• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
I'm sorry, but anyone saying that Lady Gaga has her sights set purely on chart success just needs to listen to this. Hilarious.

There's actually some really cool bass and very subtle string synthy stuff in that track. Need to hear in full.

ArtPop is going to be amazing. I'm not listening to anymore snippets. Venus will be the last.. I want to ingest this whole album into my body come the 11th with no spoilers. Lady Gaga has me thirsty and parched right now.

Styles

tumblr_mv8714P9tM1r3sf9do1_500.jpg

troll-doll-troll-dolls-1353648-640-480.jpg

jonny_zpsfdda5d96.png

royalan

I have yet to hear 40 seconds of a Gaga song as terrible as Venus that went on to save itself with the full track. The song is shit. It sounds like something you'd hear on one of those damn Adult Swim shows.

royalan

Roy hates it which means it'll be the best song on the album.

A+ incoming

I have a feeling ARTPOP is going to end up being the best song on the album. Looking back at the iTunes Festival performances, I think it was actually my favorite song she performed. I like it better than Sex Dreams, Manicure and Jewels and Drugs now.

Kyon

Banned

EDIT:

content.i2qebitzri22c7dqim0kz-faaoqm1hoojbfejg5fdca.jpg

Jdhsisjdkdn HEEEELLLP

EDIT3:

Dear Fans,

I haven't sat down to write you guys in SUCH a long time. Long overdue! We're all so used to getting our thoughts out in 140 characters, but sometimes its nice to take time to sit down and write something a little longer and more personal. I am putting the finishing touches on my new album, "Britney Jean" over the next few days and I am so excited for you to hear it. I poured my heart and soul into this album and it's been an incredible journey. I've learned a lot about myself, and as I am finishing, I am reminded of the incredible foundation that has supported me for the last 15 years. Thank you all for continuing to follow me on this journey and for allowing me to do what I love to do. I can’t believe this is my eighth studio album and I know I keep telling you that it is my most personal record yet, but its true and I’m really proud of that.

I have been through a lot in the past few years and it has really inspired me to dig deeper and write songs that I think everyone can relate to. Working with people like Sia, William Orbit, and of course Will.i.am has been an amazing experience. They have listened to all of my ideas and helped me bring them to life. There are a lot of really fun, upbeat dance songs, but it was important to me that I show my strength, and my attitude, and my vulnerability. Of course, I also have some surprises for you guys

I want to show you the different sides of Britney Spears. I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean.

Hope you love my labor of love!

Love Always,
Britney

SHE HASNT WRITTEN US A LETTER SINCE HER DARK DAYS ;_;

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
LMAO @ Venus

Not even hearing the chorus yet it still sounds loud and obnoxious, your typical lady gaga dance track flare
Definitely not what she needs right now and whoever advise for it to be a single needs to stop giving their input.

xaosslug

Katy is such an endearing mess, live. I really can't. But ha male dancers in them tight white leggings/pants/whatever... Lawd.

iw9eak7N5cqnC.gif

I have yet to hear 40 seconds of a Gaga song as terrible as Venus that went on to save itself with the full track. The song is shit. It sounds like something you'd hear on one of those damn Adult Swim shows.

no!

iKnWGswCAqbBm.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I have a feeling ARTPOP is going to end up being the best song on the album. Looking back at the iTunes Festival performances, I think it was actually my favorite song she performed. I like it better than Sex Dreams, Manicure and Jewels and Drugs now.

ARTPOP sounds absolutely fantastic. A good melody (Gaga can still write them, apparently) and serving up Debbie Harry realness with the vocals. Slay a bit, Gags.

LMAO @ Venus

Not even hearing the chorus yet it still sounds loud and obnoxious, your typical lady gaga dance track flare
Definitely not what she needs right now and whoever advise for it to be a single needs to stop giving their input.

Why do you think this wouldn't be a hit? Coz it sounds like a hit.

Have we forgotten that her most popular lyric is a series of nonsense syllables? Goofy Gaga is best Gaga.

SaintZ

Bad Girl slays so fucking much. The song is perfect for Marilyn to be feaured in. I even like Hello Kitty in full. :weeps:

17, Sippin' on Sunshine and HTNGU have to be the weakest songs tbh.

cory64

EDIT:

content.i2qebitzri22c7dqim0kz-faaoqm1hoojbfejg5fdca.jpg

Jdhsisjdkdn HEEEELLLP

EDIT3:

SHE HASNT WRITTEN US A LETTER SINCE HER DARK DAYS ;_;

an album cover that isn't bed bath and beyondknee again
HELP

& oh @ her having an ode to her fathers main source of income

it's still not a great cover.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Why do you think this wouldn't be a hit? Coz it sounds like a hit.

Have we forgotten that her most popular lyric is a series of nonsense syllables? Goofy Gaga is best Gaga.

this is what I thought of when I heard it

tumblr_inline_mntpveYZxO1qz4rgp.gif

How many times are we going to hear Gaga put out goofy lyrics that people have to get used to sing along to and not feel awkward about it over a dance beat. I believe Applause was enough for one era

Kyon

Banned
an album cover that isn't bed bath and beyondknee again
HELP

& oh @ her having an ode to her fathers main source of income

it's still not a great cover.

You act as if all of her covers in her entire disco weren't already shit
iyrLku2lKw6Xw.gif

I like how simple it is. Basic and with her handwriting the title and the heart. :) since it's a personal album it makes sense.

it wouldn't be a Britney album without a shit cover

cory64

She dots her i's higher than RiRi on the 777 Tour flying over Amsterdam.

edit:

How many times are we going to hear Gaga put out goofy lyrics that people have to get used to sing along to and not feel awkward about it over a dance beat. I believe Applause was enough for one era

My #NVAY reading comprehension level does not allow me to parse this post properly :(

You mean goofy lyrics like "Ra Ra Ah Ah Ah" and "bluffin' with my muffin"?

Gaga has ALWAYS had goofy lyrics. From disco sticks to rejoicing Mexico to subway kids to ear condoms. That's kind of her thing.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
You mean goofy lyrics like "Ra Ra Ah Ah Ah" and "bluffin' with my muffin"?

Gaga has ALWAYS had goofy lyrics. From disco sticks to rejoicing Mexico to subway kids to ear condoms. That's kind of her thing.

And obviously the GP is moving past that other wise "ear condom", "skeleton guns", and "nostalgia is for geeks" wouldnt have performed the way they did

DWUW is a breath of fresh air among the weird and jarring verses Gaga parades around. Going from Applause to Venus would've been like how Ke$ha went from Die Young to C'Mon. We get it you like to party, anything new?
iS2dlmGwliyNT.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom