• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory64

Wrapped In Red might be taking on an entirely new meaning...
A few new meanings
ibmGWnfmGXGBos.gif

cory64

Bless the designer who picked Gwen as their fashion muse on Styled To Rock.

This Janet Jackson stan tho...

"I'm just having such a hard time with Beyonce in a male form"

Partition

Banned
Bless the designer who picked Gwen as their fashion muse on Styled To Rock.
No one picked Gaga.

This Janet Jackson stan tho...

I mean, why would you pick Gaga
09954248.gif

Not saying her fashion is bad or anything, but when you can't nail down a coherent style for more than a week, you can't really inspire people.

cory64

I mean, why would you pick Gaga
09954248.gif

Not saying her fashion is bad or anything, but when you can't nail down a coherent style for more than a week, you can't really inspire people.

Someone actually did but they were in the losers bracket. It was... poor.
I agree tho.

Rocket Number 9 take off to the planet, to the planet
Venus
Aphrodite lady seashell bikini, garb and panty
Venus
Let's blast off to a new dimension, in your bedroom
Penus
Aphrodite lady seashell bikini, get with me
Venus

ibsfLgdrxcTi7V.gif

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Venus
Venus
Penus
Venus

ibsfLgdrxcTi7V.gif
Typo or Freudian slip?

Styles

Venus
Venus
Penus
Venus

ibsfLgdrxcTi7V.gif

Have an oyster, baby
It’s Aphrod-isy
Act sleazy
Venus
Worship to the land
A girl from the planet (to the planet)
Venus

inLOGSqDihieU.gif

IrishNinja

venus is a bad romance knockoff but it's much better than the last bad romance knockoff so i use

edit: O!

c5e29a163fe111e3bf2722000a1fbc66_8.jpg

damn, still the queen

Mau ®;87840376 said:
Rihmember Rihanna's song featuring Eminem drops later today.

Be perched for that.

judging57p0y.gif

...so now that this combo is 0 for 3, can Em get back to making tracks for people other than his daughter's friends, i think that'd be neat

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
MARY
JANE
HOLLAND
WOOHOO

ibwIiC4nzwyP2V.gif

edit; Wait, Madeon is doing gypsy? I can see why ya'll are hyped

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Will rih be at the youtube awards doing Monster with em or will he be on his own?

Matt_

I hate how my favourite ARTPOP track so far is the one that everyone seems to be so divided on :(

#TeamMaryJane

Cosigned. Nothing else other than the GUY snippet has grabbed me so hard

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
The best tracks on PRISM aren't even as good as the worst ARTPOP tracks we've heard so far
iiMCJMtWo3lC.gif

Remain pressed that Gaga as per is leading the way in pop music. Perra certainly isn't leading anything with these projected first week numbers...

Objectivism in this - or any - discussion probably isn't going to be the strong suit for someone with a Gaga name/av, but I digress. Perra's tunes hit so hard for me because they're so calculated and deliberate, not despite these things. Errbody is into different aspects of pop, that's cool. idk with sales numbers and whatnot, as that's something I literally could not possibly care less about.

The idea that Gags is leading anything is pretty rihdiculous, though. For someone who bills herself as some sort of high-end pop messiah, her lyrics are embarrassingly nonsensical (oh, this is "intentional" or something okay), the production is a mess on these songs, and her image rn appears to be derived from local high school drag show productions. She's an incredible PR agent who excels at selling weird to the gp.

Objectivism in this - or any - discussion probably isn't going to be the strong suit for someone with a Gaga name/av, but I digress. Perra's tunes hit so hard for me because they're so calculated and deliberate, not despite these things. Errbody is into different aspects of pop, that's cool. idk with sales numbers and whatnot, as that's something I literally could not possibly care less about.

The idea that Gags is leading anything is pretty rihdiculous, though. For someone who bills herself as some sort of high-end pop messiah, her lyrics are embarrassingly nonsensical (oh, this is "intentional" or something okay), the production is a mess on these songs, and her image rn appears to be derived from local high school drag show productions. She's an incredible PR agent who excels at selling weird to the gp.

tumblr_mtebltf6P91rzlrowo1_500.gif

Gaga's the only person right now who creates pop music to fit around her own style and artistry, and not to fit it around radio. I can easily imagine anyone else releasing Prism. The songs are good but they're the opposite of authentic, unexpected, or reverent.

I think that's why Gaga's such an important member of the pop scene... She shows that pop doesn't have to be absent of authenticity and you can make pop music that both represents you uniquely while also being accessible en masse. No one else does that out of the modern pop girls except for Madonna (that's living at least).

Kyon

Banned

heh

ibyrNDZk3qdWkw.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom