm our collective tits? I've waited 2+ years for new Gaga material and I have to sweep my way through these hacks to get every news tidbit like a Swiffer Jet and I'm OVER IT

Eh. Another overly dramatic droning ballad? I don't get it... maybe it'll be more upbeat on the record but jeeeeebus. *skip*

It's a low-tempo EDM track; that performance wasn't good but that's because Gaga songs don't make for good piano ballads. Her lyrics are too esoteric and "statement-y" to be layered with extra meaning. They only work with their respective productions (See: Hair)

Partition

Banned
Lord all the Little Monsters on Twitter are just the worst kinds of people.... everyone's in shambles coz Venus got shafted because they've assumed that Venus was going to be the sonic equivalent to the California Gold Rush. Can't we just enjoy the music and calm our collective tits? I've waited 2+ years for new Gaga material and I have to sweep my way through these hacks to get every news tidbit like a Swiffer Jet and I'm OVER IT

The monsters are doing the most everywhere about this whole situation. It's really annoying frankly. And it sounds like Gaga made the right choice judging by this Venus snippet

Ollie Pooch

It's a low-tempo EDM track; that performance wasn't good but that's because Gaga songs don't make for good piano ballads. Her lyrics are too esoteric and "statement-y" to be layered with extra meaning. They only work with their respective productions (See: Hair)
Well in that case she probably shouldn't have performed it as a piano ballad then! Will see when the album is out, I guess. I also tend to disagree, she's stripped down a few of her songs in the past to work on a piano. That was just an overlong rambling mess.

I'm listening to The Shiturdays new album. And I'm not getting it. Basic so far.

Cute that they paid homage to the Living Legend Britney Jean Spears in Disco Love tho.

K9Ic7.gif

I also tend to disagree, she's stripped down a few of her songs in the past to work on a piano. That was just an overlong rambling mess.

Mmmhmm.

ibvSxAJwcM0Tdi.gif

Bladenic

All I Want for Christmas Is You was released in 1994!

Heartbreaker/If You Should Ever Be Lonely is a bop.

... I don't remember, but did you like Mariah in general? Or just this?

I was a huge stan when I discovered her during EoM. Unfortunately there's lots of her stuff I don't much care for, but also tons I love. So yeah I like her in general, but these remixes are shitting.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
from someone who actually went to the event

She came to the stage and just anounced the album and she played the full album without stop. She shot alot with her own cam and she even came on a little podest during Aura/Venus and was in the middle of the croud. Sooooo close!!!! Most of the time she was on the main stage and just dancing or sitting and siningn along. Tara was amazing lol she knows ALL the lyrics and really went in! Also Lace, Frederik and the other guy from the Swinefest were on stage with her. During Gypsy also Lane came on stage.

Oh and during Dope Tara and Gaga cried SO much! They love it so much. Just to explain you we were in this big room and then they just played the full album very loud and had lights and all. It was like in a club and we were all jumping, dancing and singing, so it was VERY hard to remember/understand the lyrics so sorry about that.

- Aura, vocals like in the lyrics video, the rest is exaclty the same as the demo version to me.

- Venus, ok so she was on the podest and everyone was going crazy so we were all excited but this is a typical big gaga song! It starts with the "Rocke No. 9" lyrics (or whatever she posted), it's quite midtempo at first (in a way like ARTPOP maybe hmm), but the chorus is fast and very catchy, I think it either had a great pre- or postchorus. The chorus was the "This could be love"-Lyrics. She sings also "Let me be your Venus". I know I loved it.

- G.U.Y., if the preview hyped you you will die when you hear the song. It has some weird intro something along "Welcome to....", kinda like in a plane. It has the typical Zedd music style, it had an amazing pre-chorus!! I wanna be the G. U. Y., I wanna be the G.U.Y., I wanna be the G.U.Y., .....and then something else lol. The last sentence is something different in the chorus but I forgot I think something like "So let me ....". Honestly that song is BIG!

- Sexxx Dreams, similiar to the iTunes version but the beats are HARDER on the chorus (might have been just the base in the club though?), but from the second chorus everything changed! There were some adlibs to the Last night .... part. And it sounded great, I really didn't understand what she said though. Just some additional words. And the bridge was something totally different!! But they kept the "I can't believe I'm telling you this but I'm kinda drunk" part. Def. improvment, the chorus ain't that repetitive imo!

- Jewels N' Drugs, totally the same as iTunes.

- MANiCURE, the 2 mins lq leak is def the album version! The heal me part is only sung for the bridge! The chorus is much better now, you can listen to it on the leak. She sang something like "she can be saved, but not from man...." something like that. I really don't remember. But it's better. Oh I think the "heal me" part was after the breakdown where Lacee danced on the itunes, or was it before? Damn. Anyway the breakdown is I think twice as long and then the chorus comes back. I felt like it was a bit less rocky. We all jumped during the song it was amazing!

- Do What U Want, well nothing different

- Artpop, her vocals are softer as you heard in the preview. The Hee-Hee's are still in there after the first chorus and the song ends with "Free my mind Artpop, you make my heart stop". The rest is same as iTunes.

- Swine, starts with the music that came after her I know I know piano part on Swinefest. There is no squeling at the end of the song, the beat is SICK!!!! But pretty much same as iTunes just generally harder!! Very good.

- Donatella, had a killer chorus, very good Zedd music, it had some amazing music breakdown. The chorus is exactly what you expect from an EMD track. I know I loved it but barely can remember it now.

- Fashion! .....she sang just before the chorus "I can rule the world, we can rule the world".....and something like "You're my love" + "Let me be your fashion!"...but it still is about Fashion, not a pure love song. The chorus was very uplifting, I know I dind't really care about the verses. The music during Chorus sounds quite Madeon, I guess that might have been David Guetta's part?

- Mary Jane Holland, I'm sorry to tell you but I barely remember it. Just like Venus, G.U.Y. and Sexxx Dreams flow so much together also Donatella, Fashion! and MJH flow very well but it's kinda hard to different them at first listen! I know she spelled something out before the chorus M . . ...three letters but it wasn't MJH. She also says "Let me be your Mary Jane Holland". I kinda expected it to be wilder, Donatella is harder imo. But it had typical Madeon music. It is a great track but wasn't memorable to me sorry.

- Dope, it's sung like I wanna be with you but I think she didn't keep any of the original lyrics. I know she sang something like "I need you more than you need me". Oh the end of the chours is "I nedd you more than dope". It's just piano but in the club it felt like it also had a bit of drum. Tbh it doesn't fit in the album at all and is a real downer. But it is a good song but you just have to feel like listening to it.

- Gypsy, great song, it starts slow, goes midtempo but the chorus is very fast actually, like a faster TEOG during the chorus. It's very uplifiting but still a bit melancholic. You heard the lyrics now. The I'm a gypsy gypsy gypsy part was great on the track. The toniiiiiight toniiiiiight is where the fast upliffting music kicks in. Also the city name calling was good on the track, it kinda felt natural. In the CD version she didn't sing the german part she sang on the piano. Very great track and def single material.

- Applause, that was SO different, I was shocked!!!! .....jk, same as single version but it was good to close the album. I understand why she used it. But somehow it doesn't fit on the album for me. It's like an outsider a little bit.

Ollie Pooch

Oooo, Legendary Lovers is nice.

I laughed - I heard chickens on the sorta Indian-style production and thought 'HOW authentic' then realised it was the neighbour's chicken coop. Ooops.

Walking on Air sounds like Dannii Minogue circa 1992. D:

3phemeral

Every stan account of that listening party is to be taken with a grain of salt. Monsters can't be objective.

I remember when Whitney came out with her new album and one of her stans said essentially this:

Love song? Check.
Key change? Check.

The voice is BACK!

I never listen to stan feedback.

Every stan account of that listening party is to be taken with a grain of salt. Monsters can't be objective.

oop and there it is
I'm guessing most of the serious accounts are okay, the stans who are just parroting YAAAAS GAGA YAAAAAAAAAAAAS GENIUS ARTPOP are just taking too much in lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom