• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who was in the android ghetto for the last 3 years I wouldn't. Fragmentation is dire and Google is gonna release Chrome OS on phones now. It's a mess like Ciara's career.

Isn't fragmentation a problem for people with lesser devices? I've not experienced that particular problem.

Trigger

6. DRAKE – Hold On We’re Going Home: 112.547 (+ 4.185) ▲

SLAY. QUEEN.

Bless. When will other rappers?

Though, I can confidently say HOWGH is probably the most pop friendly song he has having heard the album now. I hope he gets a lot of mileage out of it.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Is see Sloth Bitch is freefalling and on the cusp of being out of the top 5
Part of me wants to see it rebound, but then I kinda think Brit doesnt deserve it
If it falls below Applause though

ibmVFCZsNUbIo7.gif

Are gifs in peoples minus folders taking ages to load for anyone else?
Here they load fine but on the actual site they take a lifetime

YASSSSS!!! TELL THESE HOES. Sega is the publisher most likely to let Atlus continue running the way they have been.

I SHUDDER at the thought of the horrors that would have befallen them if the fan community had gotten their way and Iwata's Nintendo had bought them. #phew!

Yeah really. Sega isn't gonna infringe on their talents. Nintendo though? lol

(And I'm a Nintendo fan!)

Too bad about Work Bitch not smashing lives, such a fun song. Then again if you're not working for that top spot then you don't really deserve it.

I really hope Gaga announces her next single soon. Applause is still hanging around but it'll start freefalling within the next week or two. I'm guessing a new single in early October. (#teamgypsy)

Fey

Banned
With this looking to be the second era in a row where Gaga eclipses Britney on all fronts, I guess it's safe to say that Gaga is a bigger star then her now (though I can probably argue she has been since her debut).

The turds happy at the possibility that their 5 year old fave may not be as irrelevant as a 15 year old already established legend.

Take what you can, I guess.

i3u0JfpAkik8e.gif

royalan

I'm not surprised that Work Bitch is falling; it's a GREAT song, but it's not the most GP-friendly song.

Also, while I think Britney will always be able to perform well because of who she is, I think she's past the point of DOMINATING on her name alone. If she wants that now, she's got to work (bitch).

I'm curious about how this era is going to unfold. We've gotten a lot of "the old Britney is back!" from her team, but they did that shit at the start of Femme Fatale era, and she ended up having about as much energy as a blow-up doll that entire era. But so far I feel like it could go either way. The Britney we just saw in the one-on-one interview looked more alive than we've seen her in YEARS. But the Britney during that GMA mess looked like The Return of Deadney.

The stiffness.

The shades.

The clipped responses.

The rancid weave.

The fact that there was a suspicious distance between Britney and the actual fans that were there.

The general awkwardness.

GMA was an all-around MESS. And if we're getting that Britney again...ch, Gurl Bye.

EDIT: Oh, and the fact that she described her most personal, favorite song from the album as "the perfume song" makes me wonder just how involved she actually was in this project.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Work Bitch is flopping? Should've been released during summer.

Its not flopping, its just not setting the world on fire
I'm not sure when the video is due and I'm just going to assume she wont do any promo for it so unless it stabalises after the first day rush it will just keep dropping

I'm not surprised that Work Bitch is falling; it's a GREAT song, but it's not the most GP-friendly song.

Also, while I think Britney will always be able to perform well because of who she is, I think she's past the point of DOMINATING on her name alone. If she wants that now, she's got to work (bitch).

I'm curious about how this era is going to unfold. We've gotten a lot of "the old Britney is back!" from her team, but they did that shit at the start of Femme Fatale era, and she ended up having about as much energy as a blow-up doll that entire era. But so far I feel like it could go either way. The Britney we just saw in the one-on-one interview looked more alive than we've seen her in YEARS. But the Britney during that GMA mess looked like The Return of Deadney.

The stiffness.

The shades.

The clipped responses.

The rancid weave.

The fact that there was a suspicious distance between Britney and the actual fans that were there.

The general awkwardness.

GMA was an all-around MESS. And if we're getting that Britney again...ch, Gurl Bye.

EDIT: Oh, and the fact that she described her most personal, favorite song from the album as "the perfume song" makes me wonder just how involved she actually was in this project.

Yeah I'm still seeing the awkwardly frightened FF-era Deadney we've been seeing for the past three years. I really have no idea what's going on with her behind the scenes, but I still very much believe those testimonials about her performance on the set of her video. I KNOW that she can turn it out if she wanted to... my problem with her is that I don't know WHAT she wants. Is she making music because she genuinely enjoys the process, or because of pressure from her label, or pressure from her own people? Her music is constantly in line with the contemporary radio trends so I can see how her label might nudge her to release something current every once in a while.

And yeah, that "perfume song" being her favorite song without even touching on the contents of it... just reminds me of these other girls who can sell the shit out of their albums (and themselves) in an interview and realizing how archaic Britney's entire PR approach is. Even Beyonce's in a similar place as Britney, sort of canned during interviews except Beyonce's less mortified to speak frankly. It's refreshing to see people like Christina, Gaga or Rihanna talk about their music because you can just tell that they're making it because they believe in it. I don't get that from Britney.

Styles

Still waiting for "Sweeter Than Fiction" to happen on iTunes. This b**ch needs to stop blowing and release the song already.

ibvW0PF8HwRlmW.gif

YASSSSS!!! TELL THESE HOES. Sega is the publisher most likely to let Atlus continue running the way they have been.

I SHUDDER at the thought of the horrors that would have befallen them if the fan community had gotten their way and Iwata's Nintendo had bought them. #phew!

I don't know, Nintendo acquired MonolithSoft and allowed them to do their own thing and create the definitive RPG of last gen in Xenoblade and the anticipated one of this gen in X. Not to mention reviving dead franchises like Bayonetta and taking the helm at localizing other games like Bravely Default. I think they could've done a good job with Atlus' IPs given their popularity on at least their handhelds.

I'll take a wait and see approach, maybe this means I'll get an Atlus developed Phantasy Star V if that were to happen..
lEA4P.gif

Nemesis_

The turds happy at the possibility that their 5 year old fave may not be as irrelevant as a 15 year old already established legend.

Take what you can, I guess.

i3u0JfpAkik8e.gif

I suppose any Madonna stan in 2013 would be familiar with the phrase "take what you can"

Pretty much in line with what I assumed her interpretation of the song was. Applause is very much as relevant to her "character" as Just Dance, Bad Romance and Born This Way are. In fact it's the only single of hers that pertains entirely to being a celebrity (as opposed to Paparazzi which comes from the perspective of someone who's on the outside looking in), which is obviously an important dimension to her narrative. I like it more for being a song relevant to her than for being a song that I genuinely like. Though I do think the verses in Applause are some of the best she's done in her career. Just bombastic and fun and the vocals are amazing.

I think Lady Gaga is being very sincere. I have a level of respect for her for talking about her music. I like to talk about music so I appreciate it if the artist talks about it as well. But of course, if it comes out of her mouth it's being "conceded"... Had it been anyone else *coughcoughkatyperrycoughcough*.. Of course we would all appreciate it.

She makes a good point especially in the way elaborates artist and celebrities.. The song is called Applause for a reason.

And also Work Bitch suddenly flopped... Doesn't surprise me. Songs with no substance or meaning besides working and bitch shouldn't be at the top. It might as well should of been your run of the mill dance track feat. Flo ride and Pitbull with Jlo and Enrique as the writers lol! Sorry Britney.. Bring something better. These old folks trying to be in the game again can not be making these easy songs when their past songs had so much more to deliver. They should hold themselves in a much higher standard than that.

SaintZ

Billboard Digital Songs

1. Wrecking Ball - 477,000
2. Roar - 331,000
3. Royals - 263,000
4. Wake Me Up! - 202,000
5. Applause - 184,000
6. Berzerk - 165,000
7. Holy Grail - 146,000
8. Hold On We're Going Home - 143,000
9. Blurred Lines - 123,000
10. Summertime Sadness -118,000

The Hot 100 will be up any minute.

I think Lady Gaga is being very sincere. I have a level of respect for her for talking about her music. I like to talk about music so I appreciate it if the artist talks about it as well. But of course, if it comes out of her mouth it's being "conceded"... Had it been anyone else *coughcoughkatyperrycoughcough*.. Of course we would all appreciate it.

She makes a good point especially in the way elaborates artist and celebrities.. The song is called Applause for a reason.

And also Work Bitch suddenly flopped... Doesn't surprise me. Songs with no substance or meaning besides working and bitch shouldn't be at the top. It might as well should of been your run of the mill dance track feat. Flo ride and Pitbull with Jlo and Enrique as the writers lol! Sorry Britney.. Bring something better. These old folks trying to be in the game again can not be making these easy songs when their past songs had so much more to deliver. They should hold themselves in a much higher standard than that.

I love Gaga for wanting to talk about her music in a serious way because she HAS to; she's a woman who sings pop music. Those two characteristics automatically lend themselves to having people not take you seriously.

So the more Gaga talks about her music and the influences/motifs behind it the more I commend her for it. The other bitches are too scared about talking about their music in the same way, and it's either because 1) they don't connect to their music the way Gaga does, or 2) they dont' want to be seen in a negative light for talking in a slightly deep way about pop music.

It's a disservice to the genre to assume that talking about it deeply is a bad thing. Pop music is an endlessly flexible entity, it can be as layered or as shallow as you want it to be. So keep talking it up, Gaga, I'm all ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom