• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

3phemeral

Gaga interview update:

• App has free games and music "makes the games more fun."
  • App deadline for her to finish up is in two weeks.
  • Would rather be an artist than a celebrity (was asked which she preferred).
  • Says that being a woman in the industry, people inherently expect and want you to shut up and just make music. That they don't want them to have an opinion.
  • Tries to prevent leaks by not having songs on computers that are accessible to the internet.
  • Currently playing Work Bitch.

Kyon

Banned
Yas Stefani show that bitch how to do PROMO
sad.gif

3phemeral

Apparently they thought they were having technical difficulties and assumed they weren't on air, so JoJo asked Gaga if she wanted to sing part of her new album and she replied, "Not really." hah

Partition

Banned
GUYS MY COADMIN ON OGG TALKED TO GAGA ON THE PHONE AND GAGA SAID SHE KNOWS ABOUT OGG AND LIKES US DUUDDJDUISHSUSUXHXHISJIS SHAKING AND CRYING

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I'm seeing on Twitter that she is headlining the iHeartRadio Festival in Vegas this weekend? But I didn't see that anywhere on the actual interview. :/

Mau ®;82434933 said:
I think the announcement was that she is headlining the iHeartReadio festival.

She better play Mary Jane Holland!!

idts, she never said anything about it during the interview. Some Gaga fansite just put it out there with no real source.

And I think its too late to announce you are headlining a festival that takes place this weekend. This was just an interview so KISS can play her damn song tbh
rip_zpsec10ede9.gif

cory64

hmm...

This makes me feel old. They were my gateway band to "real music"
Let me rip apart the track listing for not including my fave songs tho (mainly Bones and Tranquilize because they were singles)
Indie Rock and Roll was a promo single, should have been included too. Bourbon on the Shelf would have been my non-single pick. Maybe Bling or Sam's Town.

3phemeral

I guess the app talk was that?
Would suck if it was. I must have missed the very first part of the interview because I don't recall hearing the following:

I'm seeing on Twitter that she is headlining the iHeartRadio Festival in Vegas this weekend? But I didn't see that anywhere on the actual interview. :/

Mau ®;82434933 said:
I think the announcement was that she is headlining the iHeartReadio festival.

She better play Mary Jane Holland!!

This is pretty great news, actually. I remember a lot of people saying she should have booked this event as well.

Thanks!

3phemeral

Since they played Titanium during that iHeart Radio Gaga interview, I wanted to listen to acoustic Sia again and stumbled upon "Soon We'll Be Found."

Gawdamn, she blows me away with these ballads. I tried to buy it, but apparently I already own it. I seriously need to go through my backlog of purchased-but-haven't-listened-to albums because I'm probably missing out on quite a few gems.

[edit]

In other news, UK scientists who invented a self-healing polymer stanning for BTW Gaga.

Get dat promo!

IrishNinja

ya'll already moved past drizzy slayin faves huh

I refuse t let this post be paid dust on the previous page.

you're right, it shouldve been tossed back a few more pages

Gurls, hold me. Sega has purchased Atlus.

I don't know what to think right now... My thoughts are a blur. I think I'm hyperventilating.

tumblr_m4ih8b7hgc1rvbfleo1_500.gif

Mau ®;82426185 said:
RIP SMT series.

fucking seganus

sega blessed ya'll by stopping nintendo/sony from locking in your niche faves to an excusive system, plus they like the PC scene so you never know. when they finally annoucne localization for Yakuza 5 & PSO 2 ima start throwin naysayers off a building

dance apocalyptic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> roar > applause >>>> dark horse >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> weak bitch

dance apocalyptic is the single greatest piece of music ever
next to love on top

Bladenic

We haven't moved past Queen Drake slaying the competition, those of us who like him in this thread are waiting to buy the album instead of listening to the leak.

Partition

Banned
Flopping without promo. An expected mess.

You guys are starting to sound like us TURDS. Applause U had no promo either and STILL managed to hold it's position for longer than TURD BITCH

At least Britney had an interview on GMA, which Gaga didn't get until her single was out for a whole week

With this looking to be the second era in a row where Gaga eclipses Britney on all fronts, I guess it's safe to say that Gaga is a bigger star then her now (though I can probably argue she has been since her debut).

Bladenic

You guys are starting to sound like us TURDS. Applause U had no promo either and STILL managed to hold it's position for longer than TURD BITCH

At least Britney had an interview on GMA, which Gaga didn't get until her single was out for a whole week

Didn't Gaga spend the entirety of that Monday doing promo? Saying she had no promo isn't really true lol. Britney did have GMA tho, true.

Partition

Banned
Didn't Gaga spend the entirety of that Monday doing promo? Saying she had no promo isn't really true lol. Britney did have GMA tho, true.

You mean radio interviews? Which are obscure and nothing close to the audience that GMA has? Try again.

EDIT: Britney also got her payola while Gaga didn't get hers until a week later

cory64

WrkB still has a higher relative popularity than Applause EVER achieved, it will probably do around 250k.
Gaga also had 2 high profile syndicated radio interviews and a promo video that day (and she made damn sure her makeup was on every talk show the next 24 hours), true not as big as GMA but still more promo than most songs get.

But let me not.

edit: that is a total fabrication, they were sharing payola slots all day that Tuesday. Applause premiered on iHeartRadio ffs

Partition

Banned
WrkB still has a higher relative popularity than Applause EVER achieved, it will probably do around 250k.
Gaga also had 2 high profile syndicated radio interviews and a promo video that day (and she made damn sure her makeup was on every talk show the next 24 hours), true not as big as GMA but still more promo than most songs get.

But let me not.

See my edit because none of what you said really matters.

And again, a higher peak means absolutely nothing. I think that HIAM technically peaked higher than Born This Way too, but we all know the tales of those two songs and how many weeks BTW was PERCHED at #1. What does a stat mean on paper when the song is forgotten and dropped off every chart in a short few weeks?

And it was not a fabrication, Gaga only received some of her payola that was originally meant for the 19th, because she had to split time with Katy. Her payola did not last a full day.

ya'll already moved past drizzy slayin faves huh

you're right, it shouldve been tossed back a few more pages

sega blessed ya'll by stopping nintendo/sony from locking in your niche faves to an excusive system, plus they like the PC scene so you never know. when they finally annoucne localization for Yakuza 5 & PSO 2 ima start throwin naysayers off a building

But Sega's track record with niche games is less than desirable. That's why all we seen from them in the west has been either Sonic, or their PC stuff. Bayonetta 2 wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Nintendo stepping in.

There's probably a better chance of Azealia Banks releasing her album than us getting Yakuza 5 and PSO 2. (got to keep it on topic :) )

cory64

She never got hourly spins on the 19th tho, it was all on the 12th. The updates don't lie.

8-13: +10.021
8-20: -5.795 (the sameish update as the previous few days, just with rolling kicking in).

Work B**ch
9-17: +9.574

So about the same.

edit: wasn't even realizing that WrkB also works for Wrecking Ball. This is GoW/GeOW all over again.

IrishNinja

But Sega's track record with niche games is less than desirable. That's why all we seen from them in the west has been either Sonic, or their PC stuff. Bayonetta 2 wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Nintendo stepping in. )

they supported Yakuza for way longer than most, and 5 is still comin (BELIEVE). VC 3 got left behind cause RIP PSP, that would've bombed hard and there's not even much interest over with operation rainfall on it last i checked.

relatively speaking, they marketed the shit out of bayo 1 (especially in japan) and did not see returns. after a bad loss a few years back (poor Binary Domain...) they said they were cutting back but still supported Nagoshi & co, still acquired & propped up Relic for great PC releases.

their record stands as far better than most others i think could even be painted as somehow checking for these properties. i reject your faulty receipts, SS!

Partition

Banned
She never got hourly spins on the 19th tho, it was all on the 12th. The updates don't lie.

8-13: +10.021
8-20: -5.795 (the sameish update as the previous few days, just with rolling kicking in).

Work B**ch
9-17: +9.574

So about the same.

edit: wasn't even realizing that WrkB also works for Wrecking Ball. This is GoW/GeOW all over again.

The payola was on the 20th according to that radio site
smiley-sweat.png
but whatever. My point stands regardless of the payola thing.

(I'm so glad Noah won't be in Suburgatory S3, he's the Azealia Banks of that show.)
And oop @ Work Bitch falling? What does the censored version say?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Birthday and IGAB are the best pop songs of the year.

(I'm so glad Noah won't be in Suburgatory S3, he's the Azealia Banks of that show.)
And oop @ Work Bitch falling? What does the censored version say?

1. Not here for that Azealia shade
2. WHEN IS SUBURGATORY BACK. I get all angsty when all my highschool teen drama shows aren't on

Oh and acting like Lorde is better than MIA let alone the Dalai Lana. You disgusting people. Go wash your mouths out.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Royals is just getting started. No promo and already at #3 on Billboard, covered by celebrities, and becoming a radio behemoth. Check ha in a month or two when the Lorde actually TRIES to promote.

o, Lorde doesn't like being a lackey like others who are only used to promote comedy movies and aging popstars,

i3u0JfpAkik8e.gif

That's Oscar-nominated lackey to you.

i3u0JfpAkik8e.gif

royalan

YASSSSS!!! TELL THESE HOES. Sega is the publisher most likely to let Atlus continue running the way they have been.

I SHUDDER at the thought of the horrors that would have befallen them if the fan community had gotten their way and Iwata's Nintendo had bought them. #phew!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom